Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding habit - page 3. (Read 645 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 12
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
May 03, 2018, 05:06:56 PM
This happens because bounty hunters don't really care about a project much. They care about gains and this is it. But sometimes holding habit does no good,  cuz a token may cost a zero one day.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Decentralized Asset Management Platform
May 03, 2018, 05:04:23 PM
This is a call to all bounty hunters to refrain from the dumping habits they are known for. Can bounty hunters cultivate good holding habit and stop dumping their tokens immediately after distribution?
Why do bounty hunters dump tokens?

For bounty hunters receiving tokens is like a paycheck. Bounty hunters are not investors, they are working and receive payment for work done. I am not a fan of dumping tokens after receiving, but I understand it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
May 03, 2018, 05:02:53 PM
Actually they have no choice but to sell immediately the tokens/coins they've got from bounty campaigns. I will give you a scenario (This is just what I've learned from my fellas in our local telegram chat):

There was a bounty hunter and he needs money, He joins in different bounties and participate to every program in it such as Social Media, Signature, Telegram, etc.
After a while this bounty hunter earned his stakes and rewarded by token.

Now he wants to sell it immediately because he knows that some of the bounty hunters will sell that token immediately too and If he holds it for a long time
there's no assurance that the value of tokens that he have will increase and that's why he chooses to dump it.

The Bounty Hunters will not going to take risk by holding a token that will soon will decrease its value.

This is what according to my own perception and understanding about the conversation in gc. I think it's really true because I for one will not going to take risk a sure profit.
At some point you are right.But as far as I know some of my friends regret for selling their tokens right after they got their shares from bounty campaign.Most of them suggests to hold the tokens a month or two before selling it for a better profit.
not all members of the bounty do so. I assure you. so do basically those who only started participating in bounty programs and began to receive the first profit
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
May 03, 2018, 05:02:17 PM
I think hunters drop tokens because most of them don't trade. They only know how to make them and where to get money.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
May 03, 2018, 05:02:12 PM
According to my way of thinking, maybe because it again requires funds, so throw the tokens after distribution occurs. This is not good because it is too hasty in making decisions. and they only get a fraction of all the coins. I think it makes more sense if the dump is because management sells their tokens from the bounty hunters.

Activity: 100
Merit: 12
May 03, 2018, 04:58:18 PM
This is a good habit only if you don't really care about the crypto world and look at this as a long-term investment.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
May 03, 2018, 04:56:30 PM
This is a call to all bounty hunters to refrain from the dumping habits they are known for. Can bounty hunters cultivate good holding habit and stop dumping their tokens immediately after distribution?
Apparently, many bounty hunters need money and therefore they try to sell them immediately after receiving tokens. In addition, in order to keep received tokens, you need to know the ICO project well and be confident about its prospects, and then monitor the progress of the project and the growth of the value of the token. In many, this simply does not have enough time.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
May 03, 2018, 04:53:33 PM
Bounties are a good way to make everyone exchange the coins it can really give you exchange a boost as because more and more people are going to get affected by this and this can even make your exchange popular. Holding is always a risky decesion to make as it involves luck and future.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152
May 03, 2018, 04:51:57 PM
Simple. Some of them need the money badly, some dont believe that their tokens could grow in value which is understandable. Nowadays not all ICO tokens that are listed in exchanges do really get good value, some token’s price are even lower than  ICO price so what should they expect?
Activity: 462
MYCRYPTOBANK.IO
May 03, 2018, 04:47:48 PM

Indeed most bounty hunters more often dump their tokens when they get their tokens from the distribution, and it's hard for them to start holding habbit.
For me the reason they dump the token is they assume that the token is a payment from their work during their campaign, so then through selling their token they will turn it into cash.
Activity: 232
May 03, 2018, 04:46:35 PM
I'm not saying holding mindlessly is a great habit but panic selling is the worst. Not only you are giving your potential profit but also hampering others from staying profitable. They cause more volatility in the market diminishing the public sentiment and cause other people loss. The more stable crypto market is the more public it attracts. So less panic selling will actually lead to more profits, strengthen your holding habits.
Activity: 1080
Merit: 500
May 03, 2018, 04:36:45 PM
This is mainly because there is no confidence in the quality of projects. Only in rare cases I am sure of the project for one hundred percent, in all other cases, I act as I consider it necessary. Moreover, for example, I never sell at once all the tokens received, a maximum of half. Yes, in principle this does not affect the project. 1-2 percent of the total amount of the project will not be able to harm the project, so I think that you should not take it as a bad thing, rather it is insurance for your reward.
Activity: 210
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
May 03, 2018, 04:32:32 PM
I do personally going to dump those shit tokens right after these tokens were listed,because im sure these tokens wont have any good value which is why i am taking my profits as soon as possible but those projects which has good potentials to grow would be hold,as they are for long term hold these are the two scenarions or reasons why the hunters are dumping tokens.
Activity: 252
Merit: 3
May 03, 2018, 04:24:45 PM
Some people come from countries where 20 bucks is big money so they dump at the first opportunity. Also, there are many teenagers who need some pocket money so they dump too. Very few people are actually holding until a coin reaches reasonable highs.
Activity: 321
Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark
May 03, 2018, 04:24:13 PM
holding is a bad habit. If you see the profit you sell without any emotion

Bounty hunters may sell because they think it is best time to take profit. If the coin is good it will still increase afterwards. Do not blame bounty hunters for your loss in your investment. There are other investors sell apart from bounty hunters
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
May 03, 2018, 04:14:18 PM

That is simply have the reason on securing out profits too without minding too much if the coins would potentially rise up even more or not as long they do already made money then it doesnt really matter at all.Even myself do have such habit on where i dont usually hold up for too long on all coins that i gained from bounty.There might be some considerations for some tokens but depending on how good it is.
Activity: 182
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
May 03, 2018, 04:12:22 PM
Hunters arent stupid to dump those coins ,they must have some good reason.For me holding shit tokens wont make any difference which is why i am going to dump those tokens which i found wont have any good potential to grow because you might lose a good opportunity to sell at the peak but if the these tokens were good for long terms i wont be dumping it too early.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
May 03, 2018, 04:00:05 PM
Depends on what they sell them for. If they sell them at a low price to withdraw this money, then it is unwise, and if they sell them in order to buy another asset in which they believe more prospective then I think it is correct.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 260
☆Gaget-Pack☆
May 03, 2018, 03:59:53 PM
Holding is the same as waiting, something that many have trouble doing, including myself. When it comes to crypto coins, I'm not quite sure of how the regulations will play out until further clarity is provided for investors. For now I will try to hold until things seem clearer.
Activity: 204
May 03, 2018, 03:59:14 PM
Not really  a habit,it is a strategy i presume these bounty hunters has some reason why they are doing it its either the tokens are worthless that is why they are dumping it or the tokens,or theres something wrong with the developers.I personally loves to hold those tokens which ive got from bounties if those tokens are for long term,but if not definitely i am going to dump it as soon as possible because theres no point of holding.
Pages:
Jump to: