Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding habit - page 6. (Read 645 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 0
May 03, 2018, 10:50:43 AM
This is a call to all bounty hunters to refrain from the dumping habits they are known for. Can bounty hunters cultivate good holding habit and stop dumping their tokens immediately after distribution?
Why do bounty hunters dump tokens?

Yes, I agree with you that there are bounty hunters who spend their rewards right away. This depends on the degree of confidence in the project and the desire to quickly make a profit.
But not all bounty hunters spend their rewards. Bounty hunter-people, by definition versed in cryptography. All bounty hunter-crypto enthusiasts, people who are interested in the theme of the crypt. And many of them during the PR of a bounty company so imbued with the idea of the project that they themselves become investors.
Also bounty hunters invest in projects for speculative reasons-this is also very common.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
May 03, 2018, 10:48:51 AM
This is a call to all bounty hunters to refrain from the dumping habits they are known for. Can bounty hunters cultivate good holding habit and stop dumping their tokens immediately after distribution?

Off course to get the profits. Mostly ICO's will keep the ICO prices at the start of exchanger listing but as soon as they get list most of the people will try to sell at that rate to receive huge profits. There becomes the psychology also where bounty tokens are anyway free tokens and thus in the long run any price that they get at the start is 100% profit. Also, many times it could happen that in the future they might turn to scam and thus to save things from such events its better they dump it immediately.
Those are the pretty strong reason why they dump immediately. Once they dump the prices go down anyway and could take ages to come back!
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
May 03, 2018, 10:46:16 AM
Most investors or bounty members are psychologically selling the full amount of Token as soon as they are distributed or after the Token is indexed on exchange floors. Holding the token at that time is not feasible because if done so, it will lose a lot because very few ICO can pump steady unless there is tremendous support for that project. So bounty members usually sell Tokens in that circumstance, which is entirely reasonable.
Activity: 420
May 03, 2018, 10:45:27 AM
I think that the tokens that bounty hunters receive do not have a big impact on the market, because most often it's only 2% for a large number of participants
Activity: 1
May 03, 2018, 10:41:25 AM
Generally the people who are participating in bounty programs or in crypto in general are not professional investors. And this is sad((
So they are driven by animal instincts - greed and fear. Hence this problem appears. ))

We need a couple of years for crypto industry to evolve in general, and then we have a chance to see more professionals here.

p.s. not that dumping is bad... but prior analysis would not hurt. Some coins just have to be dumped and some deserve the risk of hodling..
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 03, 2018, 10:36:08 AM

You can't control the masses. That is what communism has been trying to do and failing so hard on for the past few hundred years. A majority of bounty hunters will always sell their tokens immediately simply because it's too much of a risk not too. Bounties are there because they are unknown companies that may or may not succeed. Why risk your gold turning into stone when you have to eat and provide for your loved ones.
Activity: 434
May 03, 2018, 10:34:43 AM
I've lost a lot of value because I can't sell the tokens in time.70% of the tokens I get in the bounty campaign. Once you can't sell them in time, it may take a few months and they are worthless. Egas and fomo are good examples.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
May 03, 2018, 10:33:25 AM
I, on the contrary, regret that I did not sell my coins immediately after entering the exchange, because all these coins immediately lost in value and now they do not even try to grow...
Activity: 245
The Future Of Work
May 03, 2018, 10:31:10 AM

I agree with you but I think they have another good idea for that tokens therefore they want to sell quickly the tokens after the distribution. Example the market value is high and they reserve that for another purpose, same like that. Holding tokens for a long term is a good decision but we need to understand their situation why they need to do that.
Activity: 560
May 03, 2018, 10:29:19 AM

There are different reasons for this. Some needs money, some does not believe in crypto currency. After some time, most will understand that it is necessary to be a holder when they see how much they lost from dumping.
Activity: 910
Merit: 101
May 03, 2018, 10:26:53 AM
My personal experience when I get my gift immediately sells it because of our need for real money,
and if one's finances have stabilized then the likelihood of every prize hunter will save it and will
sell it at least for ICO. and all to each other, because one's finances are not all above average,
and that's probably the decision of the bounty hunters to always sell them when they get their prizes.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
May 03, 2018, 10:22:23 AM
If they just realize what they are missing then they will begin to hold, I can agree with what you are saying as I also starting to collect bounty rewards,
waiting for the progress of such project and allowing the tokens to grow in a natural ways, I'm sure the actual profits will be much bigger than dumping it
right away after receiving your shares, experience will allow those bounty hunters to hold and wait for their assets to grow bigger.
Activity: 84
May 03, 2018, 10:19:52 AM

Because usualy people who are doing bounty are not familiar with trading and market mechanisms.
Their aim is to earn something, that is it.

I agree with your opinion that many bounty hunters are unfamiliar with the trading and market mechanisms. Because of this token that has been produced with difficulty will be sold directly to the market by not predicting when the price will rise and when it will go down like a stock seller in the stock market
Activity: 486
Merit: 3
May 03, 2018, 09:56:12 AM
Well, some bounty hunters should not be blamed for this. I have noticed that some are into bounty with the notion of getting just wages. Immediate they are paid their rewards in form of tokens, they quick sell if off, hoping to be paid another. I believe that whoever does not hold or investment, will quickly sell whatever he has to satisfy his immediate needs. Although, if they can be patient to hold, i a sure the result they will get afterwards, will encourage them to keep holding
Activity: 532
May 03, 2018, 09:39:49 AM
they sell it because they need money and mostly tokens price are low after it hit exchange and its price decrease everyday. each bounty hunters have their own situation. some do it for a living and some to earn extra money. not all sell their tokens but most of them sell it.
Activity: 333
May 03, 2018, 09:34:41 AM

You cannot stop the bounty hunters to dump their bounty after they get,Its their choice and not yours,Thats why they called bounty hunters,To earn as much they can and they didn't care for the project as as they earn from it.Why they should hold their coins for the first place? They are not obliged on that.

I know some of the project are legit but some of them are not,Thats why it waste of time to hold their coins.
Activity: 126
May 03, 2018, 09:32:23 AM
Not everybody does. Now this happens because most ICO projects are full of slag, the value of whose tokens is lower than 3 times the declared value. And so hunters merge all that there is, that would then at all not to remain without money.
Activity: 146
Merit: 3
May 03, 2018, 09:28:49 AM
well, some people get panic if price start to decrease hence they sale and miss out the future benefit. however sometimes it is also wise to sell your coin early if you figure the company would not able to keep up with whitepaper promises.
Activity: 808
Merit: 502
May 03, 2018, 09:27:37 AM
Actually they have no choice but to sell immediately the tokens/coins they've got from bounty campaigns. I will give you a scenario (This is just what I've learned from my fellas in our local telegram chat):

There was a bounty hunter and he needs money, He joins in different bounties and participate to every program in it such as Social Media, Signature, Telegram, etc.
After a while this bounty hunter earned his stakes and rewarded by token.

Now he wants to sell it immediately because he knows that some of the bounty hunters will sell that token immediately too and If he holds it for a long time
there's no assurance that the value of tokens that he have will increase and that's why he chooses to dump it.

The Bounty Hunters will not going to take risk by holding a token that will soon will decrease its value.

This is what according to my own perception and understanding about the conversation in gc. I think it's really true because I for one will not going to take risk a sure profit.

Agree and I'm even recognizing some people in what you are saying.  Tongue

It is true a lot of time. But imho, an experienced bounty hunter will not go through that process.

If you've done it several times. Then you already saw the waste you made with some of the token going moon 2-3 month after you dumped.

And yeah i agree with what have been said later.

Most of the time bounties earnings only represent a small fraction of the whole token sale.

Bounty hunter sure do participate in dump. But you can't blame them for the whole thing Wink.
Activity: 448
Merit: 2
May 03, 2018, 09:24:59 AM
For some it is a tactic, and someone sells tokens / coins, because they do not believe in their prospects and wants to get involved in the campaign at least some money. Every month hundreds of tokens/coins are issued, but only a few have perspective. Now it is very difficult to guess it until the campaign is over.
Pages:
Jump to: