Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding habit - page 4. (Read 645 times)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
May 03, 2018, 03:52:38 PM
This is a call to all bounty hunters to refrain from the dumping habits they are known for. Can bounty hunters cultivate good holding habit and stop dumping their tokens immediately after distribution?
Why do bounty hunters dump tokens?
Obviously to avoid losses, that is the most logical reason why would they do that, if for example an ICO seems to have a good idea a good project and a good team behind, but it does not seem to be so popular the first thing people would is sell their tokens as soon as it goes on exchanges, in order to cut their losses, and i see how this can be a real concern since it can actually kill a lot of good projects, so holding would actual help it and make their investments worthwhile.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation
May 03, 2018, 03:44:27 PM
This is a call to all bounty hunters to refrain from the dumping habits they are known for. Can bounty hunters cultivate good holding habit and stop dumping their tokens immediately after distribution?
I am a bounty hunter as well as long term holder and i dont see anything worng with dumping these coins as most of the bounty tokens are worthless,few only of these are going to have some good potentials which is why most of the hunters are dumping the tokens as early as it gets listed into a certain exchange.
Activity: 476
Merit: 124
May 03, 2018, 03:33:13 PM
Those bounty hunters who are selling immediately after receiving their bounty is just making sure of their profit and to pay off the hard work they have done. They also have expenses to pay as well as the others who mine the coins. These moves are expected to happen. Join their community to have an idea about their behaviors.
Activity: 275
Merit: 101
May 03, 2018, 02:59:48 PM
What are you talking about? How can 1-5% of the total number of tokens strongly affect the price? Moreover, half of the people who take part in the bounty will not sell their tokens immediately. If the project loses much in price, reasons must be sought in two things. The first is a bad project. The second is that one-day investors buy and immediately sell and run to buy other tokens.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
May 03, 2018, 02:58:38 PM

You can't just tell anyone to hold their coins. It's their prerogative on what they want to do with it. Maybe bounty hunters really needed to sell because of some emergencies and he/she needed money.

And that's what most bounty hunters do, dump their coins because there are a lot of bounty tokens who lost its value once it get listed and everyone wants to take the profit. If you really wanted to hold it for long term then do it. But you have to remember that (1), the price can go down and you will not get the profit you deserved after working hard on the bounty, (2) do you have the mental toughness to hold the coins for long term?
Activity: 1204
Merit: 104
May 03, 2018, 02:56:26 PM
Its morelikely a strategy not a habit,hunters know what they are doing dumping is normal ,if you are a hunter you would know which of your tokens are going to be good for long term hold,and which of those tokens are going to be shit tokens that wont have any good potentials which is why these hunters are probably dumping those shit tokens.
The fact is that Hunters for generosity do not initially choose bad projects for participation. Such cases are very small percentage. But nevertheless, many already learned to store coins for early prospects.
Activity: 490
Life is full of struggle
May 03, 2018, 02:47:28 PM
cause they have no idea about the project and they have not enough idea about trading market, thats why they sold without knowing.
Activity: 210
May 03, 2018, 02:42:01 PM
Its morelikely a strategy not a habit,hunters know what they are doing dumping is normal ,if you are a hunter you would know which of your tokens are going to be good for long term hold,and which of those tokens are going to be shit tokens that wont have any good potentials which is why these hunters are probably dumping those shit tokens.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
May 03, 2018, 02:33:01 PM
I, on the contrary, regret that I did not sell my coins immediately after entering the exchange, because all these coins immediately lost in value and now they do not even try to grow...

Well, it is because we also tend to think that the price of the coin will continue to increase. We are afraid of selling and letting go of our coins in fear of losing some profit but once it loses its value, our regret turns into a worse one. There is nothing wrong with holding your coins. As the market is increasing in its value, let us just hope that your coin will regain its ATH price, too.
Activity: 182
May 03, 2018, 01:59:09 PM
Because huntersa re normally going to dump those tokens which they think wont have good future,potential growth of project should be considered before dumping the toke,personally i am not going to hold those tokens which wont have any good value in the future,but if the project has a lot of potentials to grow i am going to keep those.
Activity: 3108
Merit: 972
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
May 03, 2018, 01:49:39 PM
That's why they're called bounty hunters. They keep on joining bounties for their own opportunities. Some bounty hunters don't even know what bounties are they're joining at then in the end they would just whine out that the project didn't pay properly. Holding for bounty hunters is quite uncommon but not really rare as some are a hard traders that stacks their tokens even more after the project paid out instead of instantly drying the market down instantly.
This is true. Majority of the bounty hunters participate in bounties in order to earn coins and tokens for quick profits in the short term rather than HODLING them for the long term which is completely understandable. Personally, I am a HODLER myself and I tend to HODL all my coins and tokens for big profits in the long run since I don't focus on short term trades unless absolutely necessary. I have maintained this strategy successfully for a long period of time and have already gained a lot from it. I don't see the need to hate on bounty hunters who sell their tokens and coins quickly since they are free to do what they want with their rewards.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
May 03, 2018, 01:44:09 PM
I am all up for the this cause but you have to realize that some of the bounty hunters (especially the ones located in underdeveloped regions) depends on this type of income, which means they can put food on their table at the end of the day.
copper member
Activity: 617
Merit: 3
The wonders of the blockchain technology
May 03, 2018, 01:41:37 PM
Some hunters need the fund but somehow its a bad habit too. I think its time to let the dumping habit go
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
May 03, 2018, 01:35:47 PM
Holding habit is good choice than dumping but you need to be patient for the token to have a good price before dumping them make sure also that you wont be greedy to the price and make sure you dump also at the right time. People who holds longer has the bigger rewards keep that in mind.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
May 03, 2018, 01:31:58 PM
But theres no wrong from dumping the tokens they are holding,because not all tokens caming from the newly open projects has a potential,and specially this days that more of them are just pump and dump,if you dont sell your token after receiving the chance of being trap is there cause that coins might be dead after released from the exchanges
Activity: 1400
Merit: 571
May 03, 2018, 01:27:39 PM

Most of the people who dumps their tokens is either they wanted to make a whale so they could even buy more in a cheap price, because if you are going to dump a certain token with a very huge quantity of it, then the price of it would become cheap, and the person who did that would buy more of that certain token in a more cheap price, and that is what you called "profits", or maybe the other reason behind that is that person really need the money so he is dumping his tokens, he don't care if he is not going to make any profits at all.

Actually, we have the choice to make on what we wanted to do in our tokens, though holding is the best thing to make more profits in the long run.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
May 03, 2018, 12:59:18 PM
Because they have an idea that once the token is listed in any exchange site, price will soar. Those who dumps just want to be ahead when token or coin listed they already sold a bag of BTC. I have seen BTC and Alts price enjoying the view from up there. Usually after the token is listed, holders will start selling.
Activity: 185
Merit: 3
May 03, 2018, 12:59:06 PM
That's why they're called bounty hunters. They keep on joining bounties for their own opportunities. Some bounty hunters don't even know what bounties are they're joining at then in the end they would just whine out that the project didn't pay properly. Holding for bounty hunters is quite uncommon but not really rare as some are a hard traders that stacks their tokens even more after the project paid out instead of instantly drying the market down instantly.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
May 03, 2018, 12:57:09 PM
probably because it again requires funds, so throw the tokens after the distribution occurs. actually this is not good because it is too hasty in making decisions. and I agree with your opinion to refrain from dumping habits. because it will only hurt yourself.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
May 03, 2018, 12:53:13 PM
You can tell this to bounty hunters but there is no assurance that you can stop them from that bad habit of after getting the bounty they will just dump it.

It's obvious that you are also a bounty hunter so you'll do the same thing.

To get profit.
Pages:
Jump to: