Pages:
Author

Topic: How bad are ICOs this year? - page 23. (Read 3198 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 2
March 25, 2018, 12:02:06 AM
For me, I am lucky joining in a successful ICO bounty campaign because they are well organized they prioritize all investors and bounty hunters. So I don't have a bad experience in ICO this year.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
March 24, 2018, 11:53:09 PM
Judging by the fact that 46% of ICO turned out to be scammers in 2017, I think this year it will not be better. As long as there is no legal regulator that could punish scammers, everything will continue. We, as investors, need to study a lot of information about each project to find really good projects.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 24, 2018, 11:38:06 PM
News headline says "76% of This Year’s ICOs Are Already Under Water"  and most of these are ICOs launched at the first quarter of this year.
If you’re going to invest in an ICO, then, the message is clear: be selective, choose blockchain projects over anything else and make sure you get into the pre-sale. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time and your ethereum.

Watch out folks!  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/76-of-this-years-icos-are-already-under-water/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications
For me it is not that good projects seems to be nice at first and then when they hit it's target they ran away. Some looks legit but the problem is we are late or maybe we have invested a lot but the market is down as we expected it will move up but unfortunately we got surprised for the opposite result. It is also getting strict since we need KYC's as of this year but good for us and one more thing more legit ICO's will be launching due to regulation so I think scammy one is now in downtrend.
Activity: 688
Merit: 500
March 24, 2018, 11:36:25 PM
The main issue with ICO's is that they are non-regulated and if it came out scam later there is no way you can get your money back. It's advisable to do a proper research before investing into any ICO, main thing to watch out is the team of founders, that is the best way to start your research on any ICO.
Activity: 616
Merit: 30
March 24, 2018, 11:34:24 PM
News headline says "76% of This Year’s ICOs Are Already Under Water"  and most of these are ICOs launched at the first quarter of this year.
If you’re going to invest in an ICO, then, the message is clear: be selective, choose blockchain projects over anything else and make sure you get into the pre-sale. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time and your ethereum.

Watch out folks!  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/76-of-this-years-icos-are-already-under-water/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications
yeah right,i was a victim my self early this year though the ico starts late last year..thats why i a, favor of whats happening about the altcoins prices,and those who's continually losing its value.because this situation may eliminates those shitcoin and might give warning to the icos to stop making shitcoins
uwr
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
March 24, 2018, 11:28:14 PM
Go for UNIFY World Revolution ICO
http://unifyworldrevolution.com/

Will give 1000x when goes public, sale started this week
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
March 24, 2018, 11:26:26 PM
it doesn't really matter at all, as long as you know what you are doing, and done a lot of research on a specific ico. We should really learn how to invest first before tackling any kind of market.

I didn't do what you said that I did not do the necessary research before investing in the ico, so I lost a lot of money now.
I am very regretful now and have become cautious. I think I will not be so reluctant to invest in ico in the future.
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
FXPay.io
March 24, 2018, 11:23:45 PM

Watch out folks!  Grin

It turns out that only a few% are really accepted by the public and few give birth to a brilliant idea, I have an altcoin from ICO and it really has no value so I sell it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 260
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 24, 2018, 11:23:04 PM
It doesn't matter which year it is or what factors are changing in outside world, whenever we have to choose an ICO we have to do it very carefully. Many times ICO projects show us those things which are not meant to be there or they show up project details in such a way that they are too good to be true !!

I always invest in ICO on the basis of technical and theoretical analysis and mostly pick only 3-4 of them every 3-6 months, what I mean by that is I invest rarely on them. Apart from this I will choose ICO in the later stages of their development Viz, when they are listed on the exchnagers and are tradable.
Activity: 616
Merit: 13
March 24, 2018, 11:19:08 PM
it doesn't really matter at all, as long as you know what you are doing, and done a lot of research on a specific ico. We should really learn how to invest first before tackling any kind of market.
Activity: 59
March 24, 2018, 11:17:56 PM
I meet 3 of ico's, and 3 of them make me loss lot of money.
Price down, can't withdraw, oh shit i really sad about that (use a lending program)

Now, I'm fully stopping for the lending program Angry
Activity: 482
Merit: 117
March 24, 2018, 11:08:50 PM

Watch out folks!  Grin

this is all was happened due to sudden decrease of bitcoin in 2017 and again in 2018 march so the ico's was failed. some ico's are running successfully but not much. compare to 2017 this year too many ico's are get failed.
Activity: 182
Merit: 13
March 24, 2018, 11:05:46 PM
I would agree with that.
Although they are not branded as scams there have been a lot of ICO starting companies that aint worth the service they offer.
Maybe that is why they are low on investors. They might be reaching their soft caps but if you look at it after their ICO, they have been missing in actions and that is not a good thing.
There should always be updates into what is happening on the inside. Investors will be in panic if they wont see any guarantee.
Activity: 237
Presale is live!
March 24, 2018, 11:04:17 PM
I think it’s better to stop investing ico’s based on hype recent  telegram ton pre Ico collected 950 million + . So it’s not wise to invest on much hyped ptoject . Eithout need just investing on some ico’s really, I think daico will be dution got this all.
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
March 24, 2018, 10:54:32 PM
You know why the prices of ICOs this year is low? It is because most of the money of the investors is invested to all ICOs released this year. There are plenty ICOs that is mostly scam and the investment were taken away and we can consider it a loss in crypto world. The money that can used to buy some good coins is being scammed by these greed companies. Better to choose a good ICO that will have its own use and can stand on its own even without bitcoin. Look at BNB, value is still rising even though bitcoin price is declining.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
March 24, 2018, 10:43:50 PM
Judging by the current situation on the market, it seems to me now better to buy a coin after the ICO. When the coin goes to the exchange, many speculators start selling it and its price becomes much lower than the cost during the ICO. It is possible to buy a coin much cheaper.
It depends from coin to coin but the most important thing to see is the hype, if there is not much of a hype for a coin and no one is talking about it in social media or in this forum then it is safe to assume that coin will go down after it enters the market so it is a good idea to wait until then to buy it but if you see the opposite and you see a lot of enthusiasm for the coin then buy it before the coin hits the market.
Activity: 294
March 21, 2018, 10:07:57 PM

Watch out folks!  Grin

Actually to tell the truth in my real experience and joining campaign project now, is so bad because,there so many conviencing ICO project now,and said that there coins is profitable,and can make you fly to the moon,but in the end,you will regret it,because your investment turn to loosing,but anyway we should not  blame all to the project campaign,because the big contribution also of this loosing,is the price value of the cryptomarket,due to many ban happening now in the crypto world.
Activity: 85
March 21, 2018, 09:49:52 PM

Watch out folks!  Grin

That figure really is a bad looking one. This goes to show that many of the ICO projects as of present don't have good plans in the future and don't have real world application of their agenda. Or maybe they have, it's not just that successful. Even project that have quite good whitepaper with carefully laid out plans ahve failed.
Investors should really be vigilat nowadays. Thanks a lot for this buddy.
Activity: 83
Merit: 1
Equitybase
March 21, 2018, 09:44:28 PM

Watch out folks!  Grin

Thanks a lot for giving us the heads up, although news have been around for long that most ICOs are scam but we don't really have the number as to what percentage are nearly drowned. So now we know that at most, there are around 76% of the time.
That explains why most of my investments did not return the expected gains, even though I've read and studied their whitepaper.

No problem buddy, we always need all the help we can get.
And we are together in this community and we should help each other out, thereby, creating a growing and healthy environment.
We really should be vigilant in investing, may it be money, time or patience.
Activity: 531
Merit: 102
March 20, 2018, 12:24:03 AM

Watch out folks!  Grin

Yeah it is so alarming that many ICOs failed so, many investors lost their investment.  This is the reason why investors must be cautious upon choosing an ICO.  Read the whitepaper analytically, Check the roadmap and make an extra mile to know the developers better.  But we also keep on mind that not all ICOs with great platform and whitepaper succeeded no matter how intelligent and pro their developers.  It still merely depend on how people patronized the project concept.
Pages:
Jump to: