Pages:
Author

Topic: How bad are ICOs this year? - page 24. (Read 3198 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 19
March 20, 2018, 12:19:40 AM
I can name an ICO who successfully failed:  DaxBase. Perhaps they will fix the situation and try again to sell the tokens, and maybe even disappear with the collected money, It's better to consider projects with a new blockchain or unique projects with brilliant ideas)))
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
March 20, 2018, 12:07:17 AM
Yes ico’s are no more free money most of the Ico getting failed after listing to exchanges . Think of coins are listed in hitbtc or coinexchange then the coin will reach death soon . Now most of the investment going towards gaming and gambling industry.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
March 20, 2018, 12:04:27 AM
News headline says "76% of This Year’s ICOs Are Already Under Water"  and most of these are ICOs launched at the first quarter of this year.
If you’re going to invest in an ICO, then, the message is clear: be selective, choose blockchain projects over anything else and make sure you get into the pre-sale. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time and your ethereum.

Watch out folks!  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/76-of-this-years-icos-are-already-under-water/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications
i love ICOs with blockchain projects but i like the Icos with real lif product even more because they stick for a decent time and your investment will have a real world use case which will interest buyers after the Ico ends
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
March 19, 2018, 11:29:17 PM
This company that I now lead I like and when I have an income, I what percentage are going to invest in ICO
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
March 19, 2018, 11:20:20 PM
That's true. There are small amount of good projects with real product on Blockchain
Activity: 224
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
March 19, 2018, 11:19:25 PM

Maybe one of these.
As my friend said, maybe IUNGO. according to him IUNGO became the worst ICO he ever attended. Because it gives too much bonus on its ICO sale.

LOL, IUNGO? really? Fortunate me I am not joined that ICO. At first sight, I knew it will become worst ICO.
They don't threat both bounty hunters and investors well.
Activity: 55
Merit: 1
KRIPTON
March 19, 2018, 11:15:02 PM
News headline says "76% of This Year’s ICOs Are Already Under Water"  and most of these are ICOs launched at the first quarter of this year.
If you’re going to invest in an ICO, then, the message is clear: be selective, choose blockchain projects over anything else and make sure you get into the pre-sale. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time and your ethereum.

Watch out folks!  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/76-of-this-years-icos-are-already-under-water/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications

Given that, I think it is safe to say that not all ICOs with very good management plans and dev team is not guarantee that the project will be successful.
Also many in this thread have noted the same with quite promising ICOs in whitepaper have turned out bad after project has concluded.
Thanks a lot for the advance information.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
March 19, 2018, 10:52:42 PM
Thanks for your information . only good promising ico will be survive otherwise fake and scam project never survive in present situation . before invest any ico we all need to check all ico parameter  .
Activity: 336
March 19, 2018, 10:44:37 PM
Only for yesterday, I learned that the 3 projects I watched are scams.  And one of these projects was with a very good idea.  So every time you need to pay more and more attention to the selection of projects and be more careful.
Activity: 192
Merit: 11
March 19, 2018, 10:39:45 PM
I think the government regulation has caused many people to be suspicious of ico!

There are also some ico projects that are fraudulent, resulting in good ico not being invested!
Activity: 252
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
March 19, 2018, 10:38:13 PM
I also feel very bad, because in the first quarter of 2018 of the ICO project all have no a good gains, instead most of the ICO project below the issue price, so there is not a good time for an investment of ICO.
Activity: 350
March 19, 2018, 10:36:29 PM
Judging by the current situation on the market, it seems to me now better to buy a coin after the ICO. When the coin goes to the exchange, many speculators start selling it and its price becomes much lower than the cost during the ICO. It is possible to buy a coin much cheaper.
Activity: 364
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
March 19, 2018, 10:31:29 PM
ICO are doing badly since this year, it is because of the market condition, it is only few ICO that has managed to stay above their ICO prices, other ones are below ICO prices and people are afraid to invest in ICOs now
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
March 19, 2018, 10:25:36 PM

Watch out folks!  Grin

That number is worrisome but it's not really surprising there is a significant amount of icos that are not going to be successful and never get enough money in order to try to make the project a reality but when we add that the market has been going down since the beginning of the year then this makes matters even more complex, I'm sure that the number of successful icos was way higher last year due to the pump in the market.
Activity: 1260
March 19, 2018, 09:58:42 PM

Watch out folks!  Grin

Wrong, what do you expect for ICO that just only finished crowdfunding ? A 5x coin price from ICO?
ICO is a long term investment. Every project in ICO have roadmap, they will develop their project.
Once their product used by many peoples, their coin price will be increased. That is your time to collect the profit.
Activity: 291
March 19, 2018, 09:01:22 PM
this is the best time to buy more or invest in icos. Its the best way to get coins at cheap prices, there can also be bonuses when you invest in ICO. Its the best bang for the buck way to purchase a coin before it went into the market. I would say invest in Gilgamesh, is the next big thing. Great team and developers.
Activity: 308
March 19, 2018, 09:00:59 PM
In the second quarter and third quarter of 2017 there are a lot of developers or startup companies are aggressively doing ICO to raise funds from the public for the successful development of their projects. Funds that can be collected are also not half-hearted, can reach millions of US Dollars in one ICO. But what is the result, after ICO is finished there are some ico that his tokens at all no price.
Activity: 85
March 19, 2018, 09:00:09 PM

Watch out folks!  Grin

Thanks a lot for giving us the heads up, although news have been around for long that most ICOs are scam but we don't really have the number as to what percentage are nearly drowned. So now we know that at most, there are around 76% of the time.
That explains why most of my investments did not return the expected gains, even though I've read and studied their whitepaper.
Activity: 294
Merit: 2
March 19, 2018, 08:53:00 PM

Maybe one of these.
As my friend said, maybe IUNGO. according to him IUNGO became the worst ICO he ever attended. Because it gives too much bonus on its ICO sale.
Maybe you are right.
Will see
Activity: 168
March 19, 2018, 08:52:36 PM
People got too comfortable during the last bull run, thinking the market was easy money. We must not forget to do solid research and pick teams with the best technology or ideas that can lead to the best technology. Simply throwing money into a cryptocurrency without research is gambling.
Pages:
Jump to: