Pages:
Author

Topic: How can I protect my self from being hack of bitcoin - page 4. (Read 4394 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 10
The safety of your wallet depends on how properly you encrypt it, most of the times its out duty and responsibility to protect ourselves from the hackers as it may be our fault when we get hacked, sometimes we get careless with our private keys, frequently logging into wallets making it easy for the hackers, you can use hardware wallets, which aren't as easy to hack into as they store coins offline, you can also keep your coins in cold storage, they are safest there
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
Dont trust to anyone. Only yorself. Dont put your account to any sites.

To protect our self from hack of bitcoin, we must to be carefull of our password and the  private key to put in a hàrd wallet or paper wallet and we put it in a safe place.We don't trust any people or let others to know about that so that it will not hack from others.
Activity: 100
You have to share your assets into the different exchanges and wallets. You can also buy card for to keep your bitcoins in it. There are options but keep them divided is the only way to protect your gains.
Activity: 168
We can search more info on other site and learn how to make an offline wallet.I think if we have money we can buy trezor or ledger so you can move your bitcoin into that wallet.Keep our private keys and don't tell anyone if you are not trusted them.If we want to protect yourself from hackers just use our personal mobile and computer for accessing your bitcoin account and our personal wallet and don't share the password of your wallet with any one.
Activity: 364
Protect your self from hackers is so important.check the website properly we all see theres so many fake websites right now.And make sure your the only one who knows your privacy and never tell anyone because they might try to access yours
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”
First, you should make sure that you are enrolling only in global and leading Bitcoin companies, and learn how to identify possible Bitcoin fraud. Second, take basic security steps: secure email accounts, secure social media accounts, use unique and powerful passwords for all online accounts, and most importantly enable two-factor authentication.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
CAT.EX Exchange
Just yesterday I come across one youtuber where he says
he just wake up and saw his 50 btc was vanish from his exodus wallet  and also before that another 20 btc was vanish
he says he dont even know how this happen.

pls how can I escape this.

I think using cold storage is the best way to secure our wallets. and I advise not to store too many coins in the wallet. because hackers always eyeing a wallet that the number of coins a lot. and we must always be careful every time we make a transaction.
Activity: 161
Merit: 4
Well, we do not know when the hackers attack on our wallet, and how they detect that our wallet has a bitcoin, i think this is also our fault because when we open our wallet, we need to aware on what we open or clicking a new site that pump when we are online in our wallet.
You can protect your account by choosing a safe and secure wallet with 2fa security. Also, don't trust anyone, don't give any information about your wallets such as passwords.
Activity: 378
For me it very simple to prevent from hacking your bitcoins. Never ever give you PK to anyone. THe safest way is Save your bitcoin in hard wallets.
For me you can really protect your self and your bitcoin to hack from the hackers by using a trusted wallet and i will recommend that coinbase is really a good wallet so the hackers can not able to hack your bitcoin.
Activity: 310
I think the most correct option is to store your coins on cold or hardware purses that are disconnected from the Internet!
Activity: 278
Merit: 1
The best way to protect hacker from their attack, is to stop saving your private key or your password online, example using an email or other online access, because them use to hit some one email to get access to your wallet.
Activity: 419
All you can do to store your bitcoins safely is to store it in a secure wallet, paper wallets are more secure as you can store the private keys in a printed form and store it safely and one must keep in mind not to share your private keys to anyone, don't hold bitcoins on online exchanges and online wallets as they are more prone to hacking and losing of bitcoins. hardware wallets are also safe as they are not directly connected to the internet, Trezor wallet, ledger nano S are much safer in holding your crypto currencies safely from hacking.
Merit: 3
he just wake up and saw his 50 btc was vanish from his exodus wallet  and also before that another 20 btc was vanish

To protect yourself, first, do not visit suspicious sites and links that are untrusted. There are some links being sent in your email that sometimes if you put your address, or you log in, you are being hacked already. Also, always check your browser if there are suspicious things in there.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Money Token
For me it very simple to prevent from hacking your bitcoins. Never ever give you PK to anyone. THe safest way is Save your bitcoin in hard wallets.
Activity: 73
Merit: 1
I think i can protect myself from being hack just to dont sen my private key just keep it secret and private from anyone
Activity: 168
We can protrect ourselves to hacker using a hardware wallet that wallet can help to hide our private key the better security that use Trezor or Ledger to protect our holding specially our bitcoins
legendary
Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

There's a one common attack that hackers used on cryptocurrency investors, it's called Phone-Porting attack, How Phone Porting works ? Well a hacker uses your mobile number and your name to take over your mobile account, they do this by talking to your mobile carrier while  impersonating you, either over the phone or in a store, and asking it to port your number to a new service or device. Once the attacker take over your phone number, they can go into your cryptocurrency exchange account by resettings the password,  ultimately stealing cryptocurrencies from the account. Here's how you can protect your self to it by the investors and experts itself.

1. Before you open up an account on Coinbase [or other exchanges], set up an unique email that you are going to use for that account.
2. Make sure to set a really hard and long password, and you are the only one to access it from a piece of paper that you control.
3. On Coinbase, turn off SMS-based two-factor authentication and account recovery for your email account. If you move to Google Authenticator but don't turn off SMS account recovery, a phone port attack can still lead to an email compromise.
4. On Coinbase, turn off SMS-based two-factor authentication and account recovery for your email account. If you move to Google Authenticator but don't turn off SMS account recovery, a phone port attack can still lead to an email compromise.
5. On Coinbase, setup the Coinbase Vault and two-factor authentication for any sends off-site.
6. Don't talk about cryptocurrency publicly, especially on social media.
7. Call your cellphone provider, put every level of security you possibly can, and add a passcode to it. The next level protection is to add a "do not port" SIM card to your account. That can last for a year.
8. Even though Coinbase says it takes security seriously and has system designs to protect customers, it's not a bank. Don't trust it as such.protect customers, it's not a bank. Don't trust it as such.

Note:
Don't keep all your cryptocurrency investments in one place. Diversify among exchanges. It's unlikely you are going to get hacked at the same time through all of them. Especially if you have different emails and passwords for each.
Activity: 85
You can protect your bitcoin wallet and bitcoin account by putting a strong password and changing if often, and do not try to go or log in on a unknown sites those might be a phising site, just be attentive with your account and always check you account from time to time
Activity: 231

To protect your self from being hack of bitcoin you should  need to be secure in your wallet key or don't give your private key to others to avoid hacking. and always remember before opening a site make sure that the site you entered is legit because their are phishing site out there want to hack your account.
Pages:
Jump to: