Pages:
Author

Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency? - page 23. (Read 52948 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
never, don't expect something impossible to happen, world financial experts have agreed that Cypto will never dominate paper money. compared to the fiat bitcoin currency still has a lot of shortcomings. I prefer to call bitcoin an investment not a payment currency.

That's certainly true, mate. One cannot deny that Bitcoin still have a lot of shortcomings. However, it's known that Bitcoin will improve over time as new technologies are discovered, and developers work continuously on stabilizing the protocol. Even so, it's up to the governments around the world to properly regulate the crypto market, to help bring the stability in price needed for Bitcoin to be used as a real currency.

Despite this, Bitcoin is just a mere asset/store of value than a currency because of the volatility and high costs. This won't attract much people into using it for their daily lives, as they would only hoard it instead of spending it at a merchant or business. Several efforts have already been made by the community, and mainstream companies to help attract people worldwide into using Bitcoin as an alternative currency to Fiat. But if the level of adoption is low, then newcomers won't be very interested into the pioneer cryptocurrency. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
well. it is hard for now. because bitcoin is not enough fast for daily usage. network size and transaction speeds are not proper for practicle usage. but there are better crypto currency solutions already in the market instead of bitcoin.
Activity: 462
Merit: 1
Somehow i have a divergent view on this, first of all bitcoin should be made available for use, either by doing more of Airdrops or through any other related means that will make the masses to have access to crypto and spend it, why because an adage has it 'that the text of every pudding is in the eaten' meaning that no matter how good a product may be unless and until people uses it they will not appreciate the value which will lead to voluntary mass adoption and usage of bitcoin.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 306
How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.
never, don't expect something impossible to happen, world financial experts have agreed that Cypto will never dominate paper money. compared to the fiat bitcoin currency still has a lot of shortcomings. I prefer to call bitcoin an investment not a payment currency.
Activity: 482
Merit: 10
https://www.empirehotels.io/
How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
it's still difficult bro, considering every country has a different currency.
but of course it is the goal of developing bitcoin and is expected to be realized in the future
Activity: 1071
Merit: 253
You don't have to convince them, it's their loss that they didn't use it as early as possible. However if they are interested, tell them to watch it in youtube or go here for them to really understand it how it works.
I know but we also should try to tell other about it because if more people will know about crypto currency it is our own benefit too, as more adoption will make price rise high and in future we will earn good profit. If we will put our effort for motivating and convening them to adopt crypto currency we will make big profit, just show them your profit and use simple words to make them understand it.
Activity: 225
Merit: 2
I think this is not the right now to make it as a currency or let us say stable currency. For me, there will be the time in the future that Bitcoin will be a primary cryptocurrency in the world. So let us just wait for that time since there are already establishment who accepts Bitcoin as payment but only few for now but definitely will increase in the futures
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is already a currency but it is not yet really used like the fiat currencies. The reason is that it is not yet supported everywhere as a payment method either online or offline. That is why people still considering Bitcoin mainly as an asset, they trade and hold it for making good profits.
maybe it is true what you say and maybe in your country it can be said that the crypto currency is able to fulfill the function of the real currency but in my country the government still prohibits transactions directly using crypto currency
Activity: 1316
Merit: 257
the effective methods so that people want to use BTC for their daily needs are given extensive regulations on crypto currencies in each country. it will provide flexibility for users and merchants to use as a payment method. if there is no regulation from the government. I think that will continue to inhibit and even kill BTC.
in fact it is difficult to use BTC just to buy tissue paper.
Activity: 419
Merit: 100
 To get people to use Bitcoin as a currency they should have a knowledge about internet and make people understand what is Bitcoin and the benefits of using Bitcoin they should be convinced about the merits and demerits of Bitcoin usage  we should convince them about the privacy of Bitcoin and no need of any approval of banks or government authorities and it could be used internationally without a third party influence .Make them aware  of the volatility of Bitcoin  in the market so the price will be fluctuating according to the market demand . Convince that majority of the industrially developed countries accepts Bitcoin because of its market demand and operational convenience .
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
Its not so easy BTC is something new and 10 years is not so much but it will not happen until price of BTC or other alts wouldt be stabilised ,so user must know btc he send know as 50k usd, for example, wouldn't be 100k after week but we need time for this adaptation will not happen in one year but we are very close to that day.
Activity: 994
Merit: 302
We need to let merchants know that we have bitcoins and we are willing to spend them. If we can't use face to face BTC payment, it would have to fall on online wallets and such. For example in my country our largest exchange allows us to pay any utility bill and even buy game credits and mobile load straight of the wallet.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 553
Filipino Translator 🇵🇭
You don't have to convince them, it's their loss that they didn't use it as early as possible. However if they are interested, tell them to watch it in youtube or go here for them to really understand it how it works.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
I'm asking you again?
What is your position in your country?
1. Are you president,
2. Are you chairman of the legislative council,
3. Or you are the chairman of the United Nations and the World Bank,
Many want to be like you want, but that can't happen in one country, Bitcoin is made into a real currency.
if you say Bitcoin is used as a medium of exchange to make money in certain countries it could be, for example, like Gold etc.
You know that bitcoin was issued in 2009, while the legitimate currency in each country has been legislated and approved by the government before you were born.
Activity: 700
Merit: 102
Bitcoin is already a currency but it is not yet really used like the fiat currencies. The reason is that it is not yet supported everywhere as a payment method either online or offline. That is why people still considering Bitcoin mainly as an asset, they trade and hold it for making good profits.
the possibility could happen that no one can know for sure the crypto currency is going to grow in the future it will be like to be able to be a currency in my country but it can't seem because the government is still banning direct transactions with crypto currencies
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
We have great news and think that is not bad move in direction of massive adoption. On Twitter you can tip someone for great content through lightning network, also on Samsung S10 will be blockchain wallet. These are short steps, but step by step we will have more people which use BTC.

Exactly. These recent trends will only bring more people into using Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies within their daily lives. To help spread adoption, there needs to be usability, user-friendliness, and stability. With mainstream companies such as Twitter and Samsung promoting crypto, people will join this emerging space sooner or later. Things aside, I believe that what's preventing Bitcoin from being used as a currency is the high transaction fees and slow performance.

With SegWit and Lightning Network, it's hoped that Bitcoin's capacity would increase tenfold for the whole world to enjoy. Which is why, we as crypto enthusiasts should do our best in promoting the benefits of Bitcoin to attract as much people as we can. As you've said earlier, step-by-step we will have more people that will use Bitcoin into their lives. Just my opinion Smiley
copper member
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Get rich quick phase has gone in 2017. From now on , digital currencies especially Bitcoin will be fairly valued and grow organically without much hype , this what we have been watching in the last couple of months. This stability and lack of volitality will push credited investors and institutions pour their money gradually in the coming years , that's will surely help a smooth transition from using fiat money to use digital money instead. As a result , I see a huge step to be made for a mass adoption of Bitcoin and altcoins all over the world in the next decade.
Activity: 938
A legality is the main thing to do to be able to provide rules that people must use. this is very important so everyone will continue to do so. whereas currently bitcoin is still a debate in every country
Activity: 489
In my own personal opinion, we can get people to use bitcoin as a currency is by encouraging and influencing people who has their own business because they could start accepting bitcoin from that. And there will be chances that more stores and business will start to accept bitcoin too.
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
Making bitcoin to be a legal tender for the purchase of goods and services , there is the need to improve on the various key  technologies of the blockchain, such as scalability, interoperability , security issues etc.
This is to ensure that the blockchain brings value to the everyday activities of the people.
There's also the need for government to accept bitcoin and support it.
Pages:
Jump to: