Pages:
Author

Topic: How can we protect ourselves from scam? - page 20. (Read 5499 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 250
October 24, 2018, 12:46:08 PM
Usually you just need commonsense to not get scammed because people use your greediness to money to take your money from you for instance the scammer told he will double what you give me and of course a person will say at the back of his mind that "Wow free money!" and they don't think about the other scenarios because they are focused on getting that money.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
October 24, 2018, 12:38:30 PM
The crypto world is so vast and they are interest from all continents of the world. Some investors / projects came with good intentions to make the world a better place while some to defraud investors and projects founder. Can we have a better way correct scam and lapses?
I find it difficult to see a fraud in the ICO project. Since the rise of ICO investment fraud I decided to temporarily not participate in ICO investments, because I think it is the best way to avoid fraud.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
October 24, 2018, 12:38:26 PM
If you are in this market, unfortunately, it is not possible to get rid of such formations. Because no matter how much you try to escape, you have to enter into it.
Activity: 616
October 24, 2018, 12:31:49 PM
I think this process will settle itself over time. Or they will invent a way in which it will be easy to regulate this process. Since really in the crypto-currency market there are a lot of fraudulent projects and they spoil everyone's life, thereby undermining the level of trust in all crypto-currencies. I myself look forward to when this moment will change and we all exhale with relief.
Activity: 840
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
October 24, 2018, 09:51:24 AM
A person who has already come across the tricks of scammers can easily distinguish them from this worthy project.
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 1
October 24, 2018, 06:52:22 AM
We can make a good investigation before investing in any project. Moreover, we can open up a thread on forum, where the most popular ICOs will be checked by the moderators. It would be a great idea to see if the ICO was checked by the BTT community.
Activity: 432
October 24, 2018, 06:50:58 AM
To protect ourselves from scam project, we have to hard research about project types and service to the customer. We could check top ranking site for verified project.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
October 12, 2018, 02:33:59 PM
You need to thoroughly study the projects in which you want to invest your money. To study the team, their experience, partnerships, the press about them. And of course, just study their white paper in detail.

In addition, they should be transparent with their project. All details can be verified and validated online. It is also good if they can be validated by some big and legit  companies as their partner.They should also have a viable project with real life applications where it can be utilized by the masses.
Activity: 560
October 12, 2018, 02:21:51 PM
Only you can protect yourself from scam. You just need to be really careful with what bounties you doing and what ICOs you investing.
Activity: 420
October 12, 2018, 02:19:43 PM
I think there are no ways that can guarantee you full safety from frauds. But definitely one of the most effective ways is to constantly learn and always think carefully and research deeply.
Activity: 196
Merit: 12
October 12, 2018, 02:18:11 PM
We can`t do it for 100%, but to minimize the risks we need to make own research work and analyze projects in which we want to invest. Choose projects wisely.
Activity: 714
October 12, 2018, 01:19:23 PM
At the moment, a lot of fraudulent projects and to identify fraudulent ico or not 100% impossible . But if you take the time to study the project, you can minimize the risk . Personally, I take information about the projects on the rating sites , pay attention to the project team whether the project is a real product and how well-composed a white paper.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
October 12, 2018, 01:09:37 PM
There are so many things you to follow before you invest in an ico project. And if you are more competent on the project then you can invest. First we need to have look at their website and see whether it is a proper one but some scam projects also have a good looking websites. Then you can get an idea about the development and advisory teams. Check whether these people had engaged in developing previous good icos. Then read their whitepaper which shows you about their aims and roadmap of the project.
Activity: 644
October 12, 2018, 01:07:31 PM
You need to thoroughly study the projects in which you want to invest your money. To study the team, their experience, partnerships, the press about them. And of course, just study their white paper in detail.
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
October 12, 2018, 01:01:33 PM
I have a personal way to avoid being fooled when I want to spend money in investing. the way I use is accuracy before investing in the funds I have by reading or looking for references from some people I know. therefore I personally recommend that you multiply your friends so that the information obtained is more updated and the possibility of being trapped in fraud will be even less
Activity: 490
October 12, 2018, 12:54:30 PM
There are so many examples of how to properly use it all the same, but I think that the worst thing is that today there are still no services that could check or do some kind of analysis that could give investors a chance for a guarantee.
Activity: 756
October 12, 2018, 12:25:05 PM
scammer is very difficult to detect, because most ico scam projects will look the same as the original ones such as having whitepaper, roadmap, team profile, softcap and hardcap allocation planning, but what is very easy to detect is communication from the team, if they are not very active then suspicious
Activity: 896
Merit: 103
October 12, 2018, 10:36:08 AM
that is depend what scam do you mean, in wide meaning - use cold wallets, dont go to unknown and not checked links
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
October 12, 2018, 09:54:48 AM
The crypto world is so vast and they are interest from all continents of the world. Some investors / projects came with good intentions to make the world a better place while some to defraud investors and projects founder. Can we have a better way correct scam and lapses?
The more we fall for scam, the more scammers are triggered to do their wicked acts.
We need to get to a stage, most especially those of us that have been in the crypto space for quite some time now, where we would be able to easily identify scam projects.
Do not always rush to invest into projects or coins, take your time to study it first. When you are sure of the authenticity of the project, you can then make the moves to invest.
No one can protect you from scam, you should protect yourself.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
October 12, 2018, 09:11:01 AM

The crypto market is still very young. And it still has a lot of fraud. At the moment, we are already seeing good projects that are likely to develop. Invest in new coins desire is gone. But everyone must make their own decisions.
Pages:
Jump to: