Pages:
Author

Topic: How can we protect ourselves from scam? - page 16. (Read 5499 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 10
November 17, 2018, 11:40:26 PM
Phishing in the cryptographic market is increasingly common. Only you can protect yourself from scams. The best thing is that you must have good knowledge and experience in cryptography. You need to constantly monitor and study the money, study the market, you know the reference around ... And always have to calm down, put the wisdom up before deciding on a problem related to crypto.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
November 17, 2018, 10:39:19 PM
In my opinion, how to protect yourself from the scams is that you need to learn the knowledge, accumulate experience to have knowledge of Crypto, you need to monitor and analyze the market, analyze the project a Carefully, you need to consult the surrounding reaction before making the decision...
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
November 17, 2018, 10:11:34 PM
I learned from mistakes, when I participated in ICO and invested in new coins, I always saw members of the ddan Whitepaper team from the ico project, it was very difficult to avoid scams because they were getting smarter. We can do some questions and do research with friends. .
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
November 17, 2018, 10:03:52 PM
I Think we cant stop them but what we can do was to be more careful on our action and for every details that we are submitting. Because we dont know we are going to be scam and hopefully not because it may cause a big loss for us. Double careful only was the key to protect ourselves from it.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
November 17, 2018, 10:01:48 PM
be carefuly while enter the site, because at this time it is quite dangerous crypto phishing site. after that, read the whitepaper, road map and study the development team that worked on the project.
Activity: 630
November 17, 2018, 10:00:54 PM

Its really difficult to avoid scam ICO unless you do a very thorough research which is taking a lot of your time.  That's why you must only invest the amount that you are willing to lose so you will not regret later.  Or alternatively be a bounty hunter where you don't need to invest but doing social works to promote ICOs/Projects.
Activity: 29
November 17, 2018, 09:56:30 PM
There is no tool and there will not be such a tool that would guarantee you a 100% result that would protect you from the scam of projects, this can not be done at all, for this there are many reasons that are present in the market today.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
November 17, 2018, 09:47:29 PM
One way to check is their profiles. If they are really dedicated to their project or they are capable of doing a success project. You have to also double check if there's already a bad reputation on the project like other users who were already scammed by them.

It is important that you check the team first who are doing the project because from there, you can assess if they have experience and they are capable of implementing the project. You should as well if the names match with the faces that were shown and if the team decides to be anonymous then it is already a red flag. Usually, I would prefer those team members that have a LinkedIn account because it would seem reliable than just showing their faces without any links.
Activity: 352
Merit: 11
November 17, 2018, 09:28:01 PM
The crypto world is so vast and they are interest from all continents of the world. Some investors / projects came with good intentions to make the world a better place while some to defraud investors and projects founder. Can we have a better way correct scam and lapses?

The more knowledge about the ICOs and real features of blockchain you have, the bigger the chance for you to avoid scams. However, sometimes scammers are extremely unexpected.
Yes, it's your perception and analyzation for the ICO's where to involve for making sure avoiding scams, you're correct that to look there features and platform wether it's legit. What's in your heart just goes on.
Activity: 616
November 10, 2018, 06:00:15 AM
The cryptocurrency market is still quite young and not formed. After it began to pour a lot of money, there were a lot of scams that are trying different ways to steal the money. I think it will take some time to appear on the market serious methods of dealing with such scams and there is a good protection for their assets. Many new projects have also turned their attention to the fight against fraudulent projects. One of them is the W12 project. The bottom line is that the funds collected on the ico will be frozen, and will be unfrozen to the team as they fulfill the promised road map.
Activity: 938
Merit: 102
November 10, 2018, 06:00:00 AM
One way to check is their profiles. If they are really dedicated to their project or they are capable of doing a success project. You have to also double check if there's already a bad reputation on the project like other users who were already scammed by them.
Activity: 700
Merit: 101
BBOD Trading Platform
November 10, 2018, 05:52:12 AM
The crypto world is so vast and they are interest from all continents of the world. Some investors / projects came with good intentions to make the world a better place while some to defraud investors and projects founder. Can we have a better way correct scam and lapses?
the way we protect ourselves and protect all aspects related to the project.
white paper, team, product advisors, partners, etc. so that it will minimize you and investors from fraud
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
November 10, 2018, 05:24:16 AM
Nowadays, it's difficult to know which ICO is genuine or not. Before indulging in any, one should take care to look into it properly, ask questions and make research. It's not easy even with all these done but at least you get a little convincing that the ICO is good.
copper member
Activity: 381
November 08, 2018, 09:54:12 AM
This is a near impossible mission. Putting an end to scam or fraud. But we can protect ourselves from scam by always taking out time to make researches and not believe all the promises we come across.
Activity: 172
Merit: 34
November 08, 2018, 09:27:23 AM

Well, it is too challenging for a single investor to know if a project is a scam or not, as most projects nowadays shows too good to be true ideas together with their aethetically pleasing website and whitepaper that shows their so called "intentions" yet still a solid scam. For me i choose good projects depending on their developers and founders together with a few research if they alreadg have partnerships or is their partnerships legitimate. While sometimes i often trust projects that requires KYC even on their bounties.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 333
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
November 08, 2018, 09:15:23 AM
too many scammers and cheater in cryptocurrency market.they want to earn money without doing any work.and its dangerous for us if we could not protect our self well.
Activity: 196
November 08, 2018, 09:01:19 AM
It is indeed very difficult to differentiate legit projects and the scam one but never tolerate the idea,rather let us equip ourselves with knowledge and patience to really study its contents and intensions prior investing money.But above all, always have a back up plan just on case it won't work the way you want it to be.
Activity: 210
November 08, 2018, 08:56:59 AM

The more knowledge about the ICOs and real features of blockchain you have, the bigger the chance for you to avoid scams. However, sometimes scammers are extremely unexpected.
Activity: 350
"In CryptoEnergy we trust"
November 08, 2018, 08:55:05 AM
It is difficult to determine ICO scams because, scammers are now professionals.
That's right, most of the Investors these days are diligent to deal with ICO's and other investments schemes, the majority are pretty hard to fool from such cheap tricks and tactics to get their money, that's why scammers are professional to adapt to this kind of situations making their Initial coins offering and their project innocent and legit, I saw some of them are constantly updating the community with their pictures and articles about the product but it turns out to be a scam, not paying the bounty manager, community managers and Investors.

I agree nowadays, scammers are very professional in terms of executing their moves, ICO websites has been perfectly run by professional scammers, so its really really hard to detect the scam project. The only thing we could do is aside from studying all their given materials, invest only what you can afford to lose, in that it is not that hard for you to accept if at the end of the your invested project will be a possible scam.
Activity: 370
November 08, 2018, 08:50:53 AM
For me it is very hard to avoid being scam because you never knew that you are scam on the middle of it or for waste on the last and it is very hard to avoid withoud doing proper research and other things to avoid being scam
Pages:
Jump to: