Pages:
Author

Topic: How can we protect ourselves from scam? - page 35. (Read 5498 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10
One way to avoid scam is to earn enough knowledge. Read about the projects you are to participate. Don't hesitate to ask someone about it. Protect your wallets, pivate keys and dont let it on your clip board because some might copy it and get all your funds. Be careful in phising sites.
Activity: 841
Merit: 251
Scam means we sent money or invest in an ICO and nit being paid after all. The teams just left us with his gotten a large amount of money. Only solution is to avoid investment so no possibilities someone scam your money. If you want then buy a coin not in ICO, pick currency which is already have volume in market exchange. Free to scam
Activity: 1078
Merit: 262
we can look unto something that is different from the traditional ICO, if the project is not that good to earn enough fund then you should avoid it but of course it end it depends to the team there were some ICO that ends successfully but the team run out.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
I can only say is just do your own diligence research when jumping into something in terms of crypto..
Activity: 110
The crypto world is so vast and they are interest from all continents of the world. Some investors / projects came with good intentions to make the world a better place while some to defraud investors and projects founder. Can we have a better way correct scam and lapses?

To protect ourselves from scam is to always protect our personal information. We have to secure the information related specially to cryptocurrency. And if someone is trying to ask you for new investment then after few months it will double the profit without any hard work is a scam and you have to feel doubt and make some investigation and do background check.
Activity: 130
If you have no way to judge whether it is a scam, it is best not to invest, or not to do the rewards task, you can pay attention to forums, posts, news and other information about cryptocurrencies, first understand, then investment.
Activity: 168
The crypto world is so vast and they are interest from all continents of the world. Some investors / projects came with good intentions to make the world a better place while some to defraud investors and projects founder. Can we have a better way correct scam and lapses?
We have to see the project that we will follow good or not because otherwise, we will not know whether we are avoiding fraud or are we exposed to fraud so from now on I am sure that you see and read before we invest or follow your project will be spared from fraud
Activity: 653
Merit: 183
The best way is to wait and see (yes, you will be slower than other) but better than rush in and got scammed.
Activity: 854
Merit: 108

The most common suggestions will be to review well the project and the team members in the google to check if they are legit persons and if the project is really exist but still it will be the regulation well protect the interest of the people that is why we need to support it to ensure that these scam ICO will be screen out from the good one.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
It is difficult to determine ICO scams because, scammers are now professionals.

All the discussion and information about to protect and get rid of scam projects, All this has been done by professional scammers.

So if we choose legit projects, it is also a good consultation with professionals who review legit ICO projects to protect us from scams. It's just a matter of paying, but we're definitely safe investing.
Yeah, that was I bolded above is a better way to determine which ICO's are good. Only professionals can smell if that project is smell like fishy and I'm sure that project is a scam. Like choosing a good and professional expert manager that who manage the ICO for the whole project they know much better than us because of many projects they handled.
Searching, reading and studying that's the major part that we something to do to know further in the project.

Actually, choosing a good manager not always solve the scam problem. Right now, I have a problem with Bitpaction bounty. The team seems will not pay the rewards. But Julerz as a campaign manager can't do anything about that.
Activity: 145
My friends advise me before joining bounty you have to learn first the terms and conditions that exist, as well as check overall team, manager and web from ICO in question.
security is not guaranteed because blockchain does not have the authority to govern this, it depends on your knowledge and selection. not all bounty that gives big advantage has a good rating.
Activity: 238
There is no complete perfect or 100% way with which one can avoid scams.. However, the good way to reduce your chances of falling into scam ICOs is to have the patience to study the project and the team background.
Activity: 37
I think there is no any 100% safe solution, but we can limit the ability of scam among new projects.
Firstly, we should search their activites on every social networks we could (There is no any active projects do not update their activities continuously). Secondly, we should check profiles of their team, their advisors.
Finally, about technique, we should review their token's info such as: how many token was supplied on the market? How many percent  of token spent to their team, how about their roadmap,etc?
If we completed all above ideas, then we can ensure 80,90% that the projects is real. How do you think?    
Activity: 350
Merit: 107
I Think we cant stop them but what we can do was to be more careful on our action and for every details that we are submitting. Because we dont know we are going to be scam and hopefully not because it may cause a big loss for us. Double careful only was the key to protect ourselves from it.

Yes, the responsibility ultimately relies on the individual to make wise choices in this market. We can't rely on government or anyone else, the responsibility is our own.
Activity: 139
Merit: 1
We cannot avoid ourselves to be scam because the scammer is great to make an idea they find ways to get our info our private key they are like a drug lord because they don't work hard they finding a way to earn  easy and bigger than us. they collecting our Private key if we fill up the form of scammer and we paste our private key 100% all of our token or balance will be gone our work will gone for nothing that's the work of scammer easy money I hate them 20x of my life. because scammer is the reason why my main account was banned 2nd scammer are using my personal email 3rd All of the token of my friend are gone he was accidental paste his private key to scam form after a few minutes eth balance was gone token was gone for nothing that's why i hate them so much I hope we can find a solution.
Activity: 1303
Merit: 128
Theres nothing we can do to get immune by it. The only way we can is not to become a victim. Although theres a vast world beyond the internet and a lot of scammers exist, we can think that there are a lots of people that can be targetted and you can restrain from it. You can do this by having a very private life and not posting a lot information about yourself on the internet.
Activity: 350
Merit: 107
Best way is to get yourself a hardware wallet ,first and foremost.

If you aren't using a hardware wallet you have a greater chance of getting hacked or scammed.

Activity: 50
It is very difficult to know a scam or not. What needs to be done is always be careful in making decisions to invest in crypto. In addition, always keep the private key to prevent any risk of losing the coins held.
Activity: 108

it is very difficult to stay away from a scam, because a scam is a risk we must deal with. So it's impossible for us to be far from a scam, maybe we can prevent it, but not to get away from it. the most important thing to be careful in choosing a project that you will follow, research it first.
Activity: 165
in my opinion, you cannot really put an end to fraud. Now a con artist can wrap the project into a real project. All kinds of information is true.
So they will always find a way to deceive others. on the internet it will be hard to trace them because they also look like legit.

Pages:
Jump to: