Pages:
Author

Topic: How can we protect ourselves from scam? - page 41. (Read 5498 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 0
Scams are very rampant now.  Scammers are smart individuals who are doing everything to mimic the legit projects. They will be difficult to identify. However, investigating and researching can be of great help.
Activity: 84
Scams are everywhere, how to avoid scams depends on how much you know about this project, and more use of Google search, community, ICO ratings, etc., which will help you maximize the avoidance of scams.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Scam is everywhere. Just look at realistic ICo project. There are some projects that is not realistic like Hardcap ICO more with huge million USD. You can't really put an end to fraud. Now a cheater can wrap a project into a real project. All kinds of information are true. But you can't recognize it. For now, you need to evaluate and study a project yourself. Find the association from the specific details of the project. Then decide whether the project is true and reliable. True and achieveble project is great idea.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
The only one to protect ourselves from scam is ourselves considerations. It requires the good analysis and research on the crypto, ICO, or coins to avoid or minimize the chance to be scammed. Scam coin or ICO are similar with the legit one. We only need the ways, the right ways to deserve the best strategy and considerations to decide buying or selling the crypto.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
Make a hard review and investigate the whole project because that's a best way to protect you from scam because you know the project will be successful or not so you better know that early before you lost everything.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
It is very difficult for me to avoid a scam project. Because sometimes scammers are very clever in deceiving the victim. So, we should not be too much in investing to reduce risk.
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
I think the only way we can protect ourselves from scam and scammer is by doing a lot of investigation and studying both of the team and the project in every aspect! I know that this require a lot of time and certain skills but this is the only way we can protect ourselves right now.
We should create a shared database where to register scam ICO, project, scammer and other suspicious things. This would be a nice idea I think.

While I have no knowledge of any shared database, this forum constantly talks about the recent happenings and news about crypto and possibly ICOs. If there are any victims or those who feel suspicious, one may post about it here in the forum in order to have further discussion. This could help you determine whether the ICO which you are investing in is actually a scam — but this is not an actual guarantee.
Activity: 36
I think the only way we can protect ourselves from scam and scammer is by doing a lot of investigation and studying both of the team and the project in every aspect! I know that this require a lot of time and certain skills but this is the only way we can protect ourselves right now.
We should create a shared database where to register scam ICO, project, scammer and other suspicious things. This would be a nice idea I think.
Activity: 202
actually, to protect following scam ico we should be able to choose a good ico. to choose a good ico we can see from the ico concept, the whitepaper, the team that handles, and the achievement. if ico has reached softcap then it is good to be followed because we will obviously get paid from it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
To protect yourself from crypto scams. We need to equip ourselves with the necessary knowledge in this field. And before the investment need to thoroughly explore the project like? What is the strategy of development and profit? Are their attractiveness high?
Activity: 574
Merit: 2
by avoiding scam airdrops,  by deleting every phishing links in email
By doing the proper things, such as not compromising ourselves, because untl and unless you paste your etherum private key into a scam site, you are definitely safe and free from scams,
So be vigilant and check every website url carefully before you perfom any etherum or bitcoin transfer.
Activity: 168
It is not very easy to identity scam on this vast crypto world. By doing regular research and gathering proper knowledge it can be done somehow.
Activity: 146
Merit: 1
https://i.imgur.com/5JpAp21.jpg
when we avoid the swindler we must be more careful boss, with a way of heart then we will be guaranteed safe ,
Activity: 94
Merit: 7
All you have to do is to research. DIg deep you we have an amazing mind and we need to keep track every projects that we wish to join or invest. Scam ICO are there and we can't avoid that all you have to do is to be aware off.
Activity: 194
Merit: 10
☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️
To avoid the fraudulent name of course you have to be careful of suspicious links. Do not be easily affected, May be from personal email or others. Therefore you are always careful in everything to avoid becoming a victim of fraud.
I agree to what you say and also to be protected from scam you should always have back up entry of wallets so that you can have security when saving your altcoins. Scammers are just around the corners because of this so called high technology scammers can find ways to attack us. I guess we also need to be vigilant and knowledgable in using technology so that we can easily avoid scammers.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
as an investor and bounty hunter, it would be better if we could protect to follow a scam ico. there are several ways you can do that is by looking at the whitepaper. because in it we can see the team that handles. after that, we also have to actively ask in telegram group, if admin in telegram group rarely active or give an update then it would be better if we stop it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
To avoid the fraudulent name of course you have to be careful of suspicious links. Do not be easily affected, May be from personal email or others. Therefore you are always careful in everything to avoid becoming a victim of fraud.
Activity: 154
With the rise in the popularity of the market of crypto currencies the number of scammers has sky rocketed. Investors need good knowledge, experience and patience to dodge from being scammed. Therefore before investing a close look on the team, project aim and discussion with members on forums are extremely important.
Activity: 112
Yes there are a lot of ICO scam projects but truly it's hard to face it but the only solution which I think could work is personal self confirmation which mean you have to investigate personally on the kind of project yiu get involved with.
Activity: 84
Merit: 2
By doing proper research and discussing with fellow community members, you should make a reasonably good decision!!
Pages:
Jump to: