Pages:
Author

Topic: How come I can't post?? - page 11. (Read 20807 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
December 16, 2013, 08:40:46 PM
hello, joined up to look at the new dogecoin.... waiting for my 4hr timeout to be let out of the doghouse to go post on the other topics =)
I guess topics like "500 free dogecoin" will create a lot of new users on the forums. It's probably because of this that the restrictions are the way they are. Prevent people making a gazillion accounts just to post their address in those topics.

Nah been reading for a few days, have few doge already ( put it on all Red, much spinny )
so good i couldnt post a reply and had to wait an hour, by then it ate my reply and sent a blank one... so wow
Activity: 4
December 16, 2013, 08:26:54 PM
hello, joined up to look at the new dogecoin.... waiting for my 4hr timeout to be let out of the doghouse to go post on the other topics =)
I guess topics like "500 free dogecoin" will create a lot of new users on the forums. It's probably because of this that the restrictions are the way they are. Prevent people making a gazillion accounts just to post their address in those topics.

That has to be it! Much wait.
Activity: 4
December 16, 2013, 07:46:36 PM
Activity: 13
December 16, 2013, 07:00:11 PM
This does kind of suck. We all want to get into the fray as soon as possible. But we can't! BooHoo!  Undecided
Activity: 40
December 16, 2013, 06:44:54 PM
Activity: 5
December 16, 2013, 06:29:38 PM
but how can i get the 1 post with 4 hours without actually being able to post? the only place i have the post links is under the Patrol link in the header
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
December 16, 2013, 05:28:55 PM
Need to read 13 pages for this Grin
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
December 16, 2013, 05:25:35 PM
I can't post in a forum that I'm interested in until I've gotten through some kind of proving ground....  

Yup we're going all out native Indian(american) traditional on this one.

next thing you see will be us developing our own secret BIRD language so that the noobs cant read ANYTHING lol.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
December 16, 2013, 04:36:48 PM
The activity number is determined in this way:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)
Activity is updated every 30 minutes.
Activity: 45
December 16, 2013, 03:40:10 PM
I am also trying to get a few posts in so that I can post a thread in Service Discussion. My BTC-e account was hacked. Common story I know. It's my fault I know. But my story has a twist. I have been working closely with BTC-e administration, but now the conversation has taken a very strange twist. I want to describe it in detail. But I need a few post, and I need to wait 4 hours or whatever.
Activity: 13
December 16, 2013, 02:50:26 PM
ok so I have to write a post and then wait 4 hours to be able to write posts in other topics ... so I'll wait Wink
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
December 16, 2013, 02:49:11 PM
you have to post in the newbie section for so many post and browse here for 4 hours before getting access to post

like I have the time to browse for 4 hours.! I need answers to questions which I can't get from forum members because I can't post anything in the relevant threads. this ludicrous. what dummy came up with this system? someone probably still sucking on his thumb and sucking on him mommy's titty. dumb ass
Activity: 3
December 16, 2013, 02:36:30 PM
Need to be verified to post new thread.
What are you talking about?
Activity: 56
December 16, 2013, 02:22:46 PM
Need to be verified to post new thread.
Activity: 3
December 16, 2013, 02:22:16 PM
Because you're a newbie! What is it like 5 posts and 4 hours? Damn.
it's 1 post and 4 hours as i recall...  or 5 but i am sure that's it's 1 post

Yes, it is 1 post and 4 hours, according to the sticky newbie readme.
Activity: 2
December 16, 2013, 02:16:03 PM

What is this college?  Do I have to chug a beer and run through the quad naked too?  Had I better watch what I say here or else I might have to wait 8 -12 hours before being able to contribute something useful?

That's the sort of impression I get when I see any group that doesn't listen to new people without making them jump through (seemingly) arbitrary hoops... my real question is, who is being excluded and to what end?  Are you trying to stop trolls, bots, scammers?  Or is someone else undesirable?  People who talk bad about bitcoin, are they excluded? 

Right now it sounds like the attitude is "we were here first, you guys need to prove your worth before we'll let you in our club"... right it's only 4 hours, but it's also a slippery slope. 

"I have to wear a star on my arm?  What for?" 
"Because you're a Jew!  What is it, a patch on your jacket? Damn." 

PS - Totally aware that I have broken Godwin's Law in my second post here... but if I have to make posts and waste 4 hours here I might as well have fun.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
December 16, 2013, 01:48:46 PM
it's 1 post and 4 hours as i recall...  or 5 but i am sure that's it's 1 post
Activity: 1
December 16, 2013, 01:27:50 PM
Activity: 2
December 16, 2013, 01:23:26 PM
Alright, so I'm also an idiot who had to search around to figure out that I can't post in a forum that I'm interested in until I've gotten through some kind of proving ground....  It would be nice if instead of just a lack of Reply button on all threads, there was also a message that alerted me to my unworthiness.  

May I ask what the purpose of this quarantine is?  Being that the whole bitcoin/altcoin community is about decentralized authority and freedom, I'm curious who the arbiters of speech are here and how one may properly present oneself to curry favor with them?  

I wish to speak with the members of this thread and offer my skills in development to the possible furthering of their goals:  

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/best-scripting-language-suited-to-develop-a-functional-exchange-369645  

If you could please inform them that I await without, I shall endeavor in patience.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 16, 2013, 01:20:23 PM
All newbies should read this post first: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/newbie-readme-177133  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: