Author

Topic: How did you first hear about bitcoin? - page 142. (Read 104332 times)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100
September 22, 2017, 09:07:27 AM
For the first time I learned about bitcoin from my friend who decided to share with me a new way of earning without special skills. I liked just keeping coins and earning at a price increase.
Activity: 244
September 22, 2017, 08:53:37 AM
The first time that I heard about bitcoin was in a documentary but bitcoin wasnt really the main topic there.Bitcoin's value was mentioned in that documentary and I was really surprised so I did some research about it.At first I was not really planning to have some of it but because of my friend who earns from bitcoin,I became very curious and did some research on how to earn it.
Activity: 419
September 22, 2017, 07:11:27 AM
Are you a bitcoin fan?
Do you spend a lot of time on bitcoin? Reading news, trading, or even writing your own analysis.
But how did you first hear about bitcoin?
Is it some articles you read about? Or just from a friend who has traded bitcoin for a long time?

Share your experience with us. Grin
i heard bitcoin is from internet but was i'm not interested bitcoin, because i don't know what is bitcoin what it use for, but several month ago my friend talk to me he was able get money from bitcoin. i got interested i do some research and make account to exchange. and start trading. i just very regret not know bitcoin since 2010, when the price is very cheap.
Many people run away from bitcoins when they are revealed the fact that it is a digital currency that relies on internet. It is a usual act but after some time of their own research, they start showing faith in this coin and try to earn some by investing or without investing. I am glad that you are dealing in bitcoins. Don't have regrets; your future will still be a luxurious one.
Activity: 340
September 21, 2017, 01:53:31 PM
It was a Slashdot article :

It might have read this one, but it's unlikely that I have paid any attention :
Bitcoin Releases Version 0.3 (July 2010)

This article is when I most likely started taking interest in the subject :
WikiLeaks, Money, and Ron Paul (December 2010)

And this one I remember so well, I remember the first comment!
Online-Only Currency BitCoin Reaches Dollar Parity (February 2011)

In other words (Score:5, Funny)
by Monkeedude1212 (1560403) on Thursday February 10, 2011 @03:01PM (#35164902) Journal

The US Dollar will soon be worthless?

*ducks
I first heard about bitcoin when my two classmates is talking about bitcoin. First when i heard that. My mind is fill with curiosity so i tried to ask them what are they talking about. So they started to share many hings about bitcoin and because of them here i am joining in a signature campaign like them and earning here.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
September 21, 2017, 01:49:27 PM
I first heard bitcoin from my friend, then the price is still about $ 500 and I do not really care about it, but in early 2017 I was very surprised to see the price of bitcoin so high.
Activity: 686
Merit: 102
September 21, 2017, 01:29:33 PM
I heard first about bitcoin from my friend. He was spend a lot of time for tread and analysis about bitcoin. Then one day he explained to me how it's work. And from that day I'm still with bitcoin.  Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 504
Merit: 106
September 21, 2017, 11:56:57 AM
I have been heard about bitcoin from my sister in law. By that time she introduced bitcoin by explaining how it goes and what are the benefits that you can have from it..And the most of all you can earned and have a profit for additional income.
I am damn sure that you will be thanking her now from the core of your hearts. I did not know about it till the time one of my instructor asked this question in the class that “What is Crypto currency”? He then told us about it and from that day, Bitcoin is like part of my life and I am sure it will change my life.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
September 21, 2017, 03:17:01 AM
I admit that the first time I heard about bitcoin was in March 2013.
I knew some basic economics and basic computer science. Here is the exact article where I first heard about bitcoin. I believe that there is only three concepts that you need to know that makes bitcoin interesting:
You can't have a currency that uses something that is not rare.
Computers are very good at copying things.
If no one is in direct control of something then everyone using it is in control of it.
I recognised these things and was fascinated, immediately and began mining. I'm not saying I understood everything about it, it took me a good 2 months to actually understand how it worked. In this time I would constantly referred back to the white paper and try to make sense of it.
I am very invested in the success of bitcoin now and it scares me... maybe beyond want I am willing to accept.
Activity: 835
Merit: 502
September 20, 2017, 05:43:06 AM
First time i heard about bitcoin 2-3 years ago, than i heard from my friend but didnt take as important matter.  Now when my friend is a rich and free I belive in crypto business and start it since july 2017 and very regret that didnt believe in 2015
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
September 20, 2017, 01:34:57 AM
When I first heard about bitcoin, I was instantly interested to learning about bitcoin and how to get it.

Especially when I hear there are friends who are successful with bitcoin.

And I hope to be successful with a bitcoin like my friend Grin
Activity: 269
September 20, 2017, 01:16:25 AM
I first heard about bitcoin from the tv show "Click" . When I first heard about it I thought it was some kind is payment processor like PayPal . But one day when I was searching for online money making methods then I found out about bitcoin in another website. From there on I started learning more and more about bitcoins each day .
Activity: 290
September 20, 2017, 01:08:45 AM
Well i have known bitcoin because of my friend he told me about bitcoin and how profitable it is.

Most of our story here about hearing bitcoin first is because of our friends. My friend introduced bitcoin to me, the first time I heard it to him, I hesitated, because I was like "Who does earn money thru this bitcoin thingy?" and after I've seen his bitcoin wallet with a lot of bitcoins, I decided to do bitcoin in an instant and that is the reason why I do have bitcoins right now.
Activity: 140
September 19, 2017, 10:47:46 PM
The first thing I heard in bitcoin was to fast-paced with simple tasks
Activity: 714
Merit: 102
September 19, 2017, 10:27:52 PM
that's right, I'm a bitcoin fan,
after I heard about bitcin from my co-workers I was very interested and started looking for information on the internet about bitcoin
until now I plunge in this world in the hope that bitcoin will drive me to the path of success
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
September 18, 2017, 11:59:48 AM

I had a bad life before I knew bitcoin.
this is the real story of my life. I introduced a friend to engage in bitcoin, in short I followed his trail. and finally with the length of time and I stay focused on it, the way wide open. finally I can invest in allcoin and bitcoin and have a life more worthy than ever.
Activity: 294
Merit: 125
Alea iacta est
September 18, 2017, 11:56:47 AM
À friend of mine first told me about Bitcoin. He caught my interest and I started digging for more information and I ended up investing a reasonable amount on the latest dip.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
September 18, 2017, 11:53:23 AM
While watching videos on Youtube I was presented with a suggestion video where Andreas Antonopoulos presented Bitcoin. This is where everything started... thx Youtube
Activity: 616
September 18, 2017, 11:18:14 AM
im not bitcoin fan, but i love bitcoin and willing to sell it for extra money to my pocket hahaha  Grin Grin
when is the first time i hear about bitcoin, i think the first time is when my firend tell me about getting extra money from bitcoin (trading) im curious about that and i try to learn about bitcoin and learn about trading. from that time im enjoy trading until now  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 532
Merit: 170
September 18, 2017, 11:12:54 AM

reading a news or technological progress is my hobby.
I was interested in getting involved first on bitcoin, from reading online news articles. from where I first got to know bitcoin and decided to get involved in it.
Activity: 132
Merit: 10
September 18, 2017, 11:09:53 AM
Are you a bitcoin fan?
Do you spend a lot of time on bitcoin? Reading news, trading, or even writing your own analysis.
But how did you first hear about bitcoin?
Is it some articles you read about? Or just from a friend who has traded bitcoin for a long time?

Share your experience with us. Grin
The first time I heard about bitcoin from my friend. They tell me about the benefits of using bitcoin. And some history that can make me excited. I saw my friend enjoying it.
Jump to: