Pages:
Author

Topic: How do I start out trading with $200? - page 7. (Read 1579 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 102
November 12, 2017, 02:42:26 AM
I want to start out trading altcoins but don't know where to start.  I don't have much money because I am a student.

Should I put my money in low cost coins such as NEM or should I put it in higher cost coins such as litecoin?
Should I spend $10 on each coin? $20?
Should I try a few ICOs?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Me i started trading with $100 since like you i'm also a student. What i did mostly, before i started trading was read, research, analyze. If you have a coin in mind like for example you mentioned NEM then look into it, try to gather as much data as needed. If you think it is worth the risk to invest on it then go for it. What i did most was day trade. Although it did give me returns but its not that much because of the transaction fees. So make sure you sell only when you think the profit you will make is more than enough to cover the fees. Good luck.
Activity: 112
Merit: 12
November 11, 2017, 11:50:07 PM
Its better to start with quality coins that have the potential to go up, because it has a low chance of loss in your trading, but first you need to monitor the prices in coinmarketcap which coin is the most low price in the top 50 list then you can invest into it and then keep it and wait for the price to go up then trade, so you can be sure to have profit.

put stickys on wall with name of shit-coins

put on blind fold, get darts, number of darts of number of coins to 'invest'

put on blind-fold and toss darts, take off blindfold, and buy the coins that dart hit,

now u have a diversified portfolio of shit-coins

The above algo doesn't work, as everybody is buying the lowest price in the top 50, the trick is to be the lowest price in the +2,000 and get the 1,000X, the only way to get the winner is to place a bet on all

'market cap' doesn't mean much in crytpo, it actually means that somebody has left too much money on the table and that its very likely that that the owners will cash-out

I suspect that better reward is buying the crypto with lower market-cap and riding it up on a random wave

a better algo than random maybe to just buy the 'catchy name'' most of these coins are all shit, and what your looking for is the greater fool than yourself to buy, thus think about which coins sound like the next bitcoin

putting your nickels in a piggy bank, next year you will save more money than playing crypto
Activity: 350
Merit: 106
Telegram Moderator, Hire me
November 11, 2017, 11:35:33 PM
Its better to start with quality coins that have the potential to go up, because it has a low chance of loss in your trading, but first you need to monitor the prices in coinmarketcap which coin is the most low price in the top 50 list then you can invest into it and then keep it and wait for the price to go up then trade, so you can be sure to have profit.
Activity: 112
Merit: 12
November 11, 2017, 11:28:15 PM
I want to start out trading altcoins but don't know where to start.  I don't have much money because I am a student.

Should I put my money in low cost coins such as NEM or should I put it in higher cost coins such as litecoin?
Should I try a few ICOs?

There are over 2,000 shit-coins, take your $200, and buy a dimes worth of each shit-coin, that will get you about 1,000 shit coins for each shit-coin family

Then wait one year, one of the shit-coin may be worth a penny, so after a year you get back $10,, from your $200, the other shit-coins will be worth zero

Welcome to trading shit-coins
Activity: 518
Merit: 278
November 11, 2017, 11:24:38 PM

Should I try a few ICOs?

For $200 I can guarantee that you can buy lots of good coins out of it and profit from them. However, you need to have the knowledge when to sell or trade them, as buying is only the first step and selling it is second. So basically, you only need to buy coins that have potential and learn about the coins you have purchased. See if they are progressing or have steady developments and innovations because you can use it as an indicator when to sell them, especially when there's a chance of them being bullish.

Some altcoins that you might want to check out with potentials are HVN, AdEx, UBQ, XRP, HDG, EVX, IFT, and TFL. This is based only on my opinion. You are free to follow them or not.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
November 11, 2017, 10:25:05 PM
I think you should try to deal with alts first.because bitcoin is so hard to deal now,with its huge price its hard to afford trading with btc.i wish that 200$ of yours can be invest in long term,not for quick money.if thats the case u cant succeed because the orice now is unstable so we need to be patience.
Activity: 306
Merit: 100
November 11, 2017, 10:07:32 PM

Should I try a few ICOs?

Most of the time specially if you are just a starter and you don't know something about trading, don't do it. Why? Because you are in a situation like driving a car in a high way, where your skills are just for driving bikes. The risk of trading for novice traders is high, what more for starters like you right? So if I were you, I'll put my money somewhere safe. Release them on trading if you are confident enough that you have skill and knowledge about it. Also, about choosing ICO's, be wise about them because the level of risk is quite high too. Imagine that for almost 200 ICO'S only 15-20 among them becomes successful. Be smart, be wise, and never stop reading. Your $200 has a long way to go if you are smart enough about spending it.
Activity: 126
November 11, 2017, 09:44:47 PM

Should I try a few ICOs?

Don't diversify your portfolio too much, invest in 2, maybe 3 projects you like.

I know many people will disagree with this, but $200 is not much money and it is not lucrative to invest it into 10 coins. Can you imagine your coin going up 50$ and you earning just $10?  Sad

I suggest you invest everything into 2-3 coins, and then invest more every month (or in periods you are comfortable with).
Activity: 126
November 11, 2017, 09:31:23 PM
its a little difficult to start with that amount..
you need to split your money into few projects so you have a better chance, spliting it to 50$ each will make the process very slow..
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
November 11, 2017, 09:29:21 PM
Waves would probably be a good idea. You can also go for a small share in Bitcoin or Ethereum.
Remember with coins you don't have to buy at least 1, with the bigger coins you can go for a fraction.

Be careful of high exchange rates and scammy exchange sites.
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
November 11, 2017, 09:26:45 PM

Should I try a few ICOs?

Educate yourself. You should not let what other people decide where to throw your money but (don't get me wrong) there is nothing wrong asking other people's thought. What I'm trying to say is to do research after that to verify the information given and to know more about it. I can't really suggest what coins you should buy or not but an advice is better, right?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 11, 2017, 09:22:44 PM
If you need to trade first you have to learn about the facts before invest. Now you can invest your 200$ with bitcoins.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
November 11, 2017, 09:18:20 PM
$200 is a good starting amount for trading but it all depends on your aim but if I were you I'd distribute my money on the altcoins that have the potential.
Activity: 560
Merit: 126
November 11, 2017, 09:13:18 PM
it hard to make profit with only 200$ and with no trading skills. I recommend you to play around with 50$ in order to learn daily trading and understanding how the market works.
Activity: 224
Strategist
November 11, 2017, 09:04:51 PM
If you're going to start trading with $200 only, you should build your account on coins that is small but still profit table. Spread your money in different coins and sell them when there is profit but don't sell them all, keep some for future purposes. Treat it as your own investment.
Activity: 92
November 11, 2017, 09:03:05 PM
I want to start out trading altcoins but don't know where to start.  I don't have much money because I am a student.

Should I try a few ICOs?

Buy $200 worth of Waves. I'd be very surprised if you don't triple your investment by next spring/summer.
Activity: 378
November 11, 2017, 08:49:18 PM
With $200 cash, divide the investment into few ICOs only, like 3 ICOs.
Which ico's is potential, look at some of the discussions in this forum, but still the final decision is yours. Follow some ico's graph in the last 1-3 weeks. Then you will find which ones have increased volume and not. This is important because learning to trade should be able to see the situation from a long time span.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 535
November 11, 2017, 07:49:50 PM
Since the alt coin market is having a bear run for a while ,there are plenty of promising projects which are good to enter and check out the alt coin section and understand what the best project is which has a good reputation to hit the jackpot in the short run and invest in those for the long term ,sure you will have a good profit in the end.
Activity: 99
Merit: 18
November 11, 2017, 07:47:38 PM

Should I try a few ICOs?

I would not worry about what coin in terms of big or small.

Just use the 200 to built a portfolio u want.

The awesome thing about crypto is that u can trade with 200
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
November 11, 2017, 07:44:55 PM

Should I try a few ICOs?

If you're a newbie, keep reading the forum, but don't take your investment idea from the forum. Please note this. People hanging out here will try to make you invest the coins they currently have.

Make decissions on your own after checking some graphs and analysis.
Pages:
Jump to: