Pages:
Author

Topic: How do I stop panic selling cryptocurrency? - page 20. (Read 2127 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 8
Since last week, I've lost %10 of my total holdings (btc-wise) and its counting.
I will never sell because selling means losing. I still didn't take the loss, coins will go back up sooner or later anyway!

Activity: 434
Merit: 10
One thing that stops me from selling at a lower price is the regret that I may feel when I see the coin rise at a particular time after selling. To avoid panic selling, you have to do a lot of research on the project. Check their roadmaps, weekly updates and YouTube videos to know how effective the project is likely to be.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
The best way stop panic selling to me is to stop listening to fake news and also stop logging in to coinmarketcap  to the price.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
The question itself is the answer “PANIC”.

Everyone knows cryptocurrency market is highly volatile and risky.
And most of the people do emotional trading.
They sell when it is crashing. And suffer from the loss. They panic and sell in the loss.

What is the point in selling at low?
One must wait for the market to turn green and bullish.

The way to stop the panic is to not engage in panic-inducing activities such as day trading.
It is like the old joke; a man goes to the doctor and says my arm hurts when I put it overhead.
The doctor says don’t put your arm overhead Grin

If you are in need of urgent money than selling is OKAY but for profit, HODL is the best.

Totally agree, but I think that panic is characteristic for people who have no enough experience, if person is aware of crypto trends he/she will not that it is very silly thing to sell when the price is low, and the situation will recover anyway.
Agree with you most panic seller are new users, experienced and wise investors never sell at panic price, I think before investing it is good to make proper research about investment of bitcoin and then go for investing, no situation remains permanent in bitcoin investment as rise and fall happens, so don’t worry if price fell down as when it increased then it increase thousands of dollars.
Activity: 602
It is very difficult to convince newcomers that the fall in prices, the fluctuation is normal, it's just a feature of bitcoin. And still a lot of people in panic sell bitcoin in the fall of prices... I can't fight it.
Activity: 395
It is rather inherent to inexperienced investors when they are not yet sure of bitcoin, and each drawdown seems to them an inevitable end.
Activity: 336
Alfa-Enzo: Introducing the First Global Smartmarke
i prefer you to stop focusing on your coin and just Read about new so you will know if it is the time to sell or buy.
newbies need to learn how to stop panic sell so it wont affect a huge amount of Price dump and make the Price Flow stable .
Activity: 532
Merit: 25
Oh, it was very easy for me. My best friend confiscate my wallet and said that will give it back to me only when I will stop my panic. He said that the worst thing is to sell smth in panic, that all this huge decrease is temporary. So I forced myself to believe him and stopped looking at coinmarketcap.
Activity: 221
Close all price charts, close your portfolio. Switch off the internet on your device. Move to the mountains and wait a couple of years. -> Return back.. and you are a millionaire.
Activity: 728
Look ARROUND!
There's nothing to be done, all people make mistakes, but not many people make conclusions from these mistakes. Well, that there is this forum where people can share their experience and tell newcomers.
Activity: 574
Merit: 256
Patience is the key to success and one of the important thing which every investor need to have while investing.People are selling coins at very low rate because they are believing that the market value will never rise ,it will came to an end so because of this they are selling at low rate.They should that bitcoin is virtual and such ups and downs are very common in this case.So instead of panic selling they should save them in wallet and sell only at that time when they feel that they will get a huge profit after selling.If they are selling bitcoin at low price they are only contributing to dump.So stop doing this and keep on holding your coins till you get a profit from it.
Activity: 645
Merit: 145
In the beginning when I started trading bitcoin I was do the same thing, I was buying bitcoin for $450 and after few days bitcoin drop on $370 so I sold it. I was thinking that it's over and bitcoin will drop back to $100 so I did panic sell. That was my first and last panic sell, after that I just buy and put stop loss on price that I can afford to lose.
Activity: 627
Merit: 103
Maximum panic seller is newbies. They just want a quick money. Like if price grows up then they will be too happy but when the market will go down a bit then panic seller think that market will crash, and I won't recover so I need to sell!   Grin

Even I was one of the panic sellers when I was a newbie, So i know well  Cheesy
Activity: 951
If you really trust Bitcoin and the crypto currency as a whole it should give you comfort and assurance that no matter how low your holdings would get. Your investment would not crash. Everything is under control. Soon Bitcoin will fly to $150K.

They sell when it is crashing. And suffer from the loss. They panic and sell in the loss.

The way to stop the panic is to not engage in panic-inducing activities such as day trading.
It is like the old joke; a man goes to the doctor and says my arm hurts when I put it overhead.

If you are in need of urgent money than selling is OKAY but for profit, HODL is the best.
Activity: 210

One simple thing is hat you should stop panicking when it comes to investment. You know right from the start the value is never certain and never stable if you think that it is always a profit everyday then don't invest. Investment specially in cryptocurrency needs time and it is best to wait than to sell right away when the price is dropping or the price is going down. Just set your aim into getting profit and then sell it when it reaches that ceiling.
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
I hold depend on the situation. if I see the market will reverse I will hold my coin.but if I see bearish still continue I prefer to sell my coin and buy again at deep.its better than just hold and wait with the same value.
Activity: 420

Maybe they think that the more they did not sell their coin the more their going to lose, The solution I see is need to control our self every time the value goes down because if we let our emotions take over it may end up in panic selling and the outcome we contributed to the dump, So always keep in mind we need to hold our coin until it recover don't rush anything because when it become profitable then we can start selling.
Activity: 80
Merit: 0

you must stop panic, cause, if you are panic, don't trading, please.
Activity: 546

The best way to not panic sell in crypto is u have to set your profit and loss.
In many exchanger right now there are stop loss system which can sell your coins automatically when the price hit the price you determined.
So there are no more panic sell and you can enjoy your trading life
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
First we need to understand our stand especially when our assets are involve.  In this situation we need to go deeper in what is happening on the market where in how  does it work and go through it. So when the the market goes low just relax and wait then we need to be more observant on what is happening around us.  Just don't panic just relax and wait how it takes.. 
Pages:
Jump to: