Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell? - page 4. (Read 14650 times)

Activity: 524
Merit: 258
I think the major factor that can helps you to decided whether to sell or not is knowing the market value of those coins in the blockchain market. Through this you can emphasis how much return on investment you will received once you sell.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
It is good question about the current market situation because some of few coins are moving little bit up but others are still in down and so by understanding this thing the best time to hold more instead of the panic sale for those coins who are in condition of down trend and that why the best option is to keep holding,
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
At first I set a pllan of return. That return is not very high. I set open price for selling at my desired profitable rate. Whenever the price reaches at my designated price, I never regret although the price go far upward. I think controlling emotion is more important in trading.
But what else can be the strategy for today? But it is very likely that today's market is very favorable for investing at all levels and types of crypto currency. Even Bitcoin was delayed at $ 8,000 and $ 9,000. Even if you invest today, after a while you will earn a huge fortune when Bitcoin goes up.
Activity: 167
Merit: 0
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?
At first I set a pllan of return. That return is not very high. I set open price for selling at my desired profitable rate. Whenever the price reaches at my designated price, I never regret although the price go far upward. I think controlling emotion is more important in trading.
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
I sell when I have already made some good profits as holding altcoin longer can be risky as you never know when price can crash so its better not to get greedy and be satisfied with the profits that you have made as you can buy it when price goes low in future but I don't have any plan to sell my bitcoins right now
I sold my coins if l monitor that the price is right for me. But if the price is very low. I hold it first l'll wait for the time to increase the price. But if l have choice l will hold first and sold it when it is very expensive so that I can save a big amount of cash for the future of my kids. As a middle class family i used to very calculated and i have to see the proper graph and analyse that what is good for me and my family.
Activity: 145
Merit: 14
When you are comfortable with your profit or better still, when you have decided from  get go the target  price for your exit from a particular trade, that when you should sell. However, there are market conditions that could make you sell earlier or later than planned.
I will not even decide after watching the profit. I think i will decide by analysing the volume if it keeps on increasing then i will probably hold. if the graph and anyone can see that it be is experienced enough, the graph goes to a high and then go down a little bit and then again go to that high again, this indicates the resistance and if enough funds get invested in it then the graph goes up, but it is rare that the investors will follow the increasing bitcoin price and the bitcoin price falls due to lack of investors investing in it, in the end it all depends on your ability to read the graphs and then decide whats the next to do.
Activity: 994
Merit: 503
When you are comfortable with your profit or better still, when you have decided from  get go the target  price for your exit from a particular trade, that when you should sell. However, there are market conditions that could make you sell earlier or later than planned.
According to my experience, on any financial market, we can not create fixed strategy and plan for investment.
Anytime, our plan can be change by something, example the FUD, FOMO by the whale or bad news from the government, etc.
Therefore, I am always ready with any worse situation I can imagine, because when I am already with these situations, I can have solution and enough calm to keep my funds.
Activity: 202
You must be holding Bitcoin because only this way your strategy can work for you always. Being a trader of digital assets, sometimes it really becomes difficult to take decision like whether to sell out or hold so the best solution for Catering with the situation is to set up a target and when that target is achieved, sell out some of your coins and later on buy them again at low price
Activity: 238
I personally sell my Bitcoins at the time when I get 50-60 % of profit. Everyone does the same for selling bitcoin. You never know about untold and unwarned financial crisis and to overcome them, you are supposed to sell off bitcoin. Personally I am in favor of setting targets with bitcoin and sell them off when you reach your targeted value and if we look at the current situation of bitcoin
Activity: 77
Merit: 0
I sell when I have already made some good profits as holding altcoin longer can be risky as you never know when price can crash so its better not to get greedy and be satisfied with the profits that you have made as you can buy it when price goes low in future but I don't have any plan to sell my bitcoins right now
Activity: 518
Merit: 101

What's your strategy?
I sell the bitcoin I have when the price reaches the target I want, I will not regret it if the price is better than my target, because I know that this is a risk that I will face.
Then I will wait for the bitcoin price to go down to buy it again, and will set up another target price when I sell.
Activity: 266
Merit: 16
Will for me it's depend if I see that it is enough value for me I sell it right away. If you bought at the price of bitcoin will crashed into $7k -8k I'll sell it when it is enough price for me I sell it example whem it reaches $15k or keep it holding.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
For me, it depends on the holder reason for selling.. even it is high or low if the people need money they will sell it with no doubt at all.  But in normal people, my advice is set goals and targets prices or each sell. Learn to read charts and also check the circulation on the market if it is good to sell. Read news know what is happening. Go for good.
Activity: 413
If necessary, I simply supply my bitcoin after I have numerous nice benefits. i'm not sorting out freeze since it'll simply outcome in huge misfortunes. the problem is i personally do not contemplate giving bitcoin as some good thought. The method that bitcoin showcase prices square measure increasing day after day is confirmation of this that holding will assist you in profiting.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
When you understand that the project is not very popular and the price is more then in ico or equal so in this case i always sell everything
Activity: 700
Merit: 553
We should learn how to buy first. Then we will know how to sell them in the market. Research also the coins that you are buying if it has a potential to grow. Follow the news in crypto and learn from others. Also learn from your own experience. That's the way of  trading.
If necessary, I just offer my bitcoin when I have various great advantages. I am not searching for freeze since it will just outcome in immense misfortunes. The issue is I myself don't consider offering bitcoin as some smart thought. The way that bitcoin showcase costs are expanding each day is confirmation of this that holding can help you in profiting.
Activity: 546
When every single person starts recommending to buy a coin I mostly try to find my exit point from there on. Cause once you see FOMO in the market its usually the top and is created by whales to dump their coins. Also you need to keep a watch on the order book and look for big sell walls and how easily they are being broken. If there is resistance means it wont be easy to surpass that price point.
Activity: 364
For me as long as i gain profitt already i will sell it right away then buy again when dump i dont want to stress myself too much on trading..  But the ones i know have big potential coins ill keep it for a while then trade when hit high price in market..

If needed, I only sell my bitcoin when I have a number of good benefits. I am not looking for panic because it will only result in huge losses. The problem is I myself do not think of selling bitcoin as some good idea. The way that bitcoin market prices are increasing every day is proof of this that holding can help you in making more money.
Pages:
Jump to: