Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell? - page 8. (Read 14650 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
February 27, 2018, 08:47:12 PM
I set the selling price before I buy and stick to the selling target.
Activity: 386
Merit: 100
February 27, 2018, 08:17:03 PM
you can follow the chart and the news about coin to deiced when you will sell your coin , and the best time to sell when you need a money Wink
yes it's all about money, someone will hit the selling button if he already needs it, because we never know when the time the money will be needed at the right time. then the sell button will always call us any coin price in the market

I always decide to sell if the coin I have will reach a big amount, I am contented as long as I know that I have totally get profit ,that is why having a job while doing crypto is great because if you have passive income you never think to sell your coin just of money needed.
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
February 27, 2018, 07:48:57 PM
I think there is no formula about the right timing to sell your coins. Maybe its just right to listen to your instincts. Just dont buy in to fomo and keep on reading whats going on in the comunity of the coin you are trading. Keep an eye on some indicators and be prepared to dump all your coins. You never know what might happen
Activity: 252
Merit: 102
February 27, 2018, 02:30:29 PM
When i buy a coin, i set an price when i want to sell it. And the price of the coins is set depens on how high i buyed, the market cap and the total supply. When theres a low supply and low market cap at the time i buyed the coin, its possible to make a bigger growth then when the coin has a high supply and high market cap. Sometimes i sell my coin when i see its pumped or hyped, because i know there no reason why it should at the moment.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
February 27, 2018, 02:24:15 PM
I sell if the chart is dead, and no development, you know  crypto is really dump and pump so better select good fundamental coins to invest or else you will wipeout!. So stay focus and know your limits. Goodluck
Activity: 672
February 27, 2018, 12:44:41 PM
you can follow the chart and the news about coin to deiced when you will sell your coin , and the best time to sell when you need a money Wink
yes it's all about money, someone will hit the selling button if he already needs it, because we never know when the time the money will be needed at the right time. then the sell button will always call us any coin price in the market
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
February 27, 2018, 12:22:13 PM
Well it depends on what is your plan with your trade. If you invest it for long term then I think you shouldnt be worrying it. If day trader then apparently within the. I usually take profit if it hits 5-7%. This will be a more realistic target. Search for a volatile coin and have a good volume so that you can get out easily. For midterm I think 20-30% is sufficient enough but if I am  anticipating news that may give a big impact to the coin then I just set a stop loss then if it gets higher then I just adjust my stop loss. As they always say have a trading plan before entering any trade.
but for this you need to have a good patience in order to expect a better moment. If you chose such a project, which is sure about 100%, then everything should turn out without the slightest problems. But How to choose the best investment in the market?
Activity: 378
February 27, 2018, 11:57:52 AM
Well it depends on what is your plan with your trade. If you invest it for long term then I think you shouldnt be worrying it. If day trader then apparently within the. I usually take profit if it hits 5-7%. This will be a more realistic target. Search for a volatile coin and have a good volume so that you can get out easily. For midterm I think 20-30% is sufficient enough but if I am  anticipating news that may give a big impact to the coin then I just set a stop loss then if it gets higher then I just adjust my stop loss. As they always say have a trading plan before entering any trade.
Activity: 196
Merit: 16
February 27, 2018, 07:40:06 AM
I think this is were you should try to develop your skills because you must understand were to buy your coins and when to sell the coin, your skill in managing this two foregoing is what will determine your trading success. I do sell my coins when a pin bar appear in my candlestick chart for any position I have entered be it positive or negative. We should invest with the right mind and we would succeed in what ever we do.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
February 27, 2018, 06:53:03 AM
In my opinion, It will depend on the person when he or she decides to sell the bitcoin. Everyone has own plan to sell their bitcoin, so if you need the money and there are no ways to have money, so that is the best time to sell your bitcoin or altcoin, no matter what is the price convert it to the fiat. As long you have the money don't convert to fiat because the movement of the price on the markets change we don’t know when it will raise again.  At the end you  are the one will decide to sell or to hold.

it is all depend on the person that is true like me when i sell i look unto the price before i decide to sell or not like today my decision is that i will not sell because of too low the value of bitcoin , as long as i can be frugal in handling my fiat i will , because it is full of regret if i sell and then the price started to go up again .

How many time a day you look into bitcoin price mate? Is it not wasting time?
In my opinion, set our goal and set pending order in exchange will help us not to be greedy.
Activity: 706
Merit: 250
February 27, 2018, 03:45:06 AM
It is depend on the situition in the market by reading some news and other channels that could get you some information about your holding coins, but for me i rather to sell when i see that i had 30 to 50 percent of gain from my capital i will sell it right away.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 03:03:40 PM
Well you won't clearly know when to sell them because everyone wants more when the price goes up you might have doubts if to wait for more or sell them immediately
Activity: 840
Merit: 268
February 26, 2018, 02:32:09 PM
I decide when it's time to sell when I started gaining profits. For example, a short trade, I gained 10% out of a free signal. There goes, I'll sell my asset. It is clearly on your part whether you wanted to sell or not but I might hodl it for a bit if the signal told me that I will gain a little more.
Activity: 202
February 26, 2018, 02:27:58 PM
Mainly focus on volume but you do have to also take into consideration the market sentiment and how the fundamentals are holding up. Given these 3 aspects you can make an accurate decision on when to sell or not. Lastly, know you are going to make tons of mistakes and that nobody is perfect, that will make selling a lot easier because it will reduce the pressure to not screw up.
Activity: 361
Merit: 106
February 26, 2018, 02:08:09 PM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
Well my strategy for selling my token is just a matter of when the money is highly needed for me andif not even the price is higher I can still hold it up until future comes because I know time's roll and roll then the price more higher in the right time.

No, if you are a trader, you must to take profit when you have huge profit or high profit per day. Example you can earn 20% within few hours because the price of that crypto pumped by FOMO. That is the time for you take profit, hold just make you miss chance to buy that crypto at low price again.

holding and wait when would be the best time on it is some of the strategy that they may have for when they are able to earn some profit yes we all know that this is may hard to know for but making this for you to be able to have some profit is best for it.
Activity: 223
Merit: 250
February 26, 2018, 01:24:31 PM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?
Well my strategy for selling my token is just a matter of when the money is highly needed for me andif not even the price is higher I can still hold it up until future comes because I know time's roll and roll then the price more higher in the right time.

No, if you are a trader, you must to take profit when you have huge profit or high profit per day. Example you can earn 20% within few hours because the price of that crypto pumped by FOMO. That is the time for you take profit, hold just make you miss chance to buy that crypto at low price again.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
January 21, 2018, 02:15:47 PM
In this regards you will see a lot of sites and forum but the best forum is bitcoin talk.org forum. There are a lot of people who will guide you very well as they are having experience about it. Price of bitcoin use to increase and decrease according to my experience and knowledge price of bitcoin is almost about 12k it is not very high so it is important to wait more till it go more high then you will be allow to sell for having big profit from bitcoin investment so it is time to buy not to sell.
Activity: 1153
Merit: 252
January 21, 2018, 05:51:20 AM
Activity: 170
Merit: 46
January 21, 2018, 05:18:03 AM

What's your strategy?
Activity: 648
Merit: 502
January 21, 2018, 05:02:43 AM
I would say it's situational and logical decision to sell Bitcoins at any given point.

Nobody wants to have a loss on their investment, so wait until you achieve a handful of profit to your investment and analyse the trend closely before selling, sometimes your profit might be higher than expected.
Yeaa it actually will always conditional , you cannot just set certain limit for no matter what reason.
It will only ruin your trading decision , sometimes you can only did it spontaneusly , not with a planned one.
I mean you need to have a good analysis skill to be able predicting the future market , otherwise it will always based on speculation. Buy and sell it follow the trends? That is the most simple way.

I doubt that even a good skill can predict the prices. And yes the only thing that one can do is the analysis of the present market. Trading is based on millions of decisions and sometimes the way of how people ride (individual, whales, small or big traders) make the waves or surf the waves.
Follow the trends? Well said.
I've been on a bunch of traders but there is no one that can really tell the outcome. All are speculations.
So it is better to speculate?
I think it's better to be always updated on the latest news and the latest updates of the platform you are following.
Only trust legit channels and news.
And of course put up some work hours. If you wanna be a trader monitoring every single corner of the trading platforms are very important IMO.
Pages:
Jump to: