Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell? - page 6. (Read 14650 times)

Activity: 696
Merit: 258
It depends on what is your target and what is your timeline to sell. For example if you want to invest for a certain period then you need not watch all day long and periodic check once in a week is sufficient. If you are concerned about the price as target, yes you need to check once in a day at least but do not panic when price goes down and wait for the good price to reach but fix up a target price like x5 times or so to sell so that you won't miss huge profit. 
Activity: 196
Merit: 16
If I see that the coin that I have and it will increase the price first i will check the buy orders so I can know if many buyer want to buythat coin if you see more maybe the coin you bhave it will increase more so you can hold it again. But its up to you if you want to sell it or not. Because if you choose selling is also good because you make profit is good. Holding coij again is also good because you can make more profit.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?

In all of my trades im setting my sell order on 20 to 30% gain. I prefer a small profit and it works for me.
- Your profit goal is quite safe, but sometimes that will make you miss out on a lot of profit, so I suggest you have a wiser strategy, and with my experience, I think you should evaluate the information that helps the coin rise, then decide the profit goal. Analysis of news is very important in trading, it will have a certain impact on our profit, in addition, to optimize profits, we need to divide the total number of coins into multiple parts, sell with higher and higher prices, it will help us avoid regret when prices exceed our expectations
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?

In all of my trades im setting my sell order on 20 to 30% gain. I prefer a small profit and it works for me.
Activity: 378
Basically I am used coinmarket cap for choosing any coin to buy and sell. when ever a coin would be much more dump I do buy this coin and then when ever that coin will be pump I do sell. I am following this formula for my trading.

I think you are not choosing the right path for selecting the coin because we have to check complete details about their growth and developments. In CMC there are many Pump and dump coin so don't choose those coin you will lose your money fastly. Try to find the potential coin in order to be safe and to make money with your investment.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
You sell when the price is trading at your target price. And if you are selling during bear market,  you could average down to buy more and sell when there is any percentage increase from 10%.
Activity: 294
Merit: 36

What's your strategy?

In my case, I decide when it's time to sell when a certain coin has reached my set profit goal. Usually, I set my margin between 30-50%, so when a certain coin reaches that profit margin, I will begin to consider if its time to sell; however, I don't just jump the gun and immediately sell it when I see that that margin has been reached. I also check how the coin has moved in the passed days or weeks because there is still that possibility of it continuously increasing in value, it may give a return already, but as always, the more the merrier.
Activity: 103
I do not know what exactly when to buy or sell. i just follow the market and choose the suitable time when i have gotten profit or i wanna cut loss
Activity: 952
Merit: 274

What's your strategy?
You should have always target price for you to consider that it is now the time to sell your coins. My strategy in trading is I buy a coin when price is low and I will sell it if the price of the coin exceed in 10%.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
Basically I am used coinmarket cap for choosing any coin to buy and sell. when ever a coin would be much more dump I do buy this coin and then when ever that coin will be pump I do sell. I am following this formula for my trading.
Activity: 168
Well it depends on what is your plan with your trade. If you invest it for long term then I think you shouldnt be worrying it. If day trader then apparently within the. I usually take profit if it hits 5-7%. This will be a more realistic target. Search for a volatile coin and have a good volume so that you can get out easily. For midterm I think 20-30% is sufficient enough but if I am  anticipating news that may give a big impact to the coin then I just set a stop loss then if it gets higher then I just adjust my stop loss. As they always say have a trading plan before entering any trade.
but for this you need to have a good patience in order to expect a better moment. If you chose such a project, which is sure about 100%, then everything should turn out without the slightest problems. But How to choose the best investment in the market?

Why dont we need to be worry if we invest long term? Long term also has very high risk so please dont deny it.
We need to worry about both investment, long and short. With our worry, we are expected to becareful with our decision.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 264
bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON
i think some time long holding also gives problem and that is not good just check the news and mostly people reaction what they are doing then decide what you want do exactly so need learn more what is going on in the market where we can get the own decision what we want no need be panic.
Activity: 462
When you are monitoring the value of price and when it's having a pretty good value of price then sell it. Trading it's not easy but when you are monitoring the value of coins then it's good to sell.
Activity: 196

What's your strategy?
If what you want is to maximize the amount of profits you get with each trade there is no other way than to day trade and for that you need to watch the charts most of the day, I know it is not the answer you are looking for but that is the only way to make sure you get all the profits you possibly can especially with something as volatile as bitcoin.
Activity: 140

What's your strategy?
We can see that bitcoin prices have been fluctuating continuously over the past few days, and at the moment the bitcoin is at $ 11400 and is still failing to break through the 11800 level. $. So I think you should sell bitcoin at this time because the bitcoin price will probably drop sharply in the coming days.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 761
Burpaaa

What's your strategy?
Trading is difficult but more profitable plartform on crypto currency.So most of the trader or expert trader alwys focus on https://coinmarketcap.com/ other crypto news site because crypto like a game if you miss the chance you get lost but control emotion and hold asset and sell high you are gainer.Many people bought low price but maximum time coin are dump and they donot try to hold and sell their asset and upsate for this so first make a target price when you sell your asset
I'd been doing that selling long before and it regrets me that I did sell them at such price,soon those whose doing it will realize that there are coins that really worth to hold. I just do holding now.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I think that's really up to you. Having a sell strategy is better than having none, regardless the situation. Buy at the dip and when prices have gone up, sell when it's good enough for you. I usually sell during 10-15% increase increments and is willing to change that depending on the news.
Activity: 238

What's your strategy?
You can see that the market over the past few days is fluctuating extremely complex, it can be seen that the price of bitcoin is constantly changing and fluctuating in large amplitude, it shows that this is the opportunity to we can trade. The bitcoin is currently at $ 11,200 and is heading toward $ 12,000, if it goes through $ 14,000. So if you do not pass the $ 12000 milestone, sell the bitcoin.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

What's your strategy?
Trading is difficult but more profitable plartform on crypto currency.So most of the trader or expert trader alwys focus on https://coinmarketcap.com/ other crypto news site because crypto like a game if you miss the chance you get lost but control emotion and hold asset and sell high you are gainer.Many people bought low price but maximum time coin are dump and they donot try to hold and sell their asset and upsate for this so first make a target price when you sell your asset
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
True but what I did since I am not able to decide at what price I need to sell my coins, I set them at a certain price dividing them to 4-5 set of orders in just one coin. I know it really sounds absurd and ridiculous but at least it won't be a huge pain in my arse to think I sold them too early or too late. But it always works on my end though, so I still stick to that strategy until now.
Pages:
Jump to: