Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell? - page 9. (Read 14650 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
January 21, 2018, 04:10:44 AM
I set a profit margin of almost 8% or 18% and as soon my invested coin reaches that price target,then i just sell my coins and complete the trade.Some don't set such profit limits and they simply follow the price rise thinking that it would continue to rise and suddenly when it gets dumped,then they suffer a huge loss by selling their coins at much lower price than their bought price.

It all depends on what price I bought. If I'm happy with the profit, I'm starting to sell. If I start to incur a loss, I sell at the minimum loss value.
The best thing which can help you in selling your coins at the best suitable time and that too without having no worries is to make something in your mind like the profit which you want to make at the time of selling your bitcoins.

You need to have something in your mind that you will not sell your bitcoin until and unless you will not get this much of money by selling your bitcoins. This will help you in making better decision.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 20, 2018, 01:19:04 PM
When it come's to trading, my only basis for my time of selling is my greed. Which is case to case coz we are different people. I believe when the price hits and satisfy my greed i believe it's good enough. I'll be not thinking even though there will be a breakout after that. Try it it really helps and stress free as a trading practice. It's a matter of satisfaction they say, profit is profit.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
January 20, 2018, 12:21:54 PM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?

A very good question and therefore a thread, which I will continue to follow! Just looking at how coins like Next, Ripple, Stellar have performed lately, my hodl has not been the best strategy, so it is interesting to read about how others are making the decision if they should continue holding or sell and lock in the profits.
Activity: 204
Merit: 11
January 20, 2018, 11:46:37 AM
When i buy a coin, i set an price when i want to sell it. And the price of the coins is set depens on how high i buyed, the market cap and the total supply. When theres a low supply and low market cap at the time i buyed the coin, its possible to make a bigger growth then when the coin has a high supply and high market cap. Sometimes i sell my coin when i see its pumped or hyped, because i know there no reason why it should at the moment.
Activity: 249
January 20, 2018, 11:46:01 AM
Whatever i thought about before i bought them , if i bought a coin because i think it can be worth $100 and it is $50 i won't sell because i think it will go higher. Even if i have already gone x10 .
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
January 20, 2018, 11:41:14 AM
For me as long as i gain profitt already i will sell it right away then buy again when dump i dont want to stress myself too much on trading..  But the ones i know have big potential coins ill keep it for a while then trade when hit high price in market..
Activity: 235
Merit: 11
January 20, 2018, 10:39:10 AM
I decide when my investment or my capital has already profits, a big profits because this is our goal for to have a good profits in the future. Sometimes just look the graph of your coins then mark already what is your desired value of your coins and set it already there in this way you can earn a good profits too. There are many ways to know when you will sell, just read and research about it.
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
January 20, 2018, 10:19:13 AM
That is excellent questions.
If you are doing trading you need to see situation of BTC graph. Mark a value on graph at which you have bought BTC and then define your limit that how much you want to earn. So after that you need to judge price graph as you understand that now price can give you your define profit then you can sell.

It's impossible to find an exact sell point to realize your exit plan, if you have any. I generally check price charts and see if it's a good exit price. Then I can decide to sell or not.
Activity: 336
Merit: 121
January 20, 2018, 10:10:36 AM
That is excellent questions.
If you are doing trading you need to see situation of BTC graph. Mark a value on graph at which you have bought BTC and then define your limit that how much you want to earn. So after that you need to judge price graph as you understand that now price can give you your define profit then you can sell.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
January 20, 2018, 09:46:00 AM
I set a profit margin of almost 8% or 18% and as soon my invested coin reaches that price target,then i just sell my coins and complete the trade.Some don't set such profit limits and they simply follow the price rise thinking that it would continue to rise and suddenly when it gets dumped,then they suffer a huge loss by selling their coins at much lower price than their bought price.

It all depends on what price I bought. If I'm happy with the profit, I'm starting to sell. If I start to incur a loss, I sell at the minimum loss value.
Activity: 140
Merit: 16
January 20, 2018, 06:43:07 AM
Depends on the coin you are holding, with bitcoin you really dont sell it per say, you just let it do its thing, remember its going to go up and down but everyone main objective is to get it going up in price, so just hold on and enjoy the ride. Dont pull out every time it dips, even if its a large dip, it will eventually bring itsself back up.
Activity: 1044
Merit: 103
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
January 20, 2018, 04:42:38 AM
I would decide if I am satisfied with the price and it's profits. For me, As of now I will hold it for a long time because everyone felt being safe in bitcoin  investment. Maybe I will decide in this year or next ir even in a 2020, but it's too long enough to wait. I will hold this for now,  and when it's the time I will totally sell it so I could have my desire price and even a higher desire.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
January 20, 2018, 04:12:48 AM
I think trading in crypto by trading analysis is very hard.The behaviour of crypto market is harder to predict than stock market in my opinion.I usually set sell order at margin of 20 % for normal crypto and 30 -40% when certain crypto in hyped in that period.
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
January 20, 2018, 03:59:15 AM
For me i will consider the price before selling.I will assure that i gained a small profit.Read news about the market movement and if see that i will gain a litle bit money thats the time i will decide to sell.

If you sell without any profits -> There are two chances -> You are a dumbass / you clearly forgot to put a stop loss.

Those are the only reasons, but i do not like to sell my cryptos, maybe that is the reason of why i have a lot of useless tokens on my MEW; it is like something usual for me.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
January 20, 2018, 02:45:41 AM
There is no way to know which is the right moment. Usually, if the price goes up parabolic, any moment is good to sell, because the price could tank back any moment. You will often regret to have sold too early and to have gained less than you could have, but that's better than to have sold too late and to have actually lost money...
Yeah! That exactly is the dilemma of crypto market that it offers you chances for making money at large scale but you don’t know the time limit.

The best technique for dealing with this situation is to set some target for yourself and when you reach it, sell off your coins for enjoying the profit than holding them back in wallets with greed for larger profit. Mostly you lose this way because we all know the end results of being greedy.
Activity: 175
Merit: 0
January 18, 2018, 09:08:40 PM
For me i will consider the price before selling.I will assure that i gained a small profit.Read news about the market movement and if see that i will gain a litle bit money thats the time i will decide to sell.
Activity: 588
January 18, 2018, 06:05:46 PM
For me, I think setting a limit price for my trading is the best way to get profit without fear of it being dumped. Cause looking at the price chart at all day in the continous rise in price, a time might come where there will be a dump, and then one faces loss. Good plans for buying and selling with price margin.
I practically do the same. If I have achieved the goal set in the canon, then this is right for me. I will never watch the maximum of any coin price, because in the next minute, As soon as I start to act, the price may fall.
Activity: 625
January 18, 2018, 04:38:55 PM
For me, I think setting a limit price for my trading is the best way to get profit without fear of it being dumped. Cause looking at the price chart at all day in the continous rise in price, a time might come where there will be a dump, and then one faces loss. Good plans for buying and selling with price margin.
Activity: 798
Merit: 117
January 17, 2018, 06:48:49 PM
In the first place i'm not greedy. i'm going to sell if i want to. the important here is i know how to enter the market and sell it off when the market is bullish.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
January 17, 2018, 06:26:05 PM
I do not know how others, but I sell a coin when it has already made a few X's and already has a large capitalization. Plus, if I found a coin with a lot of growth potential, which can grow much more if you buy it at the moment and put it off for half a year or a year.
The main thing is not to sell a few days before the release of good news on the coin, it is necessary to look at the roadmap.
Pages:
Jump to: