Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you determine a good ICO project? - page 6. (Read 1381 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 1
September 23, 2018, 02:09:19 AM
I define a good or bad ICO project by the product of the project. First, can the product or service of ICO be implemented to the end and reach the goal. Secondly, is it possible to develop this product or service and the need for this product in a long time. For example, after 5, 10 years.
Activity: 62
Merit: 0
September 22, 2018, 06:25:56 AM
mainly according to people's opinions
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
September 22, 2018, 06:23:45 AM
The first thing to look for in a project is thet quality of the team, there are alot of fancy whitepapers out there that won't amount to a thing and people have started realising this now, why do I need to enter a car when the person sitting on the drivers sit can't drive, if he tries to, the car would crash
LOL Cheesy good explained, thanks dear
I really love that analogy used by mummybtc. ICOs are simply more like a car and the team being the driver of the project, and you sure certainly do not want to be involved in a team that apparently does not look like one that can deliver and is just there to get you burned.

Investing is a huge ball game and it takes being careful and the ability to use knowledge and information to discern where you want to be putting your money or not. It is as simple as that. No team, no MVP, no vision, then there is no investment opportunity in front of us and hence we must move on to analyze the next available project. We must have multiple rounds of iteration so that we can filter out what we actually look for. Time is money we must need both time and money to multiply our wealth into another level of being wealthy.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
September 21, 2018, 05:19:09 AM
I will make investment decisions through analysis of many aspects!
  - Is the white paper detailed?
  - How strong is the team?
  -Partner
  - Project sales method
  - Does the project have innovations and needs?
Activity: 60
September 21, 2018, 05:18:46 AM
The first thing I would suggest is going to their website and looking at their development team. You should see a picture and a REAL name to go along with it. If their website lacks leadership information then consider it a red flag, you do not want to invest in an anonymous team...

Once you do find them, search for them online everywhere... find their LinkedIn and see what level of credentials they have, what have they worked on and what have they accomplished? Who are their partners? Have they worked together in the past? Etc, etc, etc. Perform as much research on them as you can, you’re not just investing into the coin’s technology… You’re investing in the team.

Also, read the whitepaper. Here you will find out all of the information on the companies plan for what they’re trying to accomplish, how they will use the money, how many coins their team will hold for themselves, and more. Try to make sure the company isn’t too overly optimistic about their goals and visions, as this may raise a red flag as well. The whitepaper may be a boring read, but it is necessary to do.

Another thing you can do is read the ANN thread on Bitcoin Forum - Index. This is just a message board where people discuss cryptocurrencies.

There is a good trick you can use when searching for ICOs on the message board, and that is to search the name of the ICO with other terms such as “scam” or “con” along with them.

If a post is flagged with these terms you can read into why it is.
Activity: 290
September 21, 2018, 05:15:33 AM
It's a very hard question. Ehere are too many nuances in this matter. Many simply do not soar and watch what the majority chooses, while others watch the actions of some famous person in this industry. And only a minority try to independently analyze this or that ISO. If you are a beginner, it is better to use the first two options, but if you yourself want to choose ISO, then I would advise you to carefully read the whitepapper. From it you can in principle understand everything, but you can also study the team of creators.
Activity: 112
September 21, 2018, 05:13:46 AM
Nowadays too many scam project just to cheat money, how u guys determine is it a good project?
1. Read up on the ICO as much as possible
Check the ICO’s website, read the whitepaper, browse through their team page (the most important!) and even check their social networking pages and channels.
2. Guaranteed Profits
An ICO needs to be as straight as an arrow and not try to push an investor into taking part in its project by ensuring profits.
3. GitHub does not include the ICO’s source code
If your ICO has an empty code repository, that proves that the so-called professional team is lazy and unwilling to perform their best for the company. An ICO would never bow down to the challenges of the public, and will always want to improve that the solution is valid enough to function.
Don’t fret if you’re not an expert in coding, merely check if the repository is active and is receiving regular updates.
4. Unthinkable Premines
Premining allows an ICO to give tokens to a select few people before the crowdsale goes live. It is usually to reward project contributors, developers, and investors. However, if you notice a majority being offered pre crowdsale, you have caught an ICO that is trying to draw with their shrewd tactics of stealing your money.
Activity: 294
September 21, 2018, 05:13:14 AM
Nowadays too many scam project just to cheat money, how u guys determine is it a good project?

You will never determine a good ico unless you read the white paper so it was very necessary to check the platform of the project before investing a huge amount.
Activity: 78
September 21, 2018, 05:06:16 AM
The first thing I would suggest is going to their website and looking at their development team. You should see a picture and a REAL name to go along with it. If their website lacks leadership information then consider it a red flag, you do not want to invest in an anonymous team
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
September 21, 2018, 05:05:02 AM
There are so many ICOs in the market. To find a good ICO you need to do a thorough research on parameters like official website, core team, whitepaper, the ICOs social media presence and pleasantries.

You can check the list of upcoming and ongoing ICO at Latest Bitcoin News and ICO Press Release
Activity: 113
September 21, 2018, 05:01:16 AM

By checking out their website, whitepaper, details of the project. The numbers of their participants and investors. (Their Community), telegram channel participants. Social media account, the project's demand level, target sales cap and more importantly, their road map.
This is only based in my experience but feel free to find other useful ways to determine a good and legit ICO.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 397
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
September 21, 2018, 04:59:59 AM
For me,the main indicator that a startup is not a fraud is the presence of MVP.If the developers can provide it before the ICO launch or during the ICO,then personally for me it means that the team is really focused on work,not just on fundraising.
Maximizing the products that they will offer is indeed an important thing to be able to give confidence to investors to be able to dare to invest in cryptocurrency
Activity: 3
September 21, 2018, 04:58:13 AM
There are so many ICOs for sale right now and the experts that can tell you which is the best ICO to make good profit are too few. The task to find the best ICO is really difficult.. unless you know what signs to look for.

ICO stands for the initial coin offering and it’s the first available chance to get involved with a digital currency. It’s usually offered as a pre-sale before being placed on the exchange. The price per coin is lowest during ICO as the coin hasn’t been tested by the market yet, so it gives the early adopters a good possibility to make good profit when it goes out.

In today’s article would like to tell you about the signs of a good ICO that you should be looking for if you want to make real money.
#1. Hype in crypto communities
#2. The available supply
#3. The token price
#4. The developers team
#5. The problem that the coin is going to solve
Activity: 645
Merit: 100
September 21, 2018, 04:56:14 AM

Pay attention to team, idea and what has already been done (MVP)
But, as I already wrote you in another topic, now you need to be very careful with ICO  Wink
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
September 21, 2018, 04:51:37 AM
For me,the main indicator that a startup is not a fraud is the presence of MVP.If the developers can provide it before the ICO launch or during the ICO,then personally for me it means that the team is really focused on work,not just on fundraising.
Activity: 105
September 21, 2018, 04:44:28 AM
for me, first of all , they have to have a working platform down before anything else. good community, strong project idea, available developers willing to take questions and not just get vexed every time a question about the future is asked. Though a project having all these can still be scam, but it is considerably lesser risk by the time you factor in all these requirements.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
September 21, 2018, 04:44:01 AM
There are so many ICOs in the market. To find a good ICO project you need to do a thorough research on parameters like official website, core team, whitepaper, the ICOs social media presence and pleasantries
If you are looking at the official websites, whitepaper, or social media presence, those are things that can easily be bought.

However, what is very important when it comes to ICOs is to be able to identify a project with a very solid team, that looks like they are absolutely ready to work and not just because they want to make some quick bucks, and then see if there is any minimum viable product which simply shows they are really working even before the ICO, and then every other thing can come into play.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
September 21, 2018, 04:41:32 AM
I just choose the one that seems to me successful and promote it to hope for a good result
Activity: 70
September 21, 2018, 04:40:03 AM
First of all, I pay attention to the team.If this is not known and not very clear people(in the sense of it is not clear from what area they came), then I immediately remove this project from my field of view,and of course look at the idea itself,and analyze how much it is really to perform and whether it is needed at all in the community.
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
September 21, 2018, 04:36:02 AM
There are factors that I consider to determine if the projects are good like ; if they had a good management team, having big partnerships with other platform/s, the number of people in their community and if they had reached their goals according in their timeline.
Pages:
Jump to: