Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you learn about new altcoins? - page 8. (Read 1722 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
November 03, 2018, 08:42:18 AM
There are also many places where you can get information about cryptocurrencies! For example, telegraph groups, the latest Youtube videos, and some hunting platforms!
The best way to get information as far as I am concerned is to do your own research. Of course, it is a big market and I am sure a lot of people will ask how to be able to filter out what to check and this is still where research comes in.

There are so many articles online that discuss altcoins and even on this forum, which is basically why we have the altcoin section of the forum. All these would give you some information on something new and then you get to see what people are really talking about, and then pick out those ones and do proper research on them to see if they have long term prospect.
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
October 31, 2018, 03:36:51 PM
Most of the coin every details I found from here. Also all best project I can find in this site. Sometimes I found some projects from rating site.
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
November 02, 2018, 05:32:01 AM
ICO rating sited like ICObench, ICOdrops is a good way to know about projects. but the best way is know proper people who tell you proper projects.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037
November 02, 2018, 05:19:07 AM
With research and through word of mouth...we must look for coins that are not ico or bounty but people are too stupid for this....I regret I did not get bought coins like litecoin,vertcoin or viacoin when they were very very low in 2015...there is a good dose of luck of course, but you must always do your own researches...for example watch Elicoin in livecoinwatch , is not an ICO or bounty... it's a coin with low mc, low supply, PoW whit cpu, no premine, active dev...only trading it on CREX24 for now...do you own researches in the thread in bitcointalk: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anneli-elicoin-cpu-mining-only-exchange-available-3028302... people are too stupid for DYOR and got scammed by ICO or bounty...just my 2 cents...hope it helps...cheers
Basically for me, it is always with research, and I get to always familiarize with what is being said on the forum too at times or on review platforms like ICOBench, and then do my own diligence afterwards on the new altcoin and then see if it is something that is going to be worth investing in or not.

Like you said, it is always necessary that no matter where you are getting news of some certain altcoins, or new altcoins, as long as you are a long term investor, you really want to be sure that what you are holding is going to be worth the risk.

There are basically some coins or tokens in the market right now that are not worth the risk, and with some research, I have actually noticed recently that some are even undervalued, for instance COSS.
Activity: 397
Merit: 101
October 31, 2018, 02:53:58 PM
At this time you will find it very easy to find some information about the new Altcoin, you just have to type it and surf the internet so there will be a lot of information from several sites that appear. But behind that we must be able to distinguish between right and wrong.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 31, 2018, 02:36:21 PM
The best way is actually using this forum. Read their announcement thread. Go through their website. Go through each developers profile (LinkedIn) and you will get to know the team better. See how committed they are. Check if the coins are some clones of other or not. See what people have to say over here. Getting to know about the coins through some articles will actually mislead you (since most of them might be paid, so they tend to be biased).
Activity: 994
Merit: 138
October 31, 2018, 12:24:04 PM
Apart from this forum, we can learn about altcoins on some sites that discuss cryptocurrencies such as coinbase. In addition, there are several news sites that discuss cryptocurrencies such as CoinDesk, Cointelegraph and CCN. There we can also see news about prices, regulations and developments around the world of Cryptocurrency.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
October 31, 2018, 11:36:33 AM
nomarlly i read their whitepaper, so we can know how about their project, good or bad.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
October 31, 2018, 12:10:40 PM
Frankly speaking, I think bitcointalk is the best place to learn about altcoin. The other places are advertisements in coinmarketcap, ico rating websites, twitter and social media apps. In any case, I will still refer to bitcointalk Ann thread after finding new coins in other channel.
Activity: 308
October 31, 2018, 11:35:15 AM
Aside from here, where else?

You have to read white paper, profiles and everything that is related to the altcoin. this is a must if you are interested in investing or want to trade. I can recommend for you if you want to see many altcoins that you can learn, marketcap can be an option for research
Activity: 298
Merit: 10
October 31, 2018, 12:04:17 PM
There are many sources of information. Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, Google, various ICO evaluation sites, various discussion groups, etc. can get all the new coins you need.

Activity: 468
October 31, 2018, 11:52:19 AM
I only learn new altcoins from here, that's just altcoins from the bounty program. because I dont interested in investing in new altcoins, so I didn't really continue to study altcoin.
but to find out about new altcoins, I usually depend on notifications from the exchange.
Activity: 504
October 31, 2018, 11:42:11 AM
I do not remember any new valuable altcoin from 2017. But if I want to learn more about the market I just reading the cryptocurrency news - there are always an information about interesting projects.
Activity: 105
Merit: 4
October 31, 2018, 11:29:08 AM
Reddit cryptocurrency subreddit is a good resource, along with ccn.com, telegram and this place. The crypto podcast genre is growing pretty rapidly and is also worth checking out.

Once you find out about certain ones, read their whitepapers, roadmaps, find out about their team and see if they're legit and bring something useful to the table. If there isn't too much discussion going on about it and they don't have a community, it's probably worth ignoring.
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
Kuvacash.com
October 31, 2018, 11:28:09 AM
There are many ways to learn about new alts, and I think these general tips can help you when you look for any information on the web, the first thing is to google said alt and try to look for external results, that is people outside the project that only give their opinion, youtube and twitter are also good options for this, as there are people who are dedicated to investigate alts in depth to know if they are good or not.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 656
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
October 31, 2018, 11:25:01 AM
Basically, I learn more about the altcoins in this Bitcointalk forum. however, actually there are many other sites that present the news and information about the altcoins. Moreover, we can meet many exchanges and market. We can also learn about the coins over there. Including CMC, Idex, Binance, and other exchanges. Additionally, I can also learn about altcoins from the telegram community and other social media. they are awesome to provide inofrmationa bout altcoins.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
October 31, 2018, 11:06:57 AM

With the help of social net working sites and above all from here (bitcointalk) we can learn about the new altcoins.
Activity: 420
October 31, 2018, 10:57:23 AM
When I see a new altcoin appear, I find the keyword in google and read everything related to it. There is a lot of information if we are interested in something, I read them on twitter, facebook, medium ... all social networks talk about that altcoin
Activity: 1134
Merit: 342
October 31, 2018, 10:57:01 AM

You can find new alts from here mean Bitcointalk forum. If you want you can look at Altcoin Announcement section. Almost all new project post here  about their new project.

Here is the link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0
Activity: 2100
Merit: 174
October 31, 2018, 10:54:36 AM
The internet is unlimited resource. There are various sites I visit to be updated in new alts like youtube, twitter, reddit and facebook. Include some ico reviews like icobench, icodrops and icoalert.
Pages:
Jump to: