Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you manage your risks? - page 39. (Read 25683 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
October 06, 2018, 09:15:00 AM
those who love to risk do so. I like to invest in long-term investments. this year is a very volatile year, so trader won very well.

the best way to manage risk is to demonstrate patient behavior. the logic of the stock market wins patiently.  Cool
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
September 30, 2018, 04:19:47 PM
For me my basis in buying altcoins is the project of the altcoin itself since there are so many altcoins out there it's hard to pick one. So what I do is that, if the coin is still in the development stage and has many potential in the markets that's when I invest in it.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
September 30, 2018, 04:17:53 PM
Contrary to what majority might suggest to do especially in loss, I use stop loss to at least cut my losses. Don't be blinded with the HOLD mantra, instead of lossing everything it's better you loss a little.
Activity: 182
Merit: 20
Diceroll.xyz
September 30, 2018, 04:12:24 PM
I tend to invest in BTC, BCH, and ETH. Whenever I see my portfolio going up then I sell some amount and wait for the next one, if it goes down then also I sell and again buy with new bottom and wait for the next high. Sometimes used to follow sell 50% profit and wait for the remain 2x but this one good in long-term if bull run continues like last year.
Activity: 142
Merit: 12
September 30, 2018, 04:05:06 PM
When the prices are low in the market i hold my coins and avoid investing unless it is bitcoin and i join bounties instead .
Activity: 336
Merit: 11
September 30, 2018, 04:00:44 PM
I want to know how you relate the risks to profits?
What is the determining factor for you to sell or buy coins?
How many of you are trading short-term?
I trade in the medium-term strategy and I analyze the chart and the project whose token or crypto currency I trade. The most important rule is to put stop loses and not be greedy!
I trade only with the Tagged tokens that I earned with the help of the Bounty campaign. Maybe I do not have much knowledge, but nevertheless I will never sell ponies at favorable prices.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
September 30, 2018, 03:49:32 PM
For me when I first started investing I noticed that when the time came it was hard for me to sell coins because I did not know the price that I wanted to sell the coins at but now what I do to make the whole process easier is once I buy the coins, at that moment I put a price on them that I want to sell the coins at. This helps to determine when to sell the coins.
copper member
Activity: 153
Merit: 0
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
September 29, 2018, 05:33:04 PM
I trade in the medium-term strategy and I analyze the chart and the project whose token or crypto currency I trade. The most important rule is to put stop loses and not be greedy!
Activity: 644
Merit: 111
September 29, 2018, 04:37:37 PM
I mostly stick to long-term investments. It's less risky for me. I'm waiting for the price to go up high enough to sell. Of course, buying a coin is always risky. So for each of my coins I can have different strategies. It also reduces risks.
copper member
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
September 29, 2018, 04:24:42 PM
I trade daily with stop losses and trailing stop loss, taking profits along the line. Used to hodl but that is not really profitable now due to the condition of the market at the moment.
Activity: 504
September 29, 2018, 02:57:51 PM
In short term trading I used only 500$ but if I'm in long term trading and I want to used 1500$ to more potential that i will earn real big money.
Activity: 442
September 29, 2018, 05:47:45 AM
I am learning how to trade intraday, and hodl is not a good way in a bear market (unless your cost is low). So I think it is very necessary to learn short-term trading, and once we have mastered such skills, we can understand more trading methods, which is the most needed skills in the market.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
September 29, 2018, 04:55:45 AM
There are quite a lot of risks in the crypt. A lot of things depends on market conditions. When the market is on the rise, I try to invest more. I try to trade cautiously. The most important thing is to pay attention to technical analysis, which can give you quite good forecasts.
Activity: 602
Merit: 144
September 29, 2018, 04:20:11 AM

The risk management is personal and the purchase level is determined by the type of currency: for example for an ico i would buy after a -70/80% if the project is good. (which is probably the price where the private investor have bought)
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
September 29, 2018, 04:07:22 AM
if you don't bag hold altcoins you automatically reduce your risks that you are taking in this market by a huge amount. because in short term the altcoin market is a lot more predictable than it is in the long term because of its lack of potential and because how the pump and dumps work in real life.
you can't escape the risks of pumps and dumps so what i have been doing or at least trying to do is to reduce the risk by reducing my exposure to the unexpected part of the dumps.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING
September 29, 2018, 03:57:44 AM
In trading we do not need to get a lot of profits, so we can freely get coins quickly. Trading by looking at short-term opportunities is riskier and this must be balanced with a long-term investment so as not to be disappointed if you lose trading days.
Activity: 684
Merit: 250
Early Funders Registration: monartis.com
September 29, 2018, 03:51:25 AM

Actually many of us suffering the risk relate in profits.
Many factors for us to maintain a good quality in knowing what is the best thing we do in different ways either sell or buy a coin.
A lot of traders knows best they are simply communicate in some other part to reach out there goals.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 504
September 29, 2018, 03:38:50 AM
Limit losses to be able to overcome if you do not want to get losses in trading because of course if it does not do it will be the same can not manage our trading finances
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
September 29, 2018, 03:29:20 AM

if I personally would definitely buy a coin when the price goes down and sell it when the price increases 5% to 10% of the price I buy, I take a small profit because I just want to take a small risk, because if I wait for the profit I get by 20% or more, the risk for the price to fall is very likely to occur, so I better sell it when I get a profit of 5% or more (maximum 10%) to make my money safe.
I think by taking a 10% profit for the current market situation it is already very good because it reduces the big risk, and I also use the same thing. Wink
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 12
I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum
September 29, 2018, 03:15:22 AM

if I personally would definitely buy a coin when the price goes down and sell it when the price increases 5% to 10% of the price I buy, I take a small profit because I just want to take a small risk, because if I wait for the profit I get by 20% or more, the risk for the price to fall is very likely to occur, so I better sell it when I get a profit of 5% or more (maximum 10%) to make my money safe.
Pages:
Jump to: