Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you store your bitcoins? - page 27. (Read 92212 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 274
Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.
January 02, 2018, 07:09:18 AM
I store it in my wallet online specifically in coins yet I do not hold it for a longer of time. Everytime I earn bitcoin I directly converted it on my country's currency because I have a fear of losing it without having spending it. It would glad if I lose it in a sense of I spend it. Well, I only play safe in this world eventhough I know it is protected I know hackers are hackers they work to hack so even if it somehow protected they always find a way to destroy the barrier so it would be more safe if my money is in on my hands.
Activity: 701
Merit: 136
XAYA - THE ULTIMATE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM
January 02, 2018, 07:08:04 AM
My bitcoins where i hold and dont trade i store it in two safes. I split the private key in two parts. One in the safe at my house, the other part in the safe in my bank. I also know my private key from memory. So i need the wallet paper just in extreme emergency cases Wink
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
January 02, 2018, 07:02:47 AM
Im recently storing my bitcoins to online wallets as they are not that much to be stored in hard wallets like bitcoin core or electrum, but if i have enough  bitcoins for storing then i will store them in my pc in electrum and bitcoin core wallets, i hope they will be safe there.
Activity: 550
Merit: 10
January 02, 2018, 06:59:10 AM
theres too many websites where i can store my bitcoins and i hold it because im waiting for a higher price when im going to sell my bitcoins.
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
January 02, 2018, 06:48:31 AM
i store my little bitcoin in blockchain wallet , and in exchange like bittrex , and i will check soon the hardware wallet i think it's best options for holders.
Activity: 364
Merit: 117
January 02, 2018, 06:30:32 AM
I store my Bitcoin on both online like coinbase and offline like hardware wallet. Mostly on the offline wallet or paper wallet though.
I don't trust online wallet but still using them for BTC payment is easy.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
January 02, 2018, 05:58:09 AM
Well my wallet dont stands more then a week with some balance as i need to pay my bills and get some credit to my faucet balance ,besides those all my income is being invested at poloniex that is a huge company and no im not trading i just lend there my money on their safest lending service,soo in the end instead  i be waiting to bitcoins reach or hit 800 dollars i keep earning all days more and more satoshis.
Activity: 19
January 01, 2018, 02:18:17 PM
I store my Bitcoin with strong password which will be made by difficult character.
copper member
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
January 01, 2018, 01:57:14 PM
You can store your BITCOIN as you want .But i want to tell you that the online wallet is a bit less safer than the offline wallet because how much it may be secured but there is always a chance of hacking and as we know technology is very much advanced and many are very trained in hacking.
Activity: 118
January 01, 2018, 01:49:43 PM
I keep most on an old mobile device, not connected to the internet and is just kept on my drawer with some passcodes needed before you can open it. Idk of that's a great thing to do, but I find it easy to send in times of need than a paper wallet.
Activity: 56
January 01, 2018, 01:49:19 PM
So far I keep in the coinbase and safe, as long as you have 2FA then hacker attacks to break into your account will be more able to minimize.
copper member
Activity: 700
Merit: 120
Gamdom
January 01, 2018, 01:40:36 PM
I store some of my btc in coinbase and also i store some of my btc in electrum wallet.But i am planning to store them in a hardware wallet in near future.
Activity: 179
Merit: 106
January 01, 2018, 01:32:07 PM
In a paper wallet In a lead box inside a safe that's inside a bigger safe behind a wall in a locked room that requires iris scan after voice recognition which is before the palm scan. All that behind a door in my spaceship on my yacht at my private island.
Activity: 518
January 01, 2018, 12:49:57 PM
It would be safer if you keep it in trezor or paper wallet, because it will be far from the reach of hackers. Web wallet is good, but is there a warranty if the website is hacked by someone?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
January 01, 2018, 11:29:07 AM
I hold my bitcoins online at Coinbase. Even seems not secure in the first view this is only an impression and not a fact. Seems that the online wallet are the less secure but if read all the data given about this matter offered by Coinbase understand the right meaning that the word "secure" has for this business. I am writing some. First must be told (even this has nothing to do with the security but with your pocket) all the fee-s of the sent of bitcoin are paid from Coinbase. Then they store 98% of customer funds offline. Offline storage provides an important security measure against theft or loss. They distribute bitcoin geographically in safe deposit boxes and vaults around the world. And at the end (for more you can go yourself at their website) Coinbase is insured against employee theft and hacking in an amount that exceeds the average value of online bitcoin it holds at any given time. Specifically, Coinbase's insurance policy would respond in the event that bitcoin stored in Coinbase was lost or stolen as a result of a breach of our physical security, cyber security, or as a result of employee theft. Coinbase has held this insurance since November 2013 with highly rated carriers (S&P rating of A+ or A.M. Best Rating of A XV or higher).
Activity: 5
January 01, 2018, 11:28:27 AM
Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?
You should keep your bitcoin in cold storage, it is the safeties way.
if the bitcoin is in a cold storage no one can touch it.
Activity: 514
●●
January 01, 2018, 11:26:09 AM
I save my bitcoin in my online wallet to store it in blockchain because I think this blockchain is really the safest wallet I believe with blockchain until now I use it.

Many people are convincing on the wallet blockchain and I am using it at this time.
Activity: 269
December 27, 2017, 08:17:21 AM
I save my bitcoin in my online wallet to store it in blockchain because I think this blockchain is really the safest wallet I believe with blockchain until now I use it.
Activity: 424
Merit: 108
December 27, 2017, 06:50:54 AM
i mostly have my BTC on paper wallets in a safe, but i do keep a small amount in breadwallet just for showing people and send small amounts.  I think for long term storage paper wallets or offline hardware wallets are the way to go, the difference being paper wallets are free, which i like Smiley
I actually store my bitcoins in one application wallet which is coins.ph. This wallet application is really trusted becuase there is so many ways for you to become verified and as a storage of bitcoin i will recommend this app. But is only reliable and applicable to those users who actually needs php because this app can convert you btc into php so that you can withdraw it.
Activity: 648
Merit: 502
December 27, 2017, 03:56:28 AM
I use a mixture of ways to store my bitcoin I wouldn't want to be one of those ones that lost everything.I store my bitcoins in my cold storage and in my online wallet.

What cold storage> ? I'm using ledger Nano but I'm still wondering how long this hardware is going to last, they are just like flash drives and of course the materials have some depreciation, it would be better to always diversify the storage. I'm using electrum when in terms of BTC storage, My Ether wallet for altcoins and trezor for long term holding. And to have some bank rolling Im using different kinds of exchanges, previously Im using bittrex but there are some problems in withdrawal limit and there are reports that some accounts are being lock and the support are not replying so I guess it is always better to run around your funds and alway be updated on what s happening on every storage. The only thing that can protect our wallet is our own protection and how we store it whether it is cols storage or online or desktop wallets.
Pages:
Jump to: