Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you store your bitcoins? - page 28. (Read 92212 times)

Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
December 27, 2017, 03:17:53 AM
I do have a MEW, which I kept my keys on a separate storage device, and another one which is a mobile app for BTC. I seldom use both since I'm still studying the currency and its flow. I guess once I understand it fully (at least the main concept of how to improve my BTC/ETH earnings), then I can have another wallet, maybe a paper wallet, which is more safer.
MEW are for Ethereum and its tokens, I have a lot of tokens which I stored in different MEW address, I am doing that to be safe so if one address
will be hack I have the other. Whether its bitcoin or ethereum, we have to do the best to secure our funds.

Activity: 138
Merit: 12
December 27, 2017, 02:05:54 AM
I do have a MEW, which I kept my keys on a separate storage device, and another one which is a mobile app for BTC. I seldom use both since I'm still studying the currency and its flow. I guess once I understand it fully (at least the main concept of how to improve my BTC/ETH earnings), then I can have another wallet, maybe a paper wallet, which is more safer.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 27, 2017, 01:52:47 AM
This is really just a piece of paper with your public and private keys printed on it, which can be used to access your bitcoin. If you don't plan on touching your bitcoin for a while then a paper wallet is a good option. Just make sure you put your paper wallet somewhere very safe—and then don't forget where it is.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
December 26, 2017, 03:41:36 PM
I store my bitcoin in my wallet, actually I have a small amount of bitcoin so I don't need any high quality bank or wallet. I can store my bitcoin in my wallet.
I like to keep my coins on an online exchange. It's a little unsafe though it feels good to trade coins whenever I feel like it.
Bad idea my friend that option is very practical but you only need that the exchange closes its doors, turns into a scam, gets seized by the government or that they close your account and then you are going to lose all your coins in the blink of an eye and you will never get them back.
Putting bitcoin in exchange is convenient specially when you are a trader but then its not safe to put it there at all because exchange site can do whatever they want if they want to trick people. Its better to put bitcoin in exchange if you are going to trade after the trade withdraw it right away to be safe.
If you are a trader then by all means use their wallets if you do not then you will not be able to trade at all but the issue is that you should only keep the amount of bitcoin you trade, once you are done trading then you need to withdraw your money, I know that you need to pay a lot in fees but that is way lower than losing all your money.
Activity: 364
December 26, 2017, 01:35:42 PM
i dot have too much bitcoin

i use two coinbase account to store them .. if you have good amount of bitcoin you can use offline wallet
Activity: 434
December 26, 2017, 01:34:38 PM
if I personally save all my wallet.dat files like 10 different USB sticks offline. I have done this since I first started Bitcoin. This is the best choice for me. Simply time-consuming updating of each wallet file because I have so much and they need to be stored in all the sticks again. Better to be safe than sorry. After our missing data do not happen
Activity: 446
Merit: 13
December 26, 2017, 01:09:41 PM
Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

Hi there yellowcat1771! I prefer to make three different wallets and a offline hardware wallet so that in case of hack events happen I have still some bitcoins that could help me to recover. Oppositely, if I ever lost my hardware wallet I have still an online wallet to cover up. But what I like most in online wallet is its ability to transfer more conveniently than hardware wallet. And lastly, I never store my bitcoins in my computer fearing that when the drive goes corrupted the bitcoins come with it.  Wink
Activity: 700
Merit: 14
December 24, 2017, 01:13:26 PM
I use a tezod wallet to store bitcoin. and mew purse for ethernet coin. That is the best choice
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
December 24, 2017, 01:11:36 PM
I always keep my coins in my online wallet. But I have 3 accounts in my wallet, and there is an account that I always use to buy or sell coins. this means that I keep the coins in another purse. I mostly use my Android device. I think that people should use the best antivirus so that its information about the purse is not hacked.
Activity: 294
December 22, 2017, 02:09:14 PM
May be this is a bold publication here, but i save all my eggs in one baskets, electrum knocked out Linux, i own the seed, even though i lose my password i can yet recover my maintenance as soon as the seed. i don't know how this can be hacked without anyone knowing the seed or password, in view of that far off and wide it hasn't and i have hopes it will remain this showing off.
Activity: 462
Merit: 260
December 22, 2017, 09:24:47 AM
I store my bitcoins in a wallet i would recommend to use blockchain, coinbase, coins.ph and myetherwallet because those are the best to use blcokchain is very secure for your bitcoins and ethereum and myetherwallet can help you save your tokens and other altcoins. And my favourite wallet is coins.ph because it is very safe wallet for me because if you send a bitcoin to another coins.ph address the fee is free and can cash out, paying bills, buying load and easy to use that's why the coins.ph is my favourite.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
December 22, 2017, 09:21:30 AM
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

for now I'm saving my bitcoin in my wallet and I hope it will stay safe there, but I use it a lot for trading and investment
Activity: 154
December 22, 2017, 09:17:19 AM
I accept large payments through Electrum and smaller payments through Blockchain. Then I store a larger number of bitcoins in the cold storage and smaller quantities in paper purses.
Activity: 582
An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.
December 21, 2017, 01:20:09 PM
Bitcoin is the online currency and if we want to store we can store it through internet with the help of this facility we can use it every where and we can access our money from everyplace. with bitcoin some people can use it for illegal use as well. but bitcoin can not store like paper money and like other currencies the prices up and down with regularly.

Yes paper wallets are excellent.

One thing I do with paper wallets is I intentionally put code words and numbers that I know are not part of the private key in the beginning and in the end.

For example if your dogs name is bingo You can do this:

0gN1b

This will throw of anyone that may find your private key. Smiley

Activity: 87
December 21, 2017, 02:48:59 AM
That's why companies like Luno are founded - not just to make it easy for you to buy, sell, and use Bitcoin, but to keep it safe. We do this by saving your private key.
Activity: 43
December 21, 2017, 02:35:09 AM
Bitcoin wallets store the private keys that you need to access a bitcoin address and spend your funds. They come in different forms, designed for different types of device. You can even use paper storage to avoid having them on a computer at all. Of course, it is very important to secure and back up your bitcoin wallet.
Activity: 420
December 21, 2017, 02:13:22 AM
If I get Bitcoin that I will definitely keep in my VIP Bitcoin purse, because there security is guaranteed and has 2 security is sure .. We do not need to monitor our wallet if Bitcoin balance we have put into VIP Bitcoin, therefore the wallet is safe is a Bitcoin VIP.
Activity: 686
Merit: 510
December 21, 2017, 02:07:09 AM
I stored it in my online wallet then eventually I will cash it out in popular remittances in my country. I want to store it exchange site like hitbtc, cryptopia to allow me to have a bitcoin fork. Is it safe to store my bitcoin in a trading site? I want to earn bitcoin fork in my wallet, is this possible to do that?
Activity: 196
December 21, 2017, 02:02:15 AM
I store my bitcoin in differents wallet. However, In my home country most trusted and safe bitcoin wallet is coins.ph and spreading out your holdings you protect your it by reducing your exposure to any one wallet being compromised.
Activity: 34
December 21, 2017, 12:42:32 AM
Hmmm me i mostly store my bitcoins in online based wallets like coinbase and blockchain because i feel more secured with this online wallets.Also i have some bitcoins stored in my usb drive that is been in kept for me for about almost 3 years already.And i think storing in your usb or pc is better than storing on online wallets because everything in the net is vulnerable
Pages:
Jump to: