Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you store your bitcoins? - page 31. (Read 92212 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 10
December 06, 2017, 03:24:50 PM
It is pretty safe if you will store it in different online wallets. Mine is stored in paper wallet, coinbase and electrum. But it is very safe if you will use hardware wallet which no one can stole it from you unlike in online storage.
I use paper wallets to store my bitcoins... i have around 7 -10 wallets now, I use multiple just to make sure the others are safe when one wallet is hacked. I don't have much coins though, but that's the safest way i could think of right now to keep them safe.
Activity: 308
December 06, 2017, 03:22:47 PM
First of all i am currently holding ethereum coins and i use MEW to hold my coins because this is the wallet that is being suggested by most of the traders then i am exchanging my coins to liqui.io to btc because it is more reliable than bitrex.
Activity: 168
December 06, 2017, 03:20:49 PM
Its too much risky to store you bitcoin on online wallets. Anyone can hack into your account and stole your bitcoins. Its better to purchase a hardware wallet or use software wallets. I my self use these wallets and always secure to being hacked. I mostly suggest people to use theses wallets instead of using online one.

I must agree with you here. Try to store your coins as far as you can from Internet. The internet is the only thing that links you with the thieves.
Activity: 223
December 06, 2017, 03:13:55 PM
I store my bitcoin in online wallet.Now a days online wallet is very safe.And i prefer Coinbase
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
December 06, 2017, 12:31:07 AM
I'm only using Electrum offline wallet to store my Bitcoin cause it's free, I don't have to pay anything to use Electrum and I still can control my private key. But if you want to keep your Bitcoin safer I think you should use coldstorage wallet like Trezor, but the price of this kind of wallet is a little bit high at the moment.
Activity: 356
Merit: 100
December 06, 2017, 12:19:03 AM
For me I store in my personal wallet I think its safe from my wallet and he did not stole my bitcoin  and safest my wallet
Activity: 364
Creative & digital marketing agency
December 04, 2017, 01:12:06 PM
I usually store bitcoin in online wallets, i know it is more dangerous but i need every transactions fast and convinient, so i choose storing bitcoin in online wallets.
Activity: 415
Merit: 250
December 04, 2017, 01:05:21 PM
Its too much risky to store you bitcoin on online wallets. Anyone can hack into your account and stole your bitcoins. Its better to purchase a hardware wallet or use software wallets. I my self use these wallets and always secure to being hacked. I mostly suggest people to use theses wallets instead of using online one.
Activity: 476
Merit: 111
December 04, 2017, 03:22:05 AM
Some at Blockchain.info, some at Jaxx.
Activity: 854
Merit: 251
December 04, 2017, 03:16:41 AM
Many cases of bitcoin theft even though there is security. I am now trying to use the original wallet of bitcoin. when i want to sell bitcoin i will just transfer to the excanger. this will be safer than we store our bitcoin in the exchanger
Activity: 140
Merit: 15
December 04, 2017, 03:14:18 AM
I store my bitcoin to my online wallet which is i think is better than others
i think first you need to install antivirus in your pc or laptop.because through this way you can be safe from any type of virus and bugs which affects to your security of wallets .in my opinion online wallets like block chain or coinbase are safe only but still hackers are scamming in online wallets. Better you would go ahead with offline wallets, paper or cold storage to keep it safe. That is the thing i know online wallets can be unsafe but i have had a small amount in blockchain.info since i started here. I say small but we are talking a couple of btc. If you have just a small amount then as you say they are safe enough. When you get to 5 and above btc that is when send to cold storage just to be sure.
Activity: 252
Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI
December 04, 2017, 03:13:37 AM
I use a mixture - I have some paper wallets stored in a safe

I have a few bitcoin on my main computer using elctrum wallet

I have .4 ish bitcoins on my Iphone

I have almost a bitcoin on blockchain.info

I figure its good to spread it around (it helps me sleep safer at night)
This is a beautiful advice. I think that is what i am going to do. Thanks
Activity: 354
Merit: 11
December 04, 2017, 03:07:19 AM
I store my bitcoin to my online wallet which is i think is better than others
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
December 04, 2017, 03:07:00 AM
I put them on cold storage. That's for me the safest way. I do have some on exchanges though. So i can use when i want to buy cryptos. I chose bittrex for storing some of my coins and i never had experienced losing any.
Activity: 244
Merit: 100
December 04, 2017, 03:05:01 AM
Basically most of the time i used paper wallet and i think this is very safe wallet.There are some very trustworthy exchange so i think you can store your coin in exchange.Hardware wallet is also best and secure.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 286
December 04, 2017, 03:03:27 AM
i mostly have my BTC on paper wallets in a safe, but i do keep a small amount in breadwallet just for showing people and send small amounts.  I think for long term storage paper wallets or offline hardware wallets are the way to go, the difference being paper wallets are free, which i like Smiley
I actuay store my bitcoins in my wallet. My application wallet on my android phone. It is an application named coins that you can store bitcoin and can convert into peso. I have also onlime wallet an eth wallet to be specific which can actually store my eth tokens or any tokens that i get in the signature campaign i joined.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
December 04, 2017, 02:49:32 AM
Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

I store my wallet backups on a Corsair Flash Survivor Stealth usb. It's water-proof, shock-proof, etc.

I bought a Ledger Nano S hardware wallet on Black Friday so I plan to start using that too.
Activity: 938
Merit: 517
December 04, 2017, 02:14:58 AM
I am using a Trezor for storing my Bitcoins.I like it a way more like the Nano Ledger.
But the first years I stored them just on a normal Wallet with hundreds if Wallet.dat backups.
Activity: 59
December 04, 2017, 02:12:52 AM
We don't really have to debate on which of which offline wallets or cold wallets are best. If you are trying to compare some like electrum, coinomi, multibit, blockchain, etc... Mostly they are the same​ kind, same software that holds your private key and let you manage your coins. You can transfer your address on some of those stated walllets above. And to be honest, no matter what software you use if you are so careless as hell you might lost all your coins. So talking about offline wallets, they are just the same. Just make sure that you are downloading your software only in its official site. Nonetheless the security of the funds always depends on the user.

And talking about online wallets, just don't trust them when it comes to hoarding coins. Third party wallets will always be third party, and you will never know when will they shut down. Use them only for trading purposes and not for holding some.
Activity: 196
December 03, 2017, 01:37:33 PM
I keep my bitcoin in my wallet
Pages:
Jump to: