Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you store your bitcoins? - page 38. (Read 92212 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 100
November 12, 2017, 02:00:50 PM
Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

I keep my bitcoin in a wallet that is saved in my flash drive and in my laptop just in case something happens to either one of them, at least I have a copy of my wallets to both. I have this trust issue when saving things online because as a computer major, I know the capability of a computer and programs when used by a person good with computers.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
November 12, 2017, 01:33:29 PM
So mostly everyone think that the most secure way to store the Bitcoin(s) are using a paper wallet? yes they are secure, it is getting more reliable if you are using the multisig approach

Are paper wallets actual paper wallets? Also, what's a multisig approach if you don't mind me asking as I am really curious to know how to properly safeguard my bitcoins.

Activity: 322
Merit: 11
November 12, 2017, 01:20:35 PM
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

I had my Ledger nano s wallet - i store few bitcoins here.

also i do maintain few bitcoin on blockchain account.

little portions i hold in paper wallet.

I much prefer on my offline wallet as much i can store, that keeps me a stress relief from hackers.

Online wallets just an ease to make the bitcoin transactions.
Activity: 101
November 12, 2017, 01:11:16 PM
I store it using my wallet but I have some of it at my other wallet so if in case my other wallet will be hacked then I will have some.But I also invest it so that it will grow and  be able to convert  it into some cash for many purposes.
Everyone is storing their coins in their specific wallets. That is plain obvious, but by answering 'how to you store your bitcoins' is quite very specific and straightforward. A very good question indeed, this will help new people here in the community.

Having multiple wallets is quite good but, being hacked is on human error. You might not confirmed all the necessary things to have it secured or you used a not so good wallet.
Activity: 63
November 12, 2017, 10:56:15 AM
I store it using my wallet but I have some of it at my other wallet so if in case my other wallet will be hacked then I will have some.But I also invest it so that it will grow and  be able to convert  it into some cash for many purposes.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
November 12, 2017, 10:54:05 AM
Keepkey, trezor and blockchain.
Activity: 84
November 12, 2017, 10:46:59 AM
I store my bitcoins, in a online wallet because to secure my bitcoin.
If I have more bitcoins I would put them in a cold storage or a paper wallet so that it could be safer.
Activity: 360
November 12, 2017, 10:38:23 AM
There are many different types of wallets to choose from to store bitcoin such as wallet and wallet online. But I chose the paper wallet to contain my bitcoin. I find it quite safe and easy to use
Activity: 130
November 12, 2017, 10:37:27 AM
I used to use Jaxx but they proved to be problematic when they took forever to support BCH. Also, I had a few bugs and problems and so I decided to move to Ledger Nano S, and it's really great!
Activity: 56
November 12, 2017, 09:45:03 AM
I stored in coins.ph because coins.ph is safe wallet and you can do anything like load to your cell phone and instant cash out or cash in if you want buy bitcoin.
Activity: 13
November 12, 2017, 09:26:44 AM
I am only planing to start use the BTC. And think, that it will be better to store mainly voluem in cold store and any little balance on the online wallet? Isn't it?  Huh
Activity: 316
Merit: 101
The Winner Stands Alone
November 12, 2017, 07:07:20 AM
only in online wallet, just in case I need real money soon I can exchange it, or I intended to do small trading. While keep it, I also looking for profit Smiley . but if someday I got a bunch of bitcoin maybe cold storage become my priority Smiley
Activity: 196
November 12, 2017, 06:48:00 AM
currently what im doing of my bitcoin is keep them on the exchanger like VIP bitcoin. because right now, the balance of my bitcoin its nothing like lambo or else  Wink maybe if they grow up a little bit that can make me feel worry, i thought of another plan to make it safe by spread the coin into some devices wallet  Smiley that's what i can thought of #CMIIW
copper member
Activity: 882
Merit: 110
November 12, 2017, 06:47:27 AM

I kept it online and on a mobile wallet. 2fa security is enough cause im not a whale.
Activity: 180
November 12, 2017, 06:40:27 AM

I keep it where I want it. I dont always put in my wallet, maybe for some altcoin that I invest long-term I save the wallet. but not for bitcoin, I always play in the trade to find every profit.

I also keep my bitcoins with different methods. some is paper wallet, some is electrium. and for alt coins I mostly have erc20 eth based tokens so I'm using different mew wallets to store them.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
November 12, 2017, 06:32:20 AM
There are a lot of way to store your bitcoins. There are three most known first is online storage in online wallets, second one is to download the wallet on your desktop and store your coins there. Third one is hardware wallets like that of trezor.
Activity: 644
November 12, 2017, 04:52:39 AM
I'm using Coins.ph to store my bitcoins it is safe and reliable. It is easy to withdraw and you can pay your bills. But the safest is the offline wallet because there is no way the hacker could hack it.
Activity: 528
November 12, 2017, 04:46:04 AM
They say that the offline wallets is the safest bitcoin wallets. I think it is true because hackers can't hack the bitcoins inside the offline wallets. But you may try also the online wallets like coinbase and coins.ph .  
Activity: 1918
Merit: 370
November 12, 2017, 04:45:47 AM
For me, i usually store my bitcoins in a virtual wallet because its so much more accessible and you can easily exchange or withdraw bitcoins.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
November 12, 2017, 04:39:54 AM
in my observation it is good to save your earning in our bitcoin wallet which can gives you other income because the price of bitcoin is still increasing then you can earn by doing trading method using your bitcoin wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: