Pages:
Author

Topic: How is Bitcoin different from Etherium? - page 10. (Read 2019 times)

Activity: 659
Merit: 101
In my opinion, bitcoin is like gold in internet world and its used for store of value and used for peer to peer transaction. Ethereum mostly used for bussiness purpose and thats why most token in market using ethereum smart contract
Well you can say both of them are being used under business and individual level. Bitcoin is also an effective element in business and it is being used in foreign counties where bitcoin is legal. Where eth is mainly used as non-business thing as far as I know. May be this is wrong but I have got this over internet. Whatever coin it is, just use them for your own betterment and get things done.
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
although its bitcoin values are higher than etehrum, but demands on etherum are not inferior to bitcoin. as altcoin which becomes the biggest platform for bounty campaign, will automatically make etherum become more holders.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
yes of course the bitcoin and ethereum are very different, the bitcoin has a coin which has a maximum supply limit of 21 million pieces of bitcoin and no longer exhausted, whereas ethereum has a very unlimited supply so it makes ethereum very much its supply and differs considerably bitcoin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Btc and ETh also cost their transactions in different ways ,in eth it is called  gas and costing  of transactions  depends on their storage needs while in btc  the transactions are limited  by the block size and they compete equally with each other,

Eth is that it is not just a digital currency, it is blockchain based  platform with many aspects, it features smart contracts.
Activity: 501
Merit: 147
Activity: 575
Between these two projects there are many small differences. As the average time of each block of Bitcoin is 10 minutes and Ethereum is 12 seconds. The faster block generation means faster transaction confirmation.
The transaction costs of Ethereum and Bitcoin are also quite different. In Ethereum the cost for the transaction depends on their storage needs, complexity, bandwidth capacity. Also in Bitcoin the transactions are limited in each block size and equal with each other.
Activity: 951
Right. I still think Bitcoin or Ethereum is a long term investment solution for you. I think both will be very well developed in the future. When Bitcoin has long appeared and has an irreplaceable standing position. In addition, Ethereum is a platform, a new digital currency, it's perfect, it meets all the needs of users and has the potential to grow in the future and be able to overcome both Bitcoin. So, I still prefer ETH over Bitcoin a lot

Yes that is true both Bitcoin and Ethereum is a long investment but all I can say that they are just differ from the value of the price. Although they have the same functions in the community just like paying bills in different areas that can be accessable.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
obviously different. in terms of value alone is different. that's all I know
Activity: 812
Merit: 260
Ethereum with smart contract is powerfull platform for bussiness. Ethereum is good long term investment. Recently i am reading online media that some analys make prediction ethereum can reach $2500 end this year and $15k on 2023.
Do you have the link to those predictions? Because I would like to read why do they think ethereum can reach that huge price at the end of the year when we are in the middle of a bear market, and if they do not give convincing reasons I will probably never read anything from those persons again, I'm bullish in the long term for ethereum and the whole market but in the short term things are not looking good.
They are different in platforms and concepts but if you will simply tell this to a stranger or to another person that you are encouraging to join as well, you will tell them that they are just the same, that they are like money in the internet!
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
Ethereum with smart contract is powerfull platform for bussiness. Ethereum is good long term investment. Recently i am reading online media that some analys make prediction ethereum can reach $2500 end this year and $15k on 2023.
Do you have the link to those predictions? Because I would like to read why do they think ethereum can reach that huge price at the end of the year when we are in the middle of a bear market, and if they do not give convincing reasons I will probably never read anything from those persons again, I'm bullish in the long term for ethereum and the whole market but in the short term things are not looking good.
Activity: 182
Merit: 16
Activity: 154
The blockchain network of ethereum and bitcoin is where all the difference between the two coins initiates , the coin of ethereum is one which supports its own cryptocurrency on its blockchain and as well as other small cyrpto currency or altcoins whereas bitcoin blockchain network is too large to support any other coin
Activity: 116
Merit: 2
Earn with impressio.io
Bitcoin on one hand being the pioneer is much more widely accepted in the financial market than Ethereum and hence has a more market capital. Ethereum works with a more advanced technology and hence has a more developed blockchain and secure cryptography.
While Bitcoin is currently used just as an investment asset, Ethereum is more versatile and is used as a token for smart, decentralised applications and also is used as a platform for posting new ICOs.
I still feel that bitcoin is better than etherum in all aspects, compare the statistics, growth graph, the valuation, popularity, the potential, number of investors of bitcoin and etherum and I think bitcoin is superior in all these aspects, though etherum worktop more developed technology and has more developed block chain but still bitcoin always has upper hand over etherum and moreover people find bitcoin more trust worthy and profitable than etherum.
Actually this might be hundred percent right in your point of view and many others as well but not hundred percent right in many others. The thing is, every person comes here with different mindset and sense of trading or investing. So to some, this eth gets maximum attraction and for others this comes at second place after bitcoin. Both are amazing just depending upon what you want.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Bitcoub was the first crypto currency of it's kind but Ethereum is one of the most useful. I mean even on exchanges we convert alt coins to Ethereum first then bitcoin. Yes also, Bitcoin is like gold totally decorative, ethereum however is much more useful. I also believe that Ethereum will one day reign supreme over all crypto currencies. 
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
The most obvious thing different from bitcoin and ethereum is with ethereum we can keep hundreds of tokens, this is because ethereum is sophisticated and can be used for tokens, while bitcoins can not be used to create tokens like ethereum, so I think ethereum is better than bitcoin.
Activity: 11
There are some technical differences in technologies that support the Bitcoin and Ethereum platforms, but in the early stages of this project, they are more or less the same. As these projects will grow, the differences may become much more tangible and can influence the direction of their own goals.
 Another important difference is the amount. The amount of Bitcoin is limited to 21 million, but the number of Ethereum is not limited to a certain amount.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
bitcoin is the mother of cryptocurrency. The first time digital money is bitcoin, after that it is his followers. it is what distinguishes the bitcoin with eth and other alt coin. outline is equally cryptocurrency.

Actually, btc and eth they are vastly different projects and have different intentions, bitcoin has emerged as a relatively stable digital currency  while eth aims to encompass more, with eth just a component of its smart contract applications,
Activity: 1512
Merit: 326
Now many projects are based on ethereum because of its blockchain technology. Bitcoin is very fast in its growth and Ethereum takes time to show its growth. Both are good for investment so Bitcoin and Ethereum are both good coins for investment. Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency while ethereum is next to bitcoin. Bitcoin is suitable for long-term and short-term investments. But Ethereum is only for long-term investment

no. there are many projects based on ethereum and many merchants accept it as payment. of its use and function are also many different. ethereum with its platform can create a token for the offered project. and transactions in need of gas. so actually a lot of difference in bitcoin and ethereum.
both of this coin is really good option for investment
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
In a nutshell they are all digital currencies.

They are all digital currencies? Could be, depending on how far you can stretch your definition of a digital currency. Ethereum & co technically aren't supposed to be used outside their own ecosystem. They are all crypto currencies? They aren't. Bitcoin and Litecoin are pure crypto currencies, where Ethereum and all other rubbish have to be put in the category of regular tokens, equity tokens, utility tokens, etc. Other than that, Ethereum is the first after Bitcoin to become actually successful and maintain and even increase in value throughout the years, which despite my dislike towards Ethereum, is quite an impressive achievement.
Pages:
Jump to: