Pages:
Author

Topic: How is Bitcoin different from Etherium? - page 6. (Read 2019 times)

Activity: 1988
Merit: 254
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
August 09, 2018, 12:37:46 PM
The basic difference between bitcoin and ethereum is:
1. Ethereal blast time is 14 to 15 seconds, while bitcoin is 10 minutes. The faster block generation means that a transaction will be faster.
2. The number of bitcoins is limited to 21 million. That means: every 4 years the reward of each bitcoin block will decrease by 1/2. Meanwhile, Ethereum does not limit the number.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
August 09, 2018, 11:45:13 AM
To simply understand about the BTC and ETH, i will use the nickname of them, BTC- blockchain 1.0 and ETH is the blockchain2.0. Although BTC has alot of disavantage such as: low transaction, high fee, not secure... but i think it will sit at the TOP 1 in crypto in the long time and if you want to get the profit, you can invest in it.

Activity: 602
Merit: 105
August 09, 2018, 06:45:56 AM
bitcoin is the mother of cryptocurrency. The first time digital money is bitcoin, after that it is his followers. it is what distinguishes the bitcoin with eth and other alt coin. outline is equally cryptocurrency.

Bitcoin and Ethereum are for the cryptocurrencies as the USD and EUR are for real (centralized) currencies. It remains to know who is who in this comparison. I see Bitcoin as the base-currency. It serves as a reference for others, including Ethereum. On the other hand, the Ethereum, if it oscillates up or down, can, yes, also influence the value of Bitcoin.
Ethereum is more functional platform than Bitcoin. Btc - it is simply p2p payment system, but Ether provides a lot of features like smart-contracts, launching initial coin offerings etc.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 09, 2018, 05:09:58 AM
Bitcoin having some expertise in it's part as computerized gold offering the tried and true money related framework free from out limited expansion and political mediation. Ethereum developing into world PC a Blockchain based programming dialect empowering code based contract and decentralized application.
It has the first mover advantage to begin with. That is more than you can ever know. Ethereum is now gaining public acknowledgement however when bitcoin first came out and news never even heard of eth and etc people were talking about what the price of bitcoin will be on news and economy shows, which means bitcoin was known by the public and the financial sectors in a longer period of time. You have to consider this and judge two coins on that, ethereum hasn't paved the path bitcoin has gone.

We can say that bitcoin is the father of digital money or cryptocurrency and ethereum is a son.
Then bitcoin has thousands of sons and daughters, lol ? The prime differences I like to mention, supply limitation. Etherium does not have any cap on its total supply. It is gaining popularity due too its capability of providing easy platform for tokens but already many coins are having that capability hence etherium is not unique whereas when bitcoin was introduced it is am unique way of payment system.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 08, 2018, 11:07:24 AM
bitcoin is the mother of cryptocurrency. The first time digital money is bitcoin, after that it is his followers. it is what distinguishes the bitcoin with eth and other alt coin. outline is equally cryptocurrency.

Bitcoin and Ethereum are for the cryptocurrencies as the USD and EUR are for real (centralized) currencies. It remains to know who is who in this comparison. I see Bitcoin as the base-currency. It serves as a reference for others, including Ethereum. On the other hand, the Ethereum, if it oscillates up or down, can, yes, also influence the value of Bitcoin.
Activity: 25
August 08, 2018, 10:57:28 AM
I think ETH is becoming more popular because of less fees. Investors can also get higher returns with ETH.
Activity: 248
Merit: 10
August 08, 2018, 08:11:26 AM
The difference is that the Ethereum platform is Turing-complete. Various new functionality can be developed with relative ease. This makes the blockchain Ethereum often also called programmable blockchain. While Bitcoin has only one function that aims to facilitate peer-to-peer transactions as a digital currency.
Exactly, in my own perspective the differences between the two is bitcoin was the base of all coin. A lot of coin are just made after bitcoin. They are just depending on bitcoin
Activity: 696
Merit: 100
August 08, 2018, 09:49:42 AM
Bitcoin is the main crytocurrency and ethereum is an altcoin. We can say that bitcoin is the father of digital money or cryptocurrency and ethereum is a son.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
August 08, 2018, 09:41:52 AM
NICE post very informative,some points is just new to me and i thank you for putting this here,maybe from this post many investors might learn why they will be investing on bitcoin or ethereum ,looking on their option for the hard earned money to use as capital
Activity: 109
August 08, 2018, 09:36:23 AM
Both offer anonymous transactions, and neither of the two is controlled or regulated by a centralised body. While both bitcoin and ether are cryptocurrencies, the ethereum blockchain is very different from the bitcoin blockchain. ... Also, they cost their transactions in different ways.
Activity: 112
August 08, 2018, 08:31:51 AM
There is a huge gap between Bitcoin and Etherium. Bitcoin is called Crypto King. And the crypto works as a regulator for all the activities of the world.
On the other hand, Etherium works as the base of Altcoin. And Etherium is a part of Altcoin.
Activity: 4
August 07, 2018, 05:37:43 AM
Ethereal's hacker penetration is higher than the rest of the currency because Ethereum runs Turing-complete code, and if enough time is spent, all calculations will be made.
When dealing, Ethereum pays for gas (which can be converted to an Ether), calculated on the amount of bandwidth along with its storage needs. Bitcoin seems to be more pleasing when transactions are always equal, being limited by the size of each block.
Activity: 25
August 07, 2018, 05:33:36 AM
Bitcoin concentrates on ASICs while Ethereum is against that and encourages miners to decentralize on an individual basis. One point to note is that when digging Ethereum, the diggers have to use more dedicated graphics cards.
Bitcoin stores data on peer-to-peer storage systems and has never been deeply intervened, while Ethereum has branched out after DAO is attacked.
Activity: 182
August 06, 2018, 10:31:29 AM
Bitcoin is a digital currency that was originally created as an alternative to the financial system and Ethereum can be used to create and run smart contract applications via blockchain.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 696
Dimon69
August 06, 2018, 08:18:26 AM
Thank for the clarification. I now understand the difference and similarity between Bitcoin and Etherium.

I hope that it will help you a lot and give an information about bitcoin between ethereum.
A lot of different things through the role of digital currency and any cryptos.
Activity: 32
August 06, 2018, 07:53:59 AM
Bitcoin was the first digital currency, while Ethereum was born with the hope of providing a more complete digital currency.
Activity: 193
Merit: 83
August 06, 2018, 07:41:59 AM
Bitcoin having some expertise in it's part as computerized gold offering the tried and true money related framework free from out limited expansion and political mediation. Ethereum developing into world PC a Blockchain based programming dialect empowering code based contract and decentralized application.
Activity: 259
Merit: 1
August 06, 2018, 07:35:10 AM
Thank for the clarification. I now understand the difference and similarity between Bitcoin and Etherium.
Activity: 34
August 06, 2018, 07:28:19 AM
Ethereum có giao thức blockchain mạnh hơn Bitcoin, thời gian trung bình mỗi khối của Ethereum chỉ có 12 giây, trong khi Bitcoin tốn mất 10 phút. Như vậy, giao dịch Ethereum sẽ diễn ra nhanh hơn so với giao dịch bằng Bitcoin.
Activity: 32
August 06, 2018, 06:58:24 AM
Bitcoin được tạo ra và có giá trị như một loại tiền tệ để lưu giữ những giá trị, trong khi đó, Ethereum lại nghiêng về việc tạo ra một nền tảng giao dịch dựa trên smart contract
Pages:
Jump to: