Pages:
Author

Topic: How long could bitcoin last? - page 4. (Read 23198 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 277
September 26, 2017, 06:14:00 PM
I'm sure bitcoin can still last up to 20 years again, bitcoin users currently have not reached 1% and if it continues to increase of course the price will be expensive. japan and south korea that officially legalize bitcoin could be a guarantee for bitcoin in the future.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
September 26, 2017, 06:07:22 PM
As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
As far as i know, there are only limited sources of bitcoin for about 21,000 i think. And we already mined for about 16-18k. Maybe if we already reached the limited amount of bitcoin, it will be gone. Or maybe some will trade, buy and sell and i think in that time, bitcoin price will be very high.
Your numbers are way off, the limit of bitcoin is 21 million and not 21k and the amount mined already is something close to 16.5 millions coins and every 4 years there is something called the halving, this cuts in half the block reward that miners get for solving a block, that means that as time goes by less and less bitcoin is created every year this makes bitcoin a coin that has a very low inflation rate compared to other currencies of the world.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
September 26, 2017, 04:46:15 PM
According to the current scenario, I think that bitcoin would last for a pretty long time. Currently people are finding bitcoin as their best investment and more and more people are indulging into it. The increase in the number of people buying bitcoins increases the duration for which it will last.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 26, 2017, 04:36:27 PM
As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
Probably, bitcoin can do really last for a long time since it was a new type of currency which was operated and generated online, still bitcoin has already boom into action because of the massive number of bitcoin users and potential investors that are continuously growing into numbers as time passes by meaning bitcoin do really have a lot of supporters so I do not see any reason for bitcoin to not for a long time. Talking about the hard dump in the price rate, it do really happen on random times because there are sudden changes and happening within the market that directly affects the price but we do not need to panic and worry because every now and then bitcoin still regain its dump into a booming pump. I think that was an enough reason for bitcoin to last for long time.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
September 26, 2017, 04:22:01 PM
I believe that bitcoin is going to last for a long time. Let is be honest with each other. Bitcoin is not that old and it has financially saved many people. Added to that, the demand on the market is still growing and it will be growing even more. That is why, I do not see anything that can make bitcoin die, especially when I believe that it will be known worldwide.
Activity: 728
Merit: 502
September 26, 2017, 02:50:16 PM
While the blockchain remains inmune to attacks there will be no problems with bitcoins, but there's nothing to do against tech so we don't know certantly what will happen.
yes, as long as blockchain is there, digital currencies should be there as well. But who knows? we are on a state of evolution when it comes to technology and i believe this is the start of the future with just signs on our planet, mankind will always develop better technology than before.
As you said about mankind then mankind have developed and invent a best technology on the earth because crypto currencies have reduced poverty according to previous era.
Nope, I do not think Bitcoin can does that, Bitcoin only useful in countries can supply the people of their country an internet system stable and knowledge to use computer. If you are people from Africa, you never have chance to know these things.
Everything has a way to do it and it is up to you if how are you going to achieve learning something. The status of yourself and even the country cannot affect your determination to earn bitcoin and also money so i think that in the future, we can see bitcoin that is accepted by the poor countries because it is all about how you will have a strategy to surpass the challenges.
It is the beauty of the bitcoin that the price of the bitcoin is unpredictable now. So if more people will use bitcoin it will increase the life of the bitcoin so use bitcoin and wait for the long time. Now everyone knows bitcoin has the huge potential to increase your income ant is enough for the people to trust bitcoin and to invest in it so for me bitcoin is not going to last ever.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
September 26, 2017, 10:29:45 AM
For me I think it could last until we all abandon its usage and that's going to be a longer time from now. It's just too hard to speculate on these things but it doesn't look like happening any time soon to me.

Many countries regulating the bitcoin and making it as legal in this year especially. This year price bump and adoption is bigger than any previous year this simply says that bitcoin will grow every year and value for one bitcoin also increases big soon. After some years we people may get the payment in satoshi also and can be regulate by bank too.

Honestly you can always say that same thing every single year. Even last year. The adoption just gets better and better as time goes by as well as the price of bitcoin. Early this year, the price of bitcoin just got really really good. And it's only normal for us to expect that better days are coming. Young and old, poor and rich, we are all looking for an extra way to earn money and bitcoin allows us to do that. Even those that don't have to earn money are inclined to use bitcoin. For example, sending money abroad gives you less hassle with bitcoin. And of course there would always be people trying to store their huge money. They want things to be safe and sometimes a bank is a no go. Depositing in the bank gives them an idea how much money you currently have. On the other hand, you can't just hoard your money in your house. But now you have bitcoin which is a good way to store value.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 250
COMBONetwork
September 26, 2017, 09:35:55 AM
It's hard to predict it. Not just the price of the bitcoin that is hard to predict the bitcoin's survival as well. I think bitcoin will last long if a lot of people support it.
Activity: 434
September 26, 2017, 09:14:29 AM
I think bitcoin will last for a long time. Now is just the beginning and with more time, there will be more adoption and more people use it. Bitcoin will last as long as there's miner and people who use it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
September 26, 2017, 09:09:37 AM

yes it could last long as long as theres a value on bitcoin people would still use it even if the price is not stable and oftenly fluctuates. the only thing is no one could actually knows what is exactly the future ahead for bitcoins and we will be hearing these questions again and again. so i guess we should stop thinking those things for a while. keep calm and continue using bitcoins as long as it is still alive.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 257
LuckyB.it is Back!
September 26, 2017, 07:31:28 AM
For me I think it could last until we all abandon its usage and that's going to be a longer time from now. It's just too hard to speculate on these things but it doesn't look like happening any time soon to me.

Many countries regulating the bitcoin and making it as legal in this year especially. This year price bump and adoption is bigger than any previous year this simply says that bitcoin will grow every year and value for one bitcoin also increases big soon. After some years we people may get the payment in satoshi also and can be regulate by bank too.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
September 26, 2017, 07:25:48 AM

no one know how long bitcoin will survive, the only thing i know is bitcoin will last only when we keep it valueable and not make any negative issue about bitcoin, use it in the right way not for buying drugs and teach poeple about bitcoin. it will make bitcoin last for little longer Wink
Activity: 397
September 26, 2017, 06:12:55 AM
as long as people still use bitcoin as long as that bitcoin will survive and more rapidly its development, if oranh people do not want to use bitcoin then it is certain bitcoin will stop ....

Yes, bitcoin will exist as long as people are using it because it is based only on user activity and is not controlled by anyone. While they are interested in many and it grows well.
You may be right that it depends on the numbers of users of bitcoins i.e. greater the number of users of bitcoins greater will be the life span of bitcoins. But I think that it solely depends on time because if any other crypto is introduced in the market which is more secure and more stable then bitcoins then people will surely shift towards that crypto and that will become the cause of death of bitcoins in the world.
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
September 25, 2017, 09:10:56 PM
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
September 25, 2017, 08:25:28 PM
Since the price is unstable, it can crash anytime and go higher. Also, the sources of bitcoin is only limited. I think after 20 years, after all bitcoins are mined, the price of it will be high because some people may want to buy it in any amount.

So if you think thebprices if Bitcoin will be high after they've been exhaustively mined then why predict its crash in 20 years because it's mining will only be exhausted after year 2140 or so and not 20 years time.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
September 25, 2017, 08:07:31 PM
Since the price is unstable, it can crash anytime and go higher. Also, the sources of bitcoin is only limited. I think after 20 years, after all bitcoins are mined, the price of it will be high because some people may want to buy it in any amount.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
September 25, 2017, 08:04:48 PM
If you're asking about bitcoin oh well, like any other things, so long as people use it, it will last. But if it comes to pricing, we can never predict that. We all know bitcoin's highs and lows point so we all know investing in it is but a risk.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
September 25, 2017, 07:18:27 PM
While the blockchain remains inmune to attacks there will be no problems with bitcoins, but there's nothing to do against tech so we don't know certantly what will happen.
yes, as long as blockchain is there, digital currencies should be there as well. But who knows? we are on a state of evolution when it comes to technology and i believe this is the start of the future with just signs on our planet, mankind will always develop better technology than before.
As you said about mankind then mankind have developed and invent a best technology on the earth because crypto currencies have reduced poverty according to previous era.
Nope, I do not think Bitcoin can does that, Bitcoin only useful in countries can supply the people of their country an internet system stable and knowledge to use computer. If you are people from Africa, you never have chance to know these things.

Agreed, bitcoin is only useful if people have access. Just because I tell someone that they have $1mil in a bank account doesn't mean that it is good for them unless they can access that account.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
September 25, 2017, 07:15:06 PM

Bitcoin will last for a long time i guess as long as the people invest on it and the crowd of bitcoin grows that existence and visibility of the currency will evolve for a long time.
The bitcoin is still growing and it will grow more and more. According to my thinking the bitcoin will ever last because the price of the bitcoin is higher than before. There are a lot of changes occurred till now in bitcoin till now. I like bitcoin for its increasing price and I am sure people like me love to use bitcoin for the increasing price of the bitcoin in short time. The world of the bitcoin will never last.

Bitcoin keeps growing and getting better by the day and so I'm optimistic it can last for a long time, maybe until a better cryptocurrency technology emerges  and that I don't see happening any time soon.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 584
September 25, 2017, 06:01:17 PM

Bitcoin will last for a long time i guess as long as the people invest on it and the crowd of bitcoin grows that existence and visibility of the currency will evolve for a long time.
The bitcoin is still growing and it will grow more and more. According to my thinking the bitcoin will ever last because the price of the bitcoin is higher than before. There are a lot of changes occurred till now in bitcoin till now. I like bitcoin for its increasing price and I am sure people like me love to use bitcoin for the increasing price of the bitcoin in short time. The world of the bitcoin will never last.
Pages:
Jump to: