Pages:
Author

Topic: How many people have received random .00000001 transactions to their wallets? - page 5. (Read 14176 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
I must've gotten about 30 of them in total. They never confirm; and not that I would want to spend such reward... I wonder what would happen if it got mixed with coins you're sending. Oh well.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I checked all of my wallets and no, I have not received any of those transactions.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Has anyone received them to a Bitcoin-QT wallet?

The QT client will refuse to relay these tx so the only it would be visible is if you had the bad luck of connecting to blockchain.info directly (who seems to relay any kind of rule violating spam garbage).
Activity: 968
Merit: 515
Has anyone received them to a Bitcoin-QT wallet?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Many of these 1-satoshi tx do eventually confirm, don't they?  They wiggle in eventually via the <100K "free" section most miners still allow?

Nope.  They are non standard and considered dust spam.  Unless a miner specifically writes a custom client just so they can fill valuable block space with worthless low paying garbage it will never confirm.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
I think every one did , its very annoying since it make the blockchain slow and you cant spend them anyway .
Activity: 854
Merit: 510
Probably very few people like junk mail or unwanted phone calls.   I think it is the same with blockchain spam.   The key difference is the protocol could be changed to force the spammers to pay for it.  I think it should be.   At least then if you get spammed there would be some benefit.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Activity: 490
Merit: 266
I have 2 transactions (1 just now), received from a address I've used to receive MtGox funds
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!
So we all must have a common thread.

It doesn't seem so. Many have received them at cold-storage wallets--addresses that were only used to receive funds (even if only once.) And at least one person seems to have received the satoshis at a *change* address!

This is someone searching through the blockchain for addresses, and possibly only targeting those addresses that have not yet spent funds (I've yet to hear of a report to the contrary.)
Activity: 140
All of the satochis I received from 1Enjoy and 1Sochi are gone.

Any idea where they went lol?
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
So we all must have a common thread.  I've gambled w bitcoin online.  At bitzino, etc.  Has anyone received spams that has never gambled?
Activity: 686
When I click on the transaction and then check it on blockchain, it basically tells me that the transaction cannot be found. I have around 8 of these so-called transactions in my wallet currently.
Activity: 154
They will not increase your fees because they will never be spendable.
Activity: 448
I don't even want it. Because they will increase the fees when next time i'll be sending. Is there any way you could cancel the incoming transaction?
I think nobody thought of putting it, because every one likes money coming it..huh?
Activity: 448
I received 2 in my wallets and they just stand pending for long time and do nothing.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
i always laugh at people calling cryptocurrencies anonymous. its so hilarious. in fact fiat is actually infinitely more anonymous than any crypto that will ever be invented.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Well I got dusted but the satoshi sent is in perpetual limbo and its only been 2 days should be gone soon enough Smiley

Activity: 728
So is someone seriously trying to dust every used address?

Or atleast good part of them...
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1132
Many of these 1-satoshi tx do eventually confirm, don't they?  They wiggle in eventually via the <100K "free" section most miners still allow?
Pages:
Jump to: