Pages:
Author

Topic: How many people have received random .00000001 transactions to their wallets? - page 9. (Read 14176 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I have a cold storage address which has received 2 of these transactions but are still unconfirmed.  It would be interesting to know where the address was made public.

Indeed.  I just checked and some of my wallets have gotten spammed also.  All of these cold storage wallets were created carefully by starting up a wallet-less bitcoind then carefully wiping everything.  They've been deeply off-line ever since.  They would have been created and stored in Q3 2011.

I probably have checked the balances on blockexplorer back in the day.

I have created a Google spreadsheet which queries blockexplorer when it still worked and more recently blockchain.info for balances.  Derived from coblee's work.  I check it occasionally.  It is shared with noone.

However their addresses have been public ever since 2011. Because p2p blockchain.

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
I have a cold storage address which has received 2 of these transactions but are still unconfirmed.  It would be interesting to know where the address was made public.

Indeed.  I just checked and some of my wallets have gotten spammed also.  All of these cold storage wallets were created carefully by starting up a wallet-less bitcoind then carefully wiping everything.  They've been deeply off-line ever since.  They would have been created and stored in Q3 2011.

I probably have checked the balances on blockexplorer back in the day.

I have created a Google spreadsheet which queries blockexplorer when it still worked and more recently blockchain.info for balances.  Derived from coblee's work.  I check it occasionally.  It is shared with noone.

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1132
Eligius is essentially the only miner who will clear crap like this out of the queue.  If it weren't for him the set of unconfirmed transactions would grow without limit until the network just ran out of room to store them.

So they'll pretty much all remain unconfirmed until Eligius gets a block or two or three.  Send the man a tip if you appreciate him unclogging your wallet and keeping the network running.

If it matters to you that a transaction should go through, pay the dang fee.  

It doesn't matter to the spam-motivated 'dust' spreaders; they just want people to *see* the transaction (and the URL that comes with it).  Which doesn't depend on the transaction ever confirming.

Note that spam isn't the only motivation for people spreading dust; there are also people spreading dust in order to link old spends to new spends.  This means you send 'dust' to an address that received BTC in an old transaction you're interested in, then wait for the 'dust' txout to be spent in some new transaction.   Then you know that the person who made the new transaction is the same person who made the old transaction.  Your client might never choose to spend a large BTC txout from the old transaction, but is very likely to spend 'dust' almost immediately, so this is pretty effective.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
.00000001 transactions take extra long time, due to prevent spamming on the .net work.  don't be gay
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I also received 2 transactions on a blockchain.info wallet that I only used one single time to receive a payment. Very weird. Two times 0.00000001 BTC (satoshi). But the transaction hasn't yet been "confirmed". I have secured my wallets with a strong password and used two-factor-authentication.

What is happening.... is this just spam or more to be worried about?

Activity: 630

Does the cold-storage address have any other (confirmed) funds in it? If so, the address is on the public blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Activity: 71
Wait, doesn't it take more to send that transaction than it is worth? Or am I wrong about that?
No. You can chose to not pay the fee and pray to the lord that your transaction will get confirmed one day.

I wonder if any of those will ever confirm and how long it will take for all of them to be confirmed.

I doubt any miners will include them in mined blocks
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
im a little worried about this, i have sent hours ago a transaction without fee:

https://blockchain.info/es/tx/95a2f444dfe9ffd7efa3ebd53aa4069a3a53a94d62c8af4af70feb15fb2b24a4

and it´s taking forever to confirm even once. I dont usually send transactions without fee, so i don´t know how much time is normal to wait in a case like this,,, what i wonder is if all these 1 satoshi transactions can be affecting no-fee transactions somehow, adding noise and non-confirmed transactions waiting in the line, what do you think?

all those number make me cry

that's like over $400 in transactio!
I feel you. Wish I had even close to that.
Activity: 259
100% Positive EBAY Feedback Since 2001
Had this happen twice in the last 24 hours.  Neither transaction was ever confirmed and eventually they were deleted.   Original simultaneous intended transactions were dramatically slower than normal, though not sure it had anything to do with the spam sends. 

Had a mysterious double spend that failed and eventually went away as well...thinking it was part of the transaction malleability nonsense that's been going on.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
im a little worried about this, i have sent hours ago a transaction without fee:

https://blockchain.info/es/tx/95a2f444dfe9ffd7efa3ebd53aa4069a3a53a94d62c8af4af70feb15fb2b24a4

and it´s taking forever to confirm even once. I dont usually send transactions without fee, so i don´t know how much time is normal to wait in a case like this,,, what i wonder is if all these 1 satoshi transactions can be affecting no-fee transactions somehow, adding noise and non-confirmed transactions waiting in the line, what do you think?

Damn this language.
Code:
 Tiempo Estimado de Confirmación	 4 minutos (posición en la cola 204)  
You should be fine soon enough.

its always the same, in every block... it doesnt confirm and when the block resolves it is near the begining of the line... but then more transactions go in before mine.

sorry for my language, i do what i can and also im sooo sleppy right now  Tongue
Activity: 84

all those number make me cry

that's like over $400 in transactio!
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.

Damn this language.
Code:
 Tiempo Estimado de Confirmación	 4 minutos (posición en la cola 204)  
You should be fine soon enough.
Activity: 136

Activity: 602
Wait, doesn't it take more to send that transaction than it is worth? Or am I wrong about that?
No. You can chose to not pay the fee and pray to the lord that your transaction will get confirmed one day.

I wonder if any of those will ever confirm and how long it will take for all of them to be confirmed.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Activity: 406
Activity: 210
happened to me today too.  thought someone liked my blog post and donated...
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

Thank you whoever is doing this spam!  It's a very understandable and 'wholesome' reason for tightening up some of the individual privacy and anonymity issues in future incantations of distributed crypto-currency solutions.

Activity: 130
yes got one this morning but don't remember seeing one in the last couple of months before this
Pages:
Jump to: