Pages:
Author

Topic: How many people left their full-time employment to go into Bitcoin? - page 22. (Read 10638 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I was talking to a friend the other day and he told me that two of his friends has left their full-time employment to concentrate on their Bitcoin ventures. < One in Crypto currency trading and the other into imports & exports, linked to ecommerce >

In light of the fact that Bitcoin is still experimental and very volatile, would you say that this was a good or a bad decision and would you do the same?

How many people have done this already?

As far as I'm concern, It's not advisable to do that. It is so risky since Bitcoin's economic status is volatile, and we can't say what will happen tomorrow. For me, it would be a mixed of Good and Bad Decisions. Good, since this would open up more time to focus on one thing and to enhance your focus in trading and investment by way of Bitcoin. Bad, since the volatility of Bitcoin is quite scary. What if this market sudden exits the market without having a heads up to all investors. *It happens in real life, the Sudden exit of a player is quite normal with or without reason* Then if you invested almost all of your savings and money to it most probably you will lose it all.

I will not take that kind of risk since I have a lot of plans in my life and I don't want to sabotage it. I'm not saying that this industry is unreliable, all I'm saying is that it's better to be sure than to be sorry.

Some of the people I know did leave their job but only a succeeded and some returned to their regular jobs.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
This one is subjective, but in my opinion, I won't be leaving my day time job for various reasons. Company still has a lot to offer when it comes to benefits and also one of my reasons would be career growth. This is very important to me. For sure you will earn huge amount in BTC but for personal growth, I don't think so. Anyway, as I am gaining more knowledge here in bitcointalk, I am trying to manage both tasks. My office job and side job.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 504
I thought about it in the past and even now I am in a dilemma. I dont actually know what to do, full-time trading and crypto work or my regular job which pay less but has a security. I am doing both right now and I dont get any time for my family.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
some of my friends who be trader, they don't have job and focused on bitcoin. but from what i see somethime they don't have income and they can get high profit to keep their finance. but i think that is not good to do because we still need something that make sure we are safe in finance
That's because they don't really master the techniques of trading, I have a friend, an office worker,
but he left her job and trying to learn about trading, within a year I see he was already earning
more than working in an Office.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Actually I left my job to concentrate on my offline business and then do bitcoin trading or earning as a sideline. So I didn't left my full time employment for bitcoin but rather for my business but soon I discovered bitcoin so from my experience its a good choice that I made. I don' regret anything of course I have a lot of challenges along the way and when I found my love on bitcoin again, it has somewhat offer me a good way of earning and now the earnings I got my bitcoin is being used to channel more funds in my offline business. I'm not saying that you should left you day job, but at least now I'm enjoying more time with my family and happy about my financial freedom with the help of bitcoin as my sideline.
i purposely left my full time job to focus with my family since bitcoin already assist me in such the same way, learning how to trade and seek for more ideas inside this forum gives me the confidence to build my own destiny and bitcoin really helps me a lot, now i have my small business being established and i have trading account which i'm trying to make it quite a large portfolio, so on my side i'm a living evidence that if you will take it seriously inside bitcoin industry you will find yourself much better and established future ahead.
Activity: 798
Merit: 505
I was talking to a friend the other day and he told me that two of his friends has left their full-time employment to concentrate on their Bitcoin ventures. < One in Crypto currency trading and the other into imports & exports, linked to ecommerce >

In light of the fact that Bitcoin is still experimental and very volatile, would you say that this was a good or a bad decision and would you do the same?

I already hear that there are ton of people that is quiting in their job to focus more in bitcoin, though the bitcoin is very volatile and we dont know if still exist in the future it is still good to do that because you can be millionaire because of it and your earning in bitcoin is greater than your salary. As my self im planning too quit my job but now i think i would not because my salary in bitcoin sometimes it is late or sometimes i dont get any. Just to play safe i do my real job and i do my side job that is bitcoin
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
some of my friends who be trader, they don't have job and focused on bitcoin. but from what i see somethime they don't have income and they can get high profit to keep their finance. but i think that is not good to do because we still need something that make sure we are safe in finance
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
I know someone who has totally left his full time job to pursue bitcoin trading. But he moved out of his employment about a few month ago and when everything was settled. Together with her wife, they were able to put up a shop near there house from their bitcoin earning. They still continue to do day trading but they are more focus in their business because he said that it is where they get their daily needs of money. Even the education of their children come from bitcoin earnings as well. I'm amazed how they quit their job, but they said that even the combined salary, its not even close to the bitcoin earning they got from trading.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Actually I left my job to concentrate on my offline business and then do bitcoin trading or earning as a sideline. So I didn't left my full time employment for bitcoin but rather for my business but soon I discovered bitcoin so from my experience its a good choice that I made. I don' regret anything of course I have a lot of challenges along the way and when I found my love on bitcoin again, it has somewhat offer me a good way of earning and now the earnings I got my bitcoin is being used to channel more funds in my offline business. I'm not saying that you should left you day job, but at least now I'm enjoying more time with my family and happy about my financial freedom with the help of bitcoin as my sideline.
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
My friend who works full in bitcoin there are two people. One of them is from the beginning bitcoin appears is serious to pursue. While the other just out of his job and will open a drug store from bitcoin. I will also follow them
Activity: 309
Merit: 251
Make Love Not War

Experimental-YES, Very Volatile- YES---We could also say highly rewarding since it is still in its early adolescent stage. the question if it is good or bad decision-- We don't know yet for we are not fortune tellers. There are things in life that you just need to listen to your gut-feel, if they do it during their early stage of life then I think its just alright since they still have time to rebound, but if they do it during late to their careers then it might be a good one since you don't have enough time to get back (funds).
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

The Butcoin participants around me pretty much, but I have not seen anyone give up their entire time to research and invest in Bitcoin. They see bitcoin as a part-time job and spend less time with it.
Activity: 173

I think that is not a bad idea. If they think their future is on bitcoin then let it be. sometimes real time job can't get you on your dreams but in bitcoin others believe in that. We can't blame others for leaving their real job because sometimes it gets you stock on what daily life you don't want to be.
Activity: 364
Merit: 118
Bounty Campaign Manager? --> https://goo.gl/YRVVt3
I don't know anyone, but if you will ask me, this is not advisable, the most suitable and most dependable source of income is the real job in the real world, well this is subjective but if you will think it, the job will stay and bitcoin might not (maybe, just a specualtion though). So for me, you should stay to your job and make bitcoin as your sideline work and sideline source of income.
Activity: 784
Merit: 112

Bad decision because if i am your friend i wont leave my full time job to concentrate on bitcoins because its so risky the price of bitcoin is not that stable but it depends on the person who want to work and focus in bitcoin if they have skills that can boost their profit here in bitcoin i think they can support their needs through bitcoin.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 696
Dimon69
I do not know. But I believe that the number must be very big. Most of the people find that bitcoin is a great source of income and if they can focus 100% their time on it, they will earn a great amount from bitcoin.
I believe it too most of the people that have big income choose to leave their job and choose to be full time here in bitcoin if i have that big income that i would do the same.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
I think a lot of people are doing it, especially for people who do not want to be commanded by their boss, and for people who have big business desires. Well, even that is very much the case, where people are more concerned about finding bitcoin than to take care of its affairs.
Activity: 1111
Merit: 255
If you leave your job. And going in bitcoin will make sure you have learned a lot.
Because it is difficult and precise. And if you come in quickly without knowing it. You may be able to earn money immediately.
Many people have recognized that they have left their jobs because of their bitcoins. And others are wealthy because of this but before they leave their job. They are earning bitcoins
Activity: 266
I do not know. But I believe that the number must be very big. Most of the people find that bitcoin is a great source of income and if they can focus 100% their time on it, they will earn a great amount from bitcoin.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
For me, i've never met people who leave full-time employment moving into bitcoin. I think that's just a fraction of the many people who already have full-time employment on their lives. And for me personally i wouldn't leave that full-time employment, and try to divide the time on bitcoin as well. Just a dependency to Bitcoin only, i think it's lacking for me, Bitcoin income for myself is the other side of my main income.

Contrary to my experienced, my best friend quit his job too to do fulltime in bitcoin as a result he earned 3X more than our basic salary and he can now support his family financial needs unlike me still indebt thats why now i start joining bitcoin. Therefor i believe it depends of the kind of jobs that we are having from utility jobs to managerial position.
Pages:
Jump to: