Pages:
Author

Topic: How many people left their full-time employment to go into Bitcoin? - page 20. (Read 10638 times)

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1069
I was talking to a friend the other day and he told me that two of his friends has left their full-time employment to concentrate on their Bitcoin ventures. < One in Crypto currency trading and the other into imports & exports, linked to ecommerce >

In light of the fact that Bitcoin is still experimental and very volatile, would you say that this was a good or a bad decision and would you do the same?

How many people have done this already?

Your friends can still continue their business even if bitcoin fails. The ecomerce guy can just switch to a new mode of payment if bitcoin fails and the other guy can still trade other currencies. So I guess they are taking less risk than other people who will went full time on bitcoin like the miners and the devs.

It is still very risky to go full time in bitcoin but since the price is very high, the risk is worth it.
Activity: 266
Merit: 111
I think it's a good idea leaving your permanent job and focusing to bitcoin although earning here in bitcoin is quite good but having a permanent job is a security bitcoin cannot offer you beside its more ideal being employed while working for bitcoin that would give more earnings to you
Activity: 882
Merit: 104
I was talking to a friend the other day and he told me that two of his friends has left their full-time employment to concentrate on their Bitcoin ventures. < One in Crypto currency trading and the other into imports & exports, linked to ecommerce >

In light of the fact that Bitcoin is still experimental and very volatile, would you say that this was a good or a bad decision and would you do the same?

As of now I don't have a friend leave their jobs for bitcoin but I have a friend that no regular job but she have own house and car because of bitcoin. She lots of investment in bitcoin and some of her earnings is in her savings account. But for me we need both jobs for stable earning and bitcoin to some extra income.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I think their are a lot of people who left job for to focus on Bitcoin. It's too risky to engage in such industry that is volatile. Maybe there are some who succeeded and some do fail and go back to their regular job. Bitcoin is not a bad investment but be sure to have a lot back up plans. Once the industry  collapse.
Yes ... we need a backup plan if bitcoin is worthless. If we don't have a steady job,
we can build a business from profit bitcoin.
Those who left job years back and made a number of bitcoins till today then their decision should be right. Becasue before earning bitcoins is very easy and now the rate of the bitcoin is very high. But now if anybody takes this decision it is wrong. We need a backup support otherwise we can not survive just based on this Bitcoin.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 586
Free Crypto Faucet in Trustdice
I think their are a lot of people who left job for to focus on Bitcoin. It's too risky to engage in such industry that is volatile. Maybe there are some who succeeded and some do fail and go back to their regular job. Bitcoin is not a bad investment but be sure to have a lot back up plans. Once the industry  collapse.
Yes ... we need a backup plan if bitcoin is worthless. If we don't have a steady job,
we can build a business from profit bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

Bitcoin is really volatile and theres no assurance that it would last for how many years compared into their stable day jobs but well its their own decision and we cant do anything about it. If they did make such decision and im sure they are already aware on the risk involved on bitcoin.If they do earn more money compared on their jobs then its not bad at all to go full time.
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
I won't leave my day-job. In the future we'll all have UBI (Universal Basic Income). The dollar will be worthless and 1 satoshi will probably get you something to eat (if btc is still on top).

So no, I won't leave my day job, my day job will leave me!

As to how many people have left theirs... I don't know.
At present, leaving job is not a good decision because Bitcoins still is not UBI. However, in future there are high chances of bitcoins to become basic currency but it would take a lot of time. Governments will not let this happen easily. But ignoring bitcoins today can be fatal tomorrow.
Activity: 354
Merit: 103
sigs design service➜https://goo.gl/jhz4f8
For me personally, if your friend has a fixed job in bitcoin i mean, they have a good business on bitcoin, i guess that's no problem. But if just used the signature campaign and then left his job in the real world I think it was the wrong decision.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
When i started in bitcoin i was wondering if how much would i earned on my signature campaign if i rank up my account .....

LOL, you do realize that signature campaign is not the only source for earning bitcoin right? and i don't think OP meant it like that either.
there are numerous ways that you can earn bitcoin, from trading to selling stuff and to freelance jobs. signature campaign is like the least amount you can earn.

the difference that earning bitcoin has with earning fiat is that when you earn fiat it doesn't appreciate in time, but when you get paid in bitcoin it will gain value over time too. so if you hold a part of it after expenses it will also become a good investment.
Activity: 354
Merit: 11
When i started in bitcoin i was wondering if how much would i earned on my signature campaign if i rank up my account and how can i sustain my daily needs and my families needs on bitcoin. I was thinking if the days come that i am on a hihgest rank do i need my daily job in which I felt stress everyday or do I choose bitcoin over it? And today my thinking is answered. I need to stay on my daily job as of now because I can handle to post atleast 5 to 6 as of now. But I don't know someday if i choose bitcoin over my job. We do not know what was happen.
Activity: 994
Merit: 256
This sounds like the exception rather than the rule. My guess is we only talk about it when it happens because it is so unusual.
This is not unusual. This is very usual rather. Because I myself have seen so many people leaving their full time jobs. I also once thought to give up my job to work properly with bitcoin. Then I realized that what will I do if I get loss in bitcoin? I thought a lot and then I continued my job. Every day people come to me for suggestions and advice weather they should quite their job or not. But they must know that job is also important along with bitcoin
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
Maybe a lot, it all depends of a situation.
A friend of mine is earning triple times above his salary so quitting from job for him is a clever move because he can handle all the stress accordingly.
So, if you feel you need your job just in case if earning BTC is just an option then stay otherwise it doesn't matter how many years you're loyal to your company but instead it's a matter of earnings and savings.
For me, I am not to that point that I need to quit my Job because I just started BTC signature campaigning so maybe in the future, hopefully.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
this has been a question for as long as i can remember, people asking or thinking about going full into bitcoin and have it as their primary earning potential.

to this i have always said one thing and i think i will stand on it forever. i think it is not such a good idea to give up financial security of a full time job (relatively safe) to go into bitcoin which is so volatile and unpredictable.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
I'm working as a developer, and I believe someday I will quit my job to focus in crypto currency. I just need to raise an investment. A big one.
and that can be done inside crypto your knowledge together with your investment will bring you to the joy of success I think crypto will be fit enough
just showcase your capability and allow someone to work with you or invest with and in exchange both of you will succeed.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102

well, in my observation, in our forum, there are many bitcoin users that considers having a job and having bitcoin as another source of income which I think is clever. Having a secure source of income is indeed a great idea but not pertaining to everyone. There are still circumstances and factors that an individual consider in decision making.
Some have jobs who make bitcoin a secondary source of income, some are considering bitcoin as primary source, while some have reasons like a mother taking care of children that is why bitcoin is her way of earning while some get tired of jobs and satisfied in earning in bitcoin.
well, bitcoin is a flexible commodity, decentralized in its very own. I am not judging people as lazy because bitcoin is valued for its features which is very beneficiary to all.
no decisions are bad or good if the intentions are good and within a good reason or purpose.
Activity: 308
I never heard of people quitting their job to go fulltime with bitcoin.  If that is the case maybe they know all the factors on how to earn more bitcoin or how they can maximize their earnings.  For sure they think twice before quitting their jobs.  And maybe they are still young and in any case they can still return to their jobs.  They might also realize that they are earning more compared in their jobs and will earn more if they concentrate to bitcoin.
- In my country, there are a lot of people quitting full-time work to focus on bitcoin, they see bitcoin as their main job, they spend all their time on bitcoin because they tell me income from bitcoin is better than income from their full-time job
- However, I think this is a risky option, they are betting all on bitcoin and this is the biggest bet in their life, if they fail, they will be nothing, vice versa if they are successful, they will become millionaires. In short, I did not dare to venture like them, I was afraid of failure
Activity: 952
I'm working as a developer, and I believe someday I will quit my job to focus in crypto currency. I just need to raise an investment. A big one.
Activity: 602

They are brave. For me, I'm not confident enough to be able to bet all on bitcoin. As you say, it's too dangerous - we can lose everything just in a moment. But it can also be all in a short time. I think having a stable job is better.
Activity: 364

If your friends left their full time employment because of btc then they might be earning a lot. I think it's good if what they are making is at least triple of their salary. But the thing is btc earning isn't permanent. It gives great profit, sure but what happened if one day they were hacked and all of their btc gone? They should at least consider their welfare on a long term and not be impulsive and leave their full time employment. Well, unless they were one of those early bitcoiners who acquired thousands of btc at a low price then I might do the same thing.
Pages:
Jump to: