Pages:
Author

Topic: How many people left their full-time employment to go into Bitcoin? - page 18. (Read 10638 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
I think many people left their full-time employment to go into bitcoin even me in my own experience back then I was about to leave my full time job for this but I canceled it. Right now I am thinking again if I will leave my full time job for bitcoin maybe now I will leave for good because I see a lot more income in bitcoin than my own job for example my income is 3000 $ in bitcoin i can earn three times than my income. So I think I am not the only one that was or about to leave their full time employment to go into Bitcoin.
I agree people leave their own job because maybe theyre get a high profit or salary here than their own job. Or maybe they earn a lot of bitcoin so they have a courage their own decision that will leave their job because they know that bitcoin is like a job that will give us a money then by using this you can be rich like others.

Yeah if people can manage to earn more income in bitcoins then they will surely leave their job and get full time into bitcoins but at this stage there will be very few people who will take that high risk as bitcoin's future is still unpredictable and leaving job for bitcoins is not a smart move.
Activity: 434
Merit: 168
I think many people left their full-time employment to go into bitcoin even me in my own experience back then I was about to leave my full time job for this but I canceled it. Right now I am thinking again if I will leave my full time job for bitcoin maybe now I will leave for good because I see a lot more income in bitcoin than my own job for example my income is 3000 $ in bitcoin i can earn three times than my income. So I think I am not the only one that was or about to leave their full time employment to go into Bitcoin.
I agree people leave their own job because maybe theyre get a high profit or salary here than their own job. Or maybe they earn a lot of bitcoin so they have a courage their own decision that will leave their job because they know that bitcoin is like a job that will give us a money then by using this you can be rich like others.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I was talking to a friend the other day and he told me that two of his friends has left their full-time employment to concentrate on their Bitcoin ventures. < One in Crypto currency trading and the other into imports & exports, linked to ecommerce >

In light of the fact that Bitcoin is still experimental and very volatile, would you say that this was a good or a bad decision and would you do the same?

How many people have done this already?
I don't think it is a good decision if you have time to interact on both. I read a post here before stating that their friends to left their job to focus on Bitcoin. But if I were those guys If there is still time to earn double then I will do it in both. But if offline job has lower salary and consume all your time then I have to quit and concentrate on Bitcoin as it gives good ammount of money. It is better to spend more time on earning Bitcoins because it is more volatile and can change someones fortune while in fiat if you are unemployed or even employed few became millionaire by chance and only those who has profession but in Bitcoin if you give all your time earning BTC and save there is a possibility that someday you maybe one of those future millionaires.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
No, because my full time employment (which I'm grateful to have) pays far more than
something like a signature campaign would pay.  People who live in poor countries, that
might not be the case.  Hell, in a lot of countries there isn't any employment.  I don't
think most people should quit any day jobs in order to 'work' on bitcointalk OR to start
trading altcoins.  The latter is too risky, and that mindset reminds me of the people
who quit their jobs in the late 90s and started day trading stocks.  That did not work
out well for most of them.  Fun, yes, but stressful and very, very risky.
Activity: 672
Merit: 105
with the use of very promising bitcoin and hope in the future. I think more and more people are going to use bitcoin and leave the job, even though everyone knows the risks to be faced, because as we know that bitcoin is a technological experiment and still not as stable. I think leaving the job is not a good idea, because everyone knows that having a job is important and bitcoin is a good additional income so it does not depend on bitcoin. and we can do both at once.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 584
There aren't really many people who left their jobs for bitcoin. Sure you can earn a lot from bitcoin but there's always the risk of its price going down and I think having a job will be very much better so that you can have financial security.
yes it is not good to leave your job and staying in bitcoin only because no one knows the future what will happen so it is good to stay in bitcoin but quitting your job for bitcoin is not good at all so keep using bitcoin along with your job so that you will earn two side of income and it is growing as the time passing so earn your bitcoin ant keep it aside for your upcoming days so my suggestion is to keep your work on along with the bitcoin.
Activity: 444
Merit: 101
I think its early days yet.  In my view, the continued and more importantly sustainable growth of BTC is heavily dependent on adoption by society and more people around the world.  To this end, i wouldn't even consider leaving my day job for the time being unless of course if i had like 100BTC with which i could successfully run a venture and hope to succeed.  Otherwise, i don't think its a great idea. 
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
I was talking to a friend the other day and he told me that two of his friends has left their full-time employment to concentrate on their Bitcoin ventures. < One in Crypto currency trading and the other into imports & exports, linked to ecommerce >

In light of the fact that Bitcoin is still experimental and very volatile, would you say that this was a good or a bad decision and would you do the same?

Actually, leaving the main work then switch to Bitcoin is not a wrong decision, maybe they already know that Bitcoin it is allowed as a main job because of how many people are already earning huge income from Bitcoin, exceeding of their work at the Office.
yeah you wright but i have different opinion. I love my job in making money via bitcoin, but I never even leave my jobs in the real world. I am more interested in doing both, because both are equally mutually beneficial.
MMA
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
I think there are very few people who are determined to spend all their time in bitcoin. For me, one day I only spend about 5 hours doing bitcoin. But for a lover, it can really spend all day for it. live with bitcoin .. invest a lot on it. Track it up and down every day when there is a value fluctuation.
i think we should try to manage to give proper time to everything. we should continue our day job along with bitcoin. because i think we can easily manage to give good time to both to our day job as well as to bitcoin. i myself give 3 to 4 hours daily to bitcoin and getting good information  about the market in such time and therefore i can manage to continue my day job also.
Activity: 442
Merit: 101
I think there are very few people who are determined to spend all their time in bitcoin. For me, one day I only spend about 5 hours doing bitcoin. But for a lover, it can really spend all day for it. live with bitcoin .. invest a lot on it. Track it up and down every day when there is a value fluctuation
Activity: 1330
Merit: 248
I will not leave my job, I will maintain my Job and Bitcoin at the same time. I want to double my income because of my job and bitcoin. Even if I don't have bitcoin right now. I want to earn some of it and save it for the future of my family.
Activity: 267
Merit: 11
If the work is worth it, I would not quit, but if the other way round I will also quit. bit coin is rewarding enough if one can make a wise use of it like setting up a business.
Fully agree. Some of my friend quit theirs but they didn't believe the job was really good...and earning from btc they get now rather higher.

If you're not happy with your job and doing bitcoin makes you more happier then you can start thinking now.
And if you have funds that can sustain your daily needs when you quit your job then do it and yeah put some business that interest you. You know its hard working when you didn't want or love what your doing, you will not grow to this.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
it's not a smart decision. Bitcoin is very to access through technology. The secret is create more fiat the exchange it to BTC.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786

i also heard someone left their full-time job to speculation, but none of my friends did, i think its unwise to do this for the market is changeful and they may lose all, unless you enter this industry, otherwise they better have a steady income besides btc

It highly depends on the individual on what field he/she wants to focus on. There are many advantages of one staying on a company due to the benefits it provides on the long-run including health card insurances, social insurance program, and other essential insurances as well. Not to mention, the training it provides for people are irreplaceable and unique depending on the company. I highly discourage people leaving their current job for pursuing bitcoin because I believe that you can focus on both worlds at the same time while retaining a luxury.
Activity: 959
Merit: 500
I can not say how much there are.
The only group of people where I can imagine that leaving the day time job makes sense are the traders (and the big miners, of course).

For the rest of the bitcoin workers I am wondering if the increased bitcoin price might even pose a threat to them.
I think that the increasing number of long term investors stops bitcoin from circulating.
And without circulation how would anybody make money from a currency? That is an additionla risk everybody has to keep in mind.

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

i also heard someone left their full-time job to speculation, but none of my friends did, i think its unwise to do this for the market is changeful and they may lose all, unless you enter this industry, otherwise they better have a steady income besides btc
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Although I work, I can still find bitcoin, as long as smart set the time .. as the saying goes, dive while drinking water ... haha
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
It is better to keep stay in the real life by earning real physical money by day job and it is better and safer to invest your idle investment budget on bitcoins for the future pension plans.
It is better for me to be a risk taker and try other things and don't always stay from our comfort zones because it will not bring changes on us and magical things like what bitcoin gave to the people who left their job and took risk to be full time in bitcoin and if you will generalize those people then you can see that they are almost successful and they already earned a lot of money.
Activity: 490
Merit: 258

I do not actually consider myself as someone who left his full time employment over bitcoin, but I did leave my job because I find it practical to work from home instead of commuting for about a couple of hours a day.

Right now, my work is a freelance writer. I take jobs in exchange to bitcoins, I write articles, blogs, and I join signature campaigns. So maybe yes, I had left my full time job to go "indirectly" to bitcoin; and you may also want to consider me as a hardcore bitcoin enthusiast since I do not earn fiat for a while now.

You know mi amigo, each of us has a different punto de vista (point of view)... I didn't really care whether bitcoin is experimental or whatever, as long as I earn from it. There are lots of pros in bitcoin over paper money, but that would be off topic already. I would not recommend everyone to go full time in bitcoin. They must study the pros and cons first, and then they decide.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100

Ive been talking about my friend about that too, we have a pretty decent goal now which we will mix our business with cryptocurrencies payment because what I'm seeing nowadays is people and businesses here is not open to cryptocurrencies. So our business is the first of a kind when we did that but and were are making a progress in our hometown which even some people here are having glimpse about crypto. Good or bad I think what matters here is that we are pioneering this product and the first comers will have the advantage on the future if others follow your store or business, in my opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: