Pages:
Author

Topic: How old are you and what brought you into Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 4685 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 101
I recently got into bitcoin and it's super exciting. Bought my first coins at the end of September.  It's been a pleasant roller coaster ride so far.  I'm feeling positive about bitcoin. There need to be more services accepting the currency!
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi
I am 35 from Buenos Aires, Argentina
I found out about bitcoin in febrabry 2013 from one of my best friends that came all excited about this currency, took me a while to fully understand how it works, and since I am a fan (or more exactly, obssessed with) GPU technology, one month later I was mining, and been mining ever since, of course now I am mining scrypt currencies.
Also been a while in this forum but always as anonymous, now it's time to show up properly hehe
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
i am 28 my friend told me about this and i think its fun so i am here
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
I am 32, and surprised I am about the median age.

I heard about Bitcoin on Slashdot in about 2010, but dismissed it as an interesting concept that would never work. About a year later I actually started following it (Wow, worth over $1/BTC!), but did not buy until this summer.

I am concerned that computers are fundamentally insecure. My Bitcoins are in cold storage until I can set up a "secure" computer for doing Bitcoin transactions. I also hope to set up a Bitcoin node (with token mining). So far have spent more on that than Bitcoins themselves Tongue
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
Tell Me What A Man Is Without Pride .
i am 36 the news brought me here
Activity: 16
I am 41 and got a few Btc from my brother.
Activity: 19
I'm 56.
My sons (23 and 29) got me into it- they built a custom GPU rig for BTC mining about 2 years ago. I started reading up on it, and when it came time to build a new PC for my home office, I got a nice case that can hold the longer GPU cards. I now run 2 cards in it (5830 and 5750).  With the BTC difficulty increase, I have since switched them to LTC.

Back in Feb 2013 I ordered a BFL 30 Gh Little Single, and just got it a week or so ago.  It was defective. It came with only 2 screws holding the motherboard, and a rattling loose Mobo screw.  Even after adding the screw, the PC couldn't see it, and the fan wouldn't turn. So still didn't run. Sad .  After an RMA, got a working one a quick week later and have been ASIC mining BTC's since.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
My attention to Bitcoin got article how a pizza was sold for 10.000 BTC which after 2 years are worth 1.000.000 USD !
Activity: 504
37 and started mining for...

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
27 here, started mining after some news came out about how people earn $100,000 with mining...
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
in next technological revolution i will be there
i'm 29, first time i heard about bitcoin was in May 2013, i have a KNC miner since 15th October.
Activity: 658
38 and looking for an alternative too Fiat, big fan of gold and silver Smiley
Activity: 210
I'm 23 and regret brings me here.

I was using Tor back in the day for shit and giggles when SR was just starting and bitcoins were 14 dollars or so and i didnt buy.... Well fuck me huh
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I am almost 40 after losing too much in Liberty Reserve came to this forum and now try to have some worth and good contribution mostly read on google search and on this forum  Smiley
Activity: 1
Hello, I'm 27. I think it was open source world (as a long time Linux user) which brought me to Bitcoin. After my first ever BTC trade yesterday I can safely ask - why do we need banks anymore? Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
This may have been asked before, but I have not seen it. I guess many of you will try (and fail) to be funny with all sorts of jokes, but it would be interesting to know what kind of people are here right now.
Feel free to add your location too.
I'm in my mid-20s and reside in California (USA). I don't think I want to get too much more specific than that! Good to see so much diversity on the forums!  Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
37 something fresh
Activity: 182
20 years old Smiley
And curiosity
Activity: 1
I'm 29. At present I am working as CNC engineer. I've heard firstly about bitcion at the end of 2011, though mianly have been using ATI cards for sl3 bruteforcing for a year at least. Got some info through gsm forums and.. et voilà! I have been playing with gpus and diffrent kinds of fpga for minning so far.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
35 , read some post with mining but never started and regreting now Sad
Pages:
Jump to: