Pages:
Author

Topic: How old are you and what brought you into Bitcoin? - page 4. (Read 4685 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I seem to be one of the youngest ones around here. I'm 19 and reddit somehow brought me here.

Nope, I'm 14, so I'm youngest from what I've seen here. I first heard of it at age 12, but.. I.. formatted my laptop. With my wallet. With possible bitcoins on it. I was unaware..
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I seem to be one of the youngest ones around here. I'm 19 and reddit somehow brought me here.
Activity: 33
I'm 23, and I got into it about 3 months ago...been kicking myself for not doing it sooner, kicking myself for not getting in on the Avalon batches, and will probably start kicking myself for not getting in on BFL if they start shipping en masse.  Making a little money on the side, and having fun with it - I love ordering piles of parts and building mining rigs.
I got my parents to a point where they're okay with it and they let me install a 120/240V 50A outlet in the basement for my mining rigs. Grin
Activity: 18
I'm 22. I'm a programmer, and Bitcoin is an interesting technology. I like that it allows you to ignore the overly complicated world of Visa/Paypal/etc if you happen to be programming something.
Activity: 12
37, I think. Smiley Heard about bitcoin from a coworker a couple years ago, but never put the time into setting up a miner. Oops. Then a guy I met at a party a couple months ago couldn't stop talking about it so I figured it was time. Kind of obsessed now.
Activity: 14
In my twenties and being the 99% brought me to Bitcoins.
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
25, got infected by my little brother..
Activity: 169
Since I have found bitcoin, I have shown about 10 people, most of which don't wan to even touch it. Oh well, more Bitcoin for me! <3
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
freedomainradio.com
Really interesting thread  Cheesy
Im 21 and first hear about bitcoin about a year ago when i was buying a VPN subscription. They were around $13 back then but i didnt realize the potential. I love the technical side of it and iv recently gotten interested in econmics. So Bitcoin is a blend of my two favorite things: Technology and economics
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Did a bit of mining in 2011, but the girlfriend at the time thought my computer was making too much noise.

Now I'm back, and with a vengeance.

Same, except this year, so she had more of a point - 0.1 bitcoin/week with a noisy computer isn't really worth it, so I've stopped with the mining. Cheesy

I can't remember how I heard about Bitcoin to be honest. Probably Reddit.
Activity: 242
Merit: 110
Got invovlved after hearing about the shut down of Liberty Reserve,wish I found out earlier
Activity: 12
i like that it helps me learn more about my computer and the capabilities of the hardware
Activity: 29
i'm 24 years old and first read about bitcoin on a german it news site back in march.. would be cool if i heard it before but anyway. it's intresting to be a part of this!
UTX
Activity: 9
34 - I'm interested in alternate currencies.
Activity: 196
28, and I want to make a little money on the side. Im essentially treating this as a high risk investment, essentially gambling with some spare money I have. Loving the sense of adventure that Bitcoin gives me Smiley
Old enough.. figured it's time to try my luck at this gambling with mining. =}
LOL
Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Did a bit of mining in 2011, but the girlfriend at the time thought my computer was making too much noise.

Now I'm back, and with a vengeance.
Activity: 32
about a week ago, I needed to buy something online without using my credit card because I didn't trust the seller.
Activity: 19
Mid 30s. The mrs. and I have a "joint" bitcoin account. Got involved during the bubble of April. Thank God Bistamp took so long to process our fiat - otherwise we would've bought at >$200. Ending up buying a whole load at $57 -- sweet Smiley .. and then lost 20 BTC pretending to be a day trader. Got a few ASICMINER-PT shares .. which gives me a decent amount of pocket money through dividends. Thinking of investing in the Bitfury Asicminer soon... hence why trying to post in the newbie forums like a boss to get the chance to participate elsewhere Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: