Pages:
Author

Topic: How old are you and what brought you into Bitcoin? - page 5. (Read 4685 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
14 - known about it since I was 11 from a /g/ thread
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
I'm 14 and my dad got me into Bitcoin Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
Right now i am 21, and i was about to start mining bitcoin 3 years ago with one of my friends, but we did nnot have a place to put the mining rig, so we asked my parents, if we cut set it up at my place, they talked us out of it, and now i am back. Smiley

Sorry they talked you out of it. :/ Great you follow your own instincts now. Smiley
Activity: 960
Merit: 502
Right now i am 21, and i was about to start mining bitcoin 3 years ago with one of my friends, but we did nnot have a place to put the mining rig, so we asked my parents, if we cut set it up at my place, they talked us out of it, and now i am back. Smiley
Activity: 294
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
I heard about bitcoin from friends since 2011 but had rejected it. I sympathized with friends who lost a lot of money after the collapse in 2011. Middle 2012 my passionate friend was continuing to bring it up and I finally started to bring up my strong counterarguments I had against it (government clamp down & deflationary nature). He made me see they were invalid and since then it basically has taken over my life. Smiley

Upon research I noticed that another friend had sent me a link about Bitcoin already in middle of 2010! I don't even remember having checked it out. I guess one needs some free space in his head as well to be open for it.
Activity: 12
28, I love the concept of Bitcoins and the rush of the adventure...
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
In my thirties. I first heard about Bitcoins and the deep web, and didn't think much of it. Several years passed, then I heard about Litecoins. I needed Bitcoins to acquire these (wasn't a miner). That was when I learned more about Bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
23 and I wanted an easy way to accept free lance jobs and get paid.
Activity: 5
I'm gonna stay anonymous, but I love the idea of bitcoins, and that's what got me into it.
Activity: 21
28, I deal with compliance in the finance industry...  heard about bitcoin on zero-hedge and have been hooked ever since.  I also needed a freedom outlet after Ron Paul retired Smiley
Activity: 2
Thank you for pointing this out. This is not because of drugs. It's just me.
Activity: 280
28. I wanted to find a "hole" in bitcoin, as I fought about it as a ponsi sheme.
Seems like the first confession that Silkroad brought them to bitcoin.
Seriously, check your grammar! Three mistakes in one sentence is too much.
Activity: 2
28. I wanted to find a "hole" in bitcoin, as I fought about it as a ponsi sheme.
dm8
Activity: 30
I'm from the UK, over 30, and had read about Bitcoins here and there. Ordered a Butterfly Lab Jalapeno, but of course I don't have it yet. Started to get serious after the Cypriot banking crisis. Have been lurking around these boards for about 3 months now.

Oh, yes, mining Bitcoins seems a good excuse to buy cool hardware  Smiley

im also in the uk. the cypriot crisis cost me a fortune too. bitcoins seem to have been around for ages, its only now ive been forced to diversify. given the current state of world economics, wish i could go back a few years
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
I'm old enough  Wink and started about 2 weeks ago. Laptop is not good for this even when it is a gaming laptop so i will build a mining desktop soon.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
why age is needed?

This is just a post of interest, to see what kind of people there are here, I assume.

Exactly. I think it helps us to make much more sense of the Bitcoin landscape when we know the average age of BTC users. I also personally like demographics. I want to know if BTC is only a new generation thing, or there are people of all ages/socio-economic strata/countries here
Activity: 47
Merit: 2
23 and I am interested in Bitcoin because of Ecommerce. Selling worldwide now is bit of a hassle, but with bitcoin, it is so much easier.
51, and i plan on using the coins to pay for my shady activities with ladies of the night. 

LOL!
23, and the mediahype when btc hit 100 USD.

I haven't burned myself or made some serious returns yet. Never mined anything or have any deeper knowlege about programming.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
why age is needed?

This is just a post of interest, to see what kind of people there are here, I assume.
Pages:
Jump to: