Pages:
Author

Topic: How old are you and what brought you into Bitcoin? - page 6. (Read 4685 times)

eve
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
why age is needed?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hello im 25 and we put money together with my friend and bought some machines with Graphics cards and we mined some bitcoins. We were only sad we started too late to have more Smiley But now im more into it and wants to know more, but cant ask questions yet in real discusion Sad
Activity: 4
27.  I got into bitcoin back in 2009 and only ran it for a few days then forgot about it till I heard news it was ~$30USD/1BTC.  I thought I would check to see how many I had.  150BTC...  in an adrenaline induced state, I sold it all off then.  Semi-regretting that decision now ><
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Very interesting thread! I am glad I started it. Keep on replying guys! Nice to know the people behind the usernames.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Activity: 35
31 AND MY FIANCE GOT ME STARTED WITH MINING

love the capslock
Activity: 18
51, and i plan on using the coins to pay for my shady activities with ladies of the night. 
Activity: 4
Various news articles popping up (after the April crash).
Activity: 169
21, USA, the PBS idea channel on youtube did a special about virtual economies and Bitcoin. I just had to get in on this!
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
I like bitcoins because they can't be devalued by a central authority. And I'm 47!  Grin
Activity: 7
Got into it after hearing about it through AVTM.
Activity: 27
I'm 29 and I work in IT. I don't remember where I first heard about bitcoin but I started trading back in 2011.
Activity: 19
31 AND MY FIANCE GOT ME STARTED WITH MINING

That's cool Cheesy

I would have to agree!!
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045
I am 25. Been in and out of the Bitcoin world, but finally decided to take a full plunge a few weeks earlier. Hoping to contribute something meaningful to the ecosystem. Trying out a few advertising services now
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Where do you gamble and why there?

Haha, where to start? And as the post below me suggested, nope never tried Satoshi Dice! Don't intend to.
PrimeDice - Fun game, currently a loss there, don't intend to try and get positive there.
BitMillions - Buy a ticket occasionally, won 0.5BTC recently
BitVegas - 2BTC+
Coinroll - Used the free bonus here +0.1BTC
BetsonEurovision + 0.04BTC (not a lot, but still nice)

And probably a lot more, that I'm currently forgetting, I play them because I find it fun. I've also been gifted BTC by some generous people, and have about +0.52BTC profit from an ASICminer share.

Thanks for sharing Smiley Why did you never try SD and do not intend to?

Not sure really, heard about a lot of people losing there, same as any dice game probably, but I won't try it.
Activity: 238
I heard about it on OmegaTau podcast.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

Haha, where to start? And as the post below me suggested, nope never tried Satoshi Dice! Don't intend to.
PrimeDice - Fun game, currently a loss there, don't intend to try and get positive there.
BitVegas - 2BTC+

And probably a lot more, that I'm currently forgetting, I play them because I find it fun. I've also been gifted BTC by some generous people, and have about +0.52BTC profit from an ASICminer share.

Thanks for sharing Smiley Why did you never try SD and do not intend to?
Activity: 224
I'm 31 and I got interested when seeing a report about Bitcoin in german TV. It's a nice concept. In my view not so much on a local basis but much more on a global internetcentric basis.

I believe a few years from now, when things are more secure, Bitcoin will be THE method for payment in the internet (it's  a long way but the potential is there that Paypal and credit cards will be replaced). I also think it will greatly ease up disconnecting the location of employers and employees. By that I mean that by using Bitcoin you will easily be able to pay people on the other side of the globe to do work for you. I think that's a concept a lot of companies (especially internet companies) will adopt.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I'm 14, and I got interested in the concept, read a lot about it, tried to mine, had a bad hashrate, bought bitcoins, gambled, won, invested, profited, having fun.

Quit gambling while you're ahead!  Wink

I am, don't worry. What I gamble are small amounts. (0.001-0.01)

BitVegas - 2BTC+

Activity: 28
I'm 14, and I got interested in the concept, read a lot about it, tried to mine, had a bad hashrate, bought bitcoins, gambled, won, invested, profited, having fun.

Quit gambling while you're ahead!  Wink

I am, don't worry. What I gamble are small amounts. (0.001-0.01)

Good question.

Probably Satoshi dice unless he hit the bigtime on one of the lotteries Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: