Pages:
Author

Topic: How old is earth - page 2. (Read 12880 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 26, 2016, 04:49:13 PM
the earth is about 59billion billion years old and I do not know exactly what will be the correct answer for it as you can find it on google but I know one think due to evolution we are here today

Well, probability math and cause and effect say that evolution doesn't work.

And regarding the age of the earth, you are wrong. You are off by 5 minutes.

Cool

The math you showed had nothing to do with evolution.
Read up on what it is

You have two ways you can go with evolution. Either you go with cause and effect, or you go with random mutation that is not associated with cause and effect.

Random without cause and effect has never been shown to exist anywhere.

This means that evolution, whatever definition there is for it, comes about by cause and effect. Cause and effect essentially equals programming. And programming needs a programmer. In the case of evolution, the programmer is God.

There is nothing else except science fiction.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
September 26, 2016, 04:11:01 PM
the earth is about 59billion billion years old and I do not know exactly what will be the correct answer for it as you can find it on google but I know one think due to evolution we are here today

Cool

Read up on what it is

I am fairly conversant with advanced probability and math.  In no fashion does it or "cause and effect" say that evolution does not work. 

What happens with people like Badecker is that someone who looks and acts sciency says things like this to them and they just go repeat it, not really knowing any better.

It's a shame, but that's the way it works.
Activity: 978
Merit: 506
September 26, 2016, 03:29:31 PM

Cool

Exclusively, Word for badecker:

For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the LOGOS, the heavens were of OLD, and the flat earth standing out of the water and in the water.

So you are wrong. Earth is old and you are willingly ignorant. Case closed, no need to reply.
Activity: 555
Merit: 507
September 26, 2016, 02:23:32 PM

Cool

Read up on what it is
legendary
September 26, 2016, 01:43:36 PM

Cool
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
One world One currency, Bitcoin.
September 26, 2016, 01:35:32 PM
legendary
September 26, 2016, 01:26:01 PM
I'm willing to bet this man believes he's a direct descendant of a monkey living in a tree in Africa billions of years ago.

If you could see how hairy I am then you'd believe it too, although I don't like bananas....go figure!!!  Grin

I also like the assumption that I'm a man.

Cheesy You have a sense of humor.

I see you neither believe in God nor intend to believe in Him...

While I do not agree with your point of view, I will respect your decision.
Why?

Because everybody has a free will.

Right. And the sooner we all know it, the easier it will be to separate ourselves from them. I mean, we don't want to go along with them and burn.

Cool
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
MERCATOX
September 26, 2016, 12:48:41 PM
I'm willing to bet this man believes he's a direct descendant of a monkey living in a tree in Africa billions of years ago.

If you could see how hairy I am then you'd believe it too, although I don't like bananas....go figure!!!  Grin

Cheesy You have a sense of humor.

I see you neither believe in God nor intend to believe in Him...

While I do not agree with your point of view, I will respect your decision.
Why?

Because everybody has a free will.
legendary
September 25, 2016, 12:43:10 AM

Another part is that the so-called mutations are programmed in.

Mutations don't happen because of the programming. The only reason mutations appear to happen is because we don't understand the programming.

So which is it? Are mutations part of the programming or not? You're either arguing against yourself or lack the ability to convey your true meaning.
Do you have eyes, but fail to see? Or can't you read? Or don't you have any reading comprehension at all?

Look at my statement that you quoted, below, right under this that I am saying right here: "Everything that we know in the universe comes about through cause and effect." Not just almost everything. Rather EVERYTHING... even the causes are effects of prior causes. This says PROGRAMMING.

Hahahaha!!!! I point out a contradiction you make to seek clarification and you launch into personal insults.  Roll Eyes

If you can't see that your two above statements (highlighted and underlined for emphasis) contradict each other then continuing any conversation with you is pointless as you're not the type of person who can admit when they make a mistake.

You keep raising cause and effect as a reason a God must exist but yet you fail to recognize that the same argument can be used against the existence of a God.

And you fail to show any reasoning why you think that cause and effect has to apply to a God that exists outside of this cause and effect universe, especially considering that there was no cause and effect in existence before God made it specifically for this universe.

Cool

The reasoning is quite simple, for your God to have been able to have been the "cause" to "effect" the universe into existence means that cause and effect exist in the realm where your God exists.

God was the cause that caused the universe. The universe is the effect. Before God caused the universe, nobody knows if He caused anything else.

And, again, the word "before" is not really appropriate, because there is no time in eternity... before God made time in the universe. But in an attempt to get the idea across, because of our weakness in understanding, sometimes we need to use words that don't match reality.

Cool
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
September 24, 2016, 10:24:08 PM

If you could see how hairy I am then you'd believe it too, although I don't like bananas....go figure!!!  Grin

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
September 24, 2016, 10:08:06 PM

Mutations don't happen because of the programming. The only reason mutations appear to happen is because we don't understand the programming.

So which is it? Are mutations part of the programming or not? You're either arguing against yourself or lack the ability to convey your true meaning.
Do you have eyes, but fail to see? Or can't you read? Or don't you have any reading comprehension at all?

Look at my statement that you quoted, below, right under this that I am saying right here: "Everything that we know in the universe comes about through cause and effect." Not just almost everything. Rather EVERYTHING... even the causes are effects of prior causes. This says PROGRAMMING.

Hahahaha!!!! I point out a contradiction you make to seek clarification and you launch into personal insults.  Roll Eyes

If you can't see that your two above statements (highlighted and underlined for emphasis) contradict each other then continuing any conversation with you is pointless as you're not the type of person who can admit when they make a mistake.

You keep raising cause and effect as a reason a God must exist but yet you fail to recognize that the same argument can be used against the existence of a God.

And you fail to show any reasoning why you think that cause and effect has to apply to a God that exists outside of this cause and effect universe, especially considering that there was no cause and effect in existence before God made it specifically for this universe.

Cool

The reasoning is quite simple, for your God to have been able to have been the "cause" to "effect" the universe into existence means that cause and effect exist in the realm where your God exists.

September 24, 2016, 09:42:52 PM

Cool

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
September 24, 2016, 12:10:03 PM
How old do you think Earth is? Why?

My point of view was nobody knows how old earth is. We must remember that Earth was created without any human in that time. Human was created after the earth has been fully launch in the universe. That time there no any technology on earth. So there no exact information about the age of Earth, everything that we will heard or read is just an assumption.

strength and human intelligence will not be able to measure the exact age of the earth. the power of the human brain has not been able to do so. humans have limitations and age of the earth is not possible to predict.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
September 24, 2016, 11:26:40 AM
How old do you think Earth is? Why?

My point of view was nobody knows how old earth is. We must remember that Earth was created without any human in that time. Human was created after the earth has been fully launch in the universe. That time there no any technology on earth. So there no exact information about the age of Earth, everything that we will heard or read is just an assumption.
legendary
September 24, 2016, 09:57:03 AM

Everything that we know in the universe comes about through cause and effect. Science has for years been looking for something that proves pure random (which is the opposite of cause and effect). They have not been able to find anything that is pure random. So they have twisted their theories into "odds-things," just so that they can say that probability strongly suggests that pure random is true, and therefore it is true. However, they don't quite say it directly, yet. They simply imply that their odds are the thing that is the reality when it is not.

Part of the point in all this is that science says that it is looking for the truth. Everything in nature that we understand points towards God via cause and effect. So, why is it that science wants to ignore the obvious, and instead try to twist it into something that it is not? Shouldn't the reverse be the thing that they would do? Shouldn't they state right out in the open that cause and effect points towards the existence of God, and that they have been testing it out for decades but haven't been able to find anything to refute it and God's existence? Do they really want truth and fact after all? Or are they simply liars?

The universe had a beginning as expressed by entropy and complexity. God made the beginning. In order to begin the universe, God must at least be outside of it in part. We can't even conceive what being outside of the universe must be like, since we are so attached to the universe. So, how in the world are we going to be able to calculate anything about God except if He tells us?

Cool

Cool
September 24, 2016, 04:45:44 AM

Everything that we know in the universe comes about through cause and effect. Science has for years been looking for something that proves pure random (which is the opposite of cause and effect). They have not been able to find anything that is pure random. So they have twisted their theories into "odds-things," just so that they can say that probability strongly suggests that pure random is true, and therefore it is true. However, they don't quite say it directly, yet. They simply imply that their odds are the thing that is the reality when it is not.

Part of the point in all this is that science says that it is looking for the truth. Everything in nature that we understand points towards God via cause and effect. So, why is it that science wants to ignore the obvious, and instead try to twist it into something that it is not? Shouldn't the reverse be the thing that they would do? Shouldn't they state right out in the open that cause and effect points towards the existence of God, and that they have been testing it out for decades but haven't been able to find anything to refute it and God's existence? Do they really want truth and fact after all? Or are they simply liars?

The universe had a beginning as expressed by entropy and complexity. God made the beginning. In order to begin the universe, God must at least be outside of it in part. We can't even conceive what being outside of the universe must be like, since we are so attached to the universe. So, how in the world are we going to be able to calculate anything about God except if He tells us?

Cool

legendary
September 24, 2016, 03:12:38 AM
It seems to me that the age of the Earth several billion years. 6000 years is very little to evolve from unicellular to man

Evolution is probability math impossible - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-mathematical-impossibility-of-evolution-1454732.

Cool

If evolution is mathematically impossible how do you explain the mutation of flu viruses as detailed here: http://jvi.asm.org/content/80/7/3675.full ?

Part of the explanation is the definition of the word "evolution." Another part is that the so-called mutations are programmed in.

I have not clicked the link. I am not going to go into details of something without first looking at the basics. The basics of everything is cause and effect, as upheld by Newton's 3rd Law. This means that even so-called mutations are cause and effect brought into being.

Cause and effect acts like programming. Programming means a programmer. Because of the size and complexity of the universe (wherein we see nothing but cause and effect programming), the Programmer of the universe must be very great. Such a Programmer matches our definition of the word "God." In fact, our definition of "God" does not do Him nearly enough justice to honor Him correctly and properly. He is far greater than our definition of Him says or implies.

Cool

So in essence what you're saying is that everything in the universe has been programmed (by your God) to allow it to change and become something else ie evolve. I'm still missing the part where mathematics proves that evolution isn't possible.
Not exactly. Everything in the universe is programmed by God over all.

The definition of "evolve" includes various ideas. Mutations don't happen because of the programming. The only reason mutations appear to happen is because we don't understand the programming.

Roll the dice, toss the coin, look at the odds. The odds against non-programmed change in life are so extremely great that such change is impossible.

The underlying message in all your posts is that humans don't contain the necessary intelligence to be able to explain the workings, what you call "God's machines", of the universe, yet you make references to human studies to back up your statements eg. Newton's third law. If everything is cause and effect, then what cause effected your God into existence? And if something effected your God into existence, isn't it possible that this same cause effected the universe into existence? Alternatively, if your God simply existed from the start, then isn't it also possible that the universe always existed from the start?

Cool
September 24, 2016, 02:30:11 AM
It seems to me that the age of the Earth several billion years. 6000 years is very little to evolve from unicellular to man

Evolution is probability math impossible - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-mathematical-impossibility-of-evolution-1454732.

Cool

If evolution is mathematically impossible how do you explain the mutation of flu viruses as detailed here: http://jvi.asm.org/content/80/7/3675.full ?

Part of the explanation is the definition of the word "evolution." Another part is that the so-called mutations are programmed in.

I have not clicked the link. I am not going to go into details of something without first looking at the basics. The basics of everything is cause and effect, as upheld by Newton's 3rd Law. This means that even so-called mutations are cause and effect brought into being.

Cause and effect acts like programming. Programming means a programmer. Because of the size and complexity of the universe (wherein we see nothing but cause and effect programming), the Programmer of the universe must be very great. Such a Programmer matches our definition of the word "God." In fact, our definition of "God" does not do Him nearly enough justice to honor Him correctly and properly. He is far greater than our definition of Him says or implies.

Cool

So in essence what you're saying is that everything in the universe has been programmed (by your God) to allow it to change and become something else ie evolve. I'm still missing the part where mathematics proves that evolution isn't possible.

The underlying message in all your posts is that humans don't contain the necessary intelligence to be able to explain the workings, what you call "God's machines", of the universe, yet you make references to human studies to back up your statements eg. Newton's third law. If everything is cause and effect, then what cause effected your God into existence? And if something effected your God into existence, isn't it possible that this same cause effected the universe into existence? Alternatively, if your God simply existed from the start, then isn't it also possible that the universe always existed from the start?
legendary
September 24, 2016, 01:25:45 AM

Cool

Cool
September 23, 2016, 10:38:17 PM

Cool

Pages:
Jump to: