Pages:
Author

Topic: How old is earth - page 6. (Read 12880 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
September 14, 2016, 10:47:56 PM
You are talking about the Adam era i.e the time man came into the picture. It is true that man is 6000+ years old on this planet and the "new earth" was created about 6000+ years ago to accommodate life as we know it.

I am talking of the pre-Adam era, before God created man.

Lucifer traded and walked in the garden of Eden. There was an old garden of Eden... there must have been an old Earth. I think God has destroyed and created Earth more often than we thought... I know the hidden things belong to God.

This has got nothing to do with evolution, man didn't evolve from apes and no animal evolved from another animal. But really, how old are the angels... do you know?

In the book of revelations, Lucifer is called the ancient serpent. How old is he?
Scientists say the universe is billions of years old, I can't argue with that.
You and I both know Lucifer existed long before Adam was created..
I do not know how old he is...

The bible is silent on life before the creation of man... things happened before Adam was created. Things we were not told.

While the first verse in the Bible covers a period that is unknown, because things like the electromagnetic spectrum had not been settled into place before there was light, the KEY biblical understanding of this is that "the earth was formless and void." In other words, there is no knowledge of what went before the day that light was made. Some of it might correspond to billions of years, or trillions. Other of it would correspond to only an instant, like a nano-second or less. And some might correspond to any amount of time in between.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
September 14, 2016, 07:27:40 PM
It's interesting how Christians are the only group of people who object to the age of the Earth...

No they are not.  Muslims are similar "fundamentalists" and believe the same crock of shit.

I have to date not met a single Muslim fundamentalist who believes that the Earth is 6,000 years old.
If it was 6000 years old, methinks it would be one pretty hot rock.

Because we could figure the numbers on all that inbound gravitational energy turned into compression and heat, and then look at outbound radiant energy, which is essentially a 2d outflow, 3d inflow problem.  So the rock would stay hot a long time, which it has indeed, still having a molten core and such.

legendary
September 14, 2016, 07:23:23 PM
It's interesting how Christians are the only group of people who object to the age of the Earth...

No they are not.  Muslims are similar "fundamentalists" and believe the same crock of shit.

I have to date not met a single Muslim fundamentalist who believes that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Why? Won't they let you date married Muslim fundamentalists?    Grin

I have dated many fundies in the past. Fundie girls are the best, especially the Christian ones, hahahaha.
Oh, man.  Those preachers' daughters...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
MERCATOX
September 14, 2016, 05:37:57 PM
You are talking about the Adam era i.e the time man came into the picture. It is true that man is 6000+ years old on this planet and the "new earth" was created about 6000+ years ago to accommodate life as we know it.

I am talking of the pre-Adam era, before God created man.

Lucifer traded and walked in the garden of Eden. There was an old garden of Eden... there must have been an old Earth. I think God has destroyed and created Earth more often than we thought... I know the hidden things belong to God.

This has got nothing to do with evolution, man didn't evolve from apes and no animal evolved from another animal. But really, how old are the angels... do you know?

In the book of revelations, Lucifer is called the ancient serpent. How old is he?
Scientists say the universe is billions of years old, I can't argue with that.
You and I both know Lucifer existed long before Adam was created..
I do not know how old he is...

The bible is silent on life before the creation of man... things happened before Adam was created. Things we were not told.
legendary
September 14, 2016, 04:19:36 PM
The bible is silent on how old earth really is.
This is for bible readers...

<>

The Bible isn't silent on the age of the earth. It is simply encrypted in a really strong but gentle way regarding many things. From http://www.albatrus.org/english/theology/creation/biblical_age_earth.htm:
Biblical Age of Earth

by  David V. Bassett, M.S.

Beginning with the archeological landmark event of the fall of Jerusalem (which has now been corrected to 588 B.C., instead of 586-587 B.C.) and counting backwards the prophesied number of years between this event and the division of Solomon's kingdom (390 yrs. + 40 yrs., according to Ezekiel 4:4-7), brings us to 1018 B.C.

From the end of Solomon's 40-year reign to the start of the Temple in the 4th year of his reign takes us back another 37 years to 1055 B.C.

From the start of Solomon's Temple "in the 480th year" (1 Kings 6:1) back to the Exodus from Egypt (hence 479 years previous) brings us to near 1534 B.C.

From the Exodus out of Egypt to Abraham's entering Canaan from Haran was exactly 430 years to the day (Gen 12:10/ Exodus 12:40/ Gal 3:17), thus around 1964 B.C.

Since Abraham entered Canaan at age 75 (Gen 12:4), he was born approximately 2039 B.C.

From Abraham's birth to Noah's grandson (Shem's son), Arpachshad's birth, 2 years after the Flood started, was 290 years (Gen 11:11-26), this places the onset of the Flood at around 2331 B.C. [definitely 4,300-4,400 years ago].

The genealogy of Genesis 5:3-32 precludes any gaps due to its tight chronological structure and gives us 1,656 years between Creation and the Flood, thus bringing Creation Week back to near 3987 B.C. or approximately 4000 B.C.

Therefore, the biblical age of the Earth (using Scripture itself as a guide) is 6,000 years !! Mankind did not evolve 4 million years ago on an Earth which is 4.5 billion years old in a universe which was "big-banged" into existence 18-20 billion years in the distant past. Jesus Christ, the Creator Incarnate, said He made mankind male and female in the beginning (Mark 10:6), and that when the heavens and the earth were commanded into being (Gen 1:1), they "stood up together" (Isa 48:13) not billions of years apart !!

Go to the website and look, because the explanation is lacking here, because of the HTML scripting at the actual site.

Note that between Arphaxad and Salah in the Gen 11:11-26 genealogy, that there was another, Cainan. Cainan was probably dropped by an early scribe because his name was too close to Caanan, son of Ham, causing a mix-up. "12When Arphaxad had lived 35 years, he became the father of Cainan. 13And after he became the father of Cainan, Arphaxad lived 430 years and had other sons and daughters, and then he died. When Cainan had lived 130 years, he became the father of Shelah. And after he became the father of Shelah, Cainan lived 330 years and had other sons and daughters." This adds 130 years to the indicated section of time making it 420 years rather than 290 years.

Cool
Activity: 238
MERCATOX
September 14, 2016, 12:09:37 PM
The bible is silent on how old earth really is.
This is for bible readers...

In the book of Ezekiel, it is written that Lucifer walked the garden of Eden, traded, had a mighty angel guarding him till evil was found in him... which means the garden of Eden existed before the time of Adam.

Genesis 1: 1.  In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.
                  2.  The Earth was formless and desolate and darkness was upon the surface of the waters.

Commentary: When God created the heavens, it had a form... so also the Earth.

Question: What happened to the Earth to now make it formless and desolate?

Suggestion: Could it be that a fight ensued in the heavens which destroyed the old Earth and God had to rebuild it from the foundation...
                              Could that be the explanation for the existence of dinosaurs and why they suddenly went extinct... there are fossils to prove they once lived.
                              Could dinosaurs have lived during the time Lucifer walked the garden of Eden...

I do not believe in evolution, but I know dinosaurs once lived, probably in the old earth...

Conclusion: There are so many things the bible is silent on, we will know when we get to heaven and see God.

Activity: 826
Merit: 504
September 14, 2016, 11:38:50 AM

No they are not.  Muslims are similar "fundamentalists" and believe the same crock of shit.

I have dated many fundies in the past. Fundie girls are the best, especially the Christian ones, hahahaha.
legendary
September 14, 2016, 10:58:56 AM
Religion is bullshit, there is absolutely no prove of it to exist. Thats why i believe scientists, their stories make alot more sense to me.

However, if you do even a mediocre search on the dictionary definition of "religion," you will find that scientists and their science are a religion. Or don't do the search, and maintain your silly belief, which is a religion for you.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
September 14, 2016, 09:53:55 AM
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
September 14, 2016, 12:55:33 AM
Some say around 4.5 billion years, lol and we only live max 120 years yet manage to screw our lives for eternity which is very longer than 100 billion years.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
September 14, 2016, 12:48:08 AM
In some scriptures declare that the universe created in 6 days, but science states the universe was created billions of years and takes about 9 billion years until the sun and the earth eventually formed. Some people would say that the "days" mentioned is actually a "period" or "period" and not the actual day, but you can not show the information of the holy book itself supporting the statement
legendary
September 13, 2016, 09:45:49 PM

September 12, 2016, 12:15:20 PM
No one can say exactly what's the exact age of earth now. By dating the rocks in the ever-changing crust, as well as neighbors such as the moon and visiting meteorites, scientists have calculated that Earth is 4.54 billion years old, with an error range of 50 million years according to the site below.
www.space.com/24854-how-old-is-earth.html

Scientists don't date rocks.

I'm pretty sure Tesla dated rocks, he was a weirdo.
legendary
September 12, 2016, 10:41:07 AM
No one can say exactly what's the exact age of earth now. By dating the rocks in the ever-changing crust, as well as neighbors such as the moon and visiting meteorites, scientists have calculated that Earth is 4.54 billion years old, with an error range of 50 million years according to the site below.

Scientists don't date rocks. They simply claim that they are dating rocks. Then they make up some numbers, and toss them out there for us to believe.

Cool
Activity: 126
September 12, 2016, 10:02:36 AM
September 11, 2016, 04:07:33 PM

legendary
September 11, 2016, 12:32:44 PM

September 11, 2016, 11:56:51 AM
It's interesting how Christians are the only group of people who object to the age of the Earth, while everybody else accepts it. Most Christians are not even Young Earth Creationists themselves today. One group of Christians is right, the other isn't. You would think that an all wise, all knowing, loving deity that brags about universal truth would have made it clear to his "chosen people" in his only source of communication: vague scrolls found dried up at a beach somewhere in the Middle East.

Christianity is "rainbow fascism". What I mean by that is, they have all the traits of fascism (ie believe they're God's chosen people, others are inferior to them, etc) but they try and sugar coat it so it can be fed to the masses, which is what makes it so dangerous.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
legendary
September 11, 2016, 09:00:29 AM
It is approximately 7 billion years old. Because when the time god make the universe big bang theory will happen it is like an explosion of one particles that is the sun and create 9 sphere which is also known now a planet. And during that the most beautiful planet in te universe is earth. Earth consist water and land, have gravity and only one satellite.

Big Bang Theory is guesswork. Why? Because scientists don't know what could have happened in the past that would make BB out to be foolishness. For example...

There are 3 major Big Bang Theories that are all different. None of these Big Bang Theories are compatible with each other.

There are 4 major Black Hole Theories. None of these theories are compatible with each other. But the important thing is, none of the Black Hole theories could work inside any of the Big Bang universes.

Scientists simply don't know what they are talking about. And people who want to say that things like BB and BH theory are true, are saying that they believe in a religion.

Believe God.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: