Pages:
Author

Topic: How recognized are you in the bitcointalk world? - page 12. (Read 30321 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 4
You maybe right at this point!
However, the most important point is:
I believe that old forum users will not care about this.
Why?
Because if those guys are real constructive users, not pseudo-constructive ones, they will surely earn lots of merits in the future (and actually got hundreds of merits months after the start day of the system).
If months after the start day of merit system, Hero or Ledgendary members can not earn any merit or just very limited merits, what does it mean?
It means that those guys are very lucky ones, who fortunately ranked up to highest ranks in the forum via the old ranking system.
I called they are at somewhat extent, effortlessly high-ranked members.
I don't agree with your suggestion. We cant measure the contribution of forum users only looking at their earned merits. Even though Merit system introduced recently, that doesn't mean members who are active (active and contributed as well) way before the implementation of Merits weren't contributed to the forum at all. We can't take that part entirely from the total picture.

It's not a bad idea.
If you want to take both earned and allocated merits, weights are essential things.
So, next question, which weights should be allocated (yeah, automatically allocated weights) based on their ranks and their allocated merits?
Instead of that suggestion, I would like to suggest if we can put a weighting factor for initial (airdropped) Merits when taking account into the calculations of contribution rank would be fair.
Your suggested weights look good because it allocates bigger impacts on earned merits. However, I think the allocated merits should have much smaller weights than yours.

My suggestion is 0.75(Weighting factor) for earned merits and 0.25(Weighting factor) for initial merits.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
Was todl i am on a list...had to check it out.

And I am at 42!  Smiley

Nice job Vod. Will keep this on my to check list.

Didnt know there were such things! Cheers!
Activity: 196
Merit: 173
For consideration:
If you're counting the initial (airdropped) Merit, which was based on Activity, aren't you double counting Activity?
If new ranking system implememented and based on the suggestion of @LoyceV, it should only take earned merits into considerations.
Automatically allocated merits at the launch day of merit system makes non-sense. Why? Because the allocated merits based on activity-count and the potential new ranking system should avoid overlaps between activity counts and merit counts.
Contributions of forum users should mainly base on earned merits, not total merits - which include both allocated merits and earn merits.
I don't agree with your suggestion. We cant measure the contribution of forum users only looking at their earned merits. Even though Merit system introduced recently, that doesn't mean members who are active (active and contributed as well) way before the implementation of Merits weren't contributed to the forum at all. We can't take that part entirely from the total picture.

Instead of that suggestion, I would like to suggest if we can put a weighting factor for initial (airdropped) Merits when taking account into the calculations of contribution rank would be fair.

My suggestion is 0.75(Weighting factor) for earned merits and 0.25(Weighting factor) for initial merits.
Activity: 45
Merit: 4
For consideration:
If you're counting the initial (airdropped) Merit, which was based on Activity, aren't you double counting Activity?
If new ranking system implememented and based on the suggestion of @LoyceV, it should only take earned merits into considerations.
Automatically allocated merits at the launch day of merit system makes non-sense. Why? Because the allocated merits based on activity-count and the potential new ranking system should avoid overlaps between activity counts and merit counts.
Contributions of forum users should mainly base on earned merits, not total merits - which include both allocated merits and earn merits.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

We'll tokenize the trading cards by creating a Ethereum smart contract and a shiny ICO to go with it!

Why do I feel like someone has been working on this all day. Can't wait for the bounty.

I actually bet there would have been a dozen mockups, if they felt the merit were flowing.

*snip*

That's neat I had no idea. I love how a bunch of them bought their own cards to boost the numbers.

I actually think bitcointalk trading cards could be a cool idea.  Smiley

But should we use Satoshi's high school or college photo for the rookie card. I also want there to be a piece of pink concrete called gum in the pack.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Edit: Wait for it... trading cards.

We'll tokenize the trading cards by creating a Ethereum smart contract and a shiny ICO to go with it!

Sounds a bit like the Crypto All Stars cards, that came s few months ago and the whole crypto-trading Twitter world went crazy.

I actually think bitcointalk trading cards could be a cool idea.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064
I am ranked 252.
Not bad at all, for somebody who doesn't trade on this forum.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3150
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(

Sounds a bit like the Crypto All Stars cards, that came s few months ago and the whole crypto-trading Twitter world went crazy.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
Top 20 Bitcointalk celebrity here...I will signing autographs next week. Just check my fan page for details!

Interested in doing a joint venture there? My neighbor will be selling girl scout cookies as well, so that could draw people in.

Is this going to be a thread where people get to pay for your signed messages from a staked address.  

I'll keep an eye on the digital goods board, maybe an auction for both together.

Better investment than a shitcoin.

copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
So, for me the calculation is...

Code:
$Merit = 10;
$Activity = 16;
$Trust = ∞; // this coder have no clue what is this

$myRank = (10+16+∞)/3;
$myRank = ∞/3;
$myRank = ∞;

printf ($myRank);

So ya, I can understand why I am not on the list  Tongue

The most unrecognized dude in the hood  Undecided
That is so wrong (sorry it just is).
It's your rank on those.
How high you come at earning merits + how much activity you have + how high you come for having trust (divide by three).
If anything isn't ranked on the site you treat it as being a thousand.
So far yours is 1000 so you're off the list (as you're not ranked in the top 1000 for anything although I sense you will be).

Top 20 Bitcointalk celebrity here...I will signing autographs next week. Just check my fan page for details!

Interested in doing a joint venture there? My neighbor will be selling girl scout cookies as well, so that could draw people in.

Have your people call my people and set it up.
Who is offering event management here?  Grin
Me Grin
Activity: 164
Merit: 35
Earn 20% ref commission https://bit.ly/2MaHCEr
So, for me the calculation is...

Code:
$Merit = 10;
$Activity = 16;
$Trust = ∞; // this coder have no clue what is this

$myRank = (10+16+∞)/3;
$myRank = ∞/3;
$myRank = ∞;

printf ($myRank);

So ya, I can understand why I am not on the list  Tongue

The most unrecognized dude in the hood  Undecided

-------------------------------

Who is offering event management here?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 420
We are Bitcoin!
I am surprised that nullius isn't there but this guy(newbie) is: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/deftnerd-95463. nullius has more activity, same trust(sort of), and more merit than him. Vod did you take potential activity into count?

How did you find out this guy?  Roll Eyes
Interesting.

@Vod, I am actually finding it hard to understand this MAT calculation. May be I will need another six months to understand it  Smiley
Your list does not have Vitalik Buterin. How come sirius ranked 912?  Tongue

By the way, the effort was nice. Good job on the bpip project.

It took almost six months of analysis to calculate what formula would give me the best rating.  Smiley
You should add points for anybody with an upper case V in their name Cheesy
And an 'o' as the second letter of their name. Grin
may be an "m" at the first letter and the member has to be Full member or above  Grin

Give me a break! I am actually 377th ranked. I did not expect THAT!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
It took almost six months of analysis to calculate what formula would give me the best rating.  Smiley
And an 'o' as the second letter of their name. Grin
Activity: 196
Merit: 173
It took almost six months of analysis to calculate what formula would give me the best rating.  Smiley
How about adding points for anybody with an upper case "v" as their first letter of name Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
https://linktr.ee/crwthopia
Awesome. Especially with searched feature. I searched myself and I saw the imposter trying to be me. I remembered when I was just a new member of the forum, someone created an account with same name and with just a period at the end. Trying to change my BTC address registered in a campaign. What a scam.
Pages:
Jump to: