Pages:
Author

Topic: How recognized are you in the bitcointalk world? - page 13. (Read 30321 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
It took almost six months of analysis to calculate what formula would give me the best rating.  Smiley

Six months... my faith in Vod begins to waiver when a task takes any longer than 6 days. Wink
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Vod, you just clicked shit and mathed until you got #2.  Tongue

It took almost six months of analysis to calculate what formula would give me the best rating.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
Vod, you just clicked shit and mathed until you got #2.  Tongue

But according to this, I suck!
Activity: 196
Merit: 173
One new newbie on top 1000 with this change.
nessie.io:
Activity:   8
Merit:   148

He received 148 merits in this topic: Nessie.io - Exchange with Seamless Access to Digital Wallet & Gaming Services

50 from Dogedigital
20 from AcoinL.L.C
Yeah this is called ANN marketing and I have already created a thread regarding this issue also. I'm believer(unfortunately most of them aren't) of not awarding any sMerits for the posts in ANN sections.

Link>>>Is This the New Way of Marketing in ANN threads?
Vod
legendary
How often will this recognition list be updated? Does it display a running total within the last x amount of days? I'm assuming that it still takes the weighted average from the historical registration date of the user displayed, amiright?

I'd be curious to see a year-to-date chart for 2018 that takes stats from January 1 of this year until the current date... Maybe the same for each previous year. Historical data charts for this recognition would be something I'd be interested in seeing.

Then you could do a "Most recognized member of the year" award Cheesy

Recognition and Merit are updated every minute.  Posts, Activity and Trust are updated when your profile is parsed.

Historical trust won't be tracked for a couple more weeks, and posts will take a bit longer - different priorities.  Obviously we can't have a year-to-date for merit (hence recognition) before it was created this year.  Smiley

Activity: 812
Merit: 124
I think ''Who owns an old account'' is a better name then ''Recognition''.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
Well Nulius made the list now. 161
 Miss so many things on mobile.

Definitely recognizing some others such as atriz at 496 and someone at 821.

Being hear almost a year I definitely recognize more of the names on the list. I also had to scroll through twice to find myself around the middle @ 479
Activity: 882
Merit: 976
How often will this recognition list be updated? Does it display a running total within the last x amount of days? I'm assuming that it still takes the weighted average from the historical registration date of the user displayed, amiright?

I'd be curious to see a year-to-date chart for 2018 that takes stats from January 1 of this year until the current date... Maybe the same for each previous year. Historical data charts for this recognition would be something I'd be interested in seeing.

Then you could do a "Most recognized member of the year" award Cheesy
Activity: 672
Merit: 526
There is one newbie on the list. deftnerd. IRL Adam Brown.

He has only 8 posts, no merit. Last time he logged was on October 09, 2017. But he received a lot of green trusts from his topic, where he sold steam codes

One new newbie on top 1000 with this change.
nessie.io:
Activity:   8
Merit:   148

He received 148 merits in this topic: Nessie.io - Exchange with Seamless Access to Digital Wallet & Gaming Services

50 from Dogedigital
20 from AcoinL.L.C
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
396, I'm moving up in the world..... fish don't fry in the kitchen, beans don't burn on the grill, it took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill! Cheesy

Great job on the new report(s) Vod!

...sometimes people just want to go where everybody knows their name
I'm in a musical mood today. Grin

I don’t know that you have captured the content of posts.
Is this a fear of yours or a general observation?  Lips sealed
If there are new posts, then the Autobanned and Nuked flags should disappear.  
Actually it isn't. Because I have already posted few posts, but your system doesn't recognized those. Posts, genaral information and security/moderator logs are still not updated.

Yes it does. The update button allows you to click to update your profile.
Oh yeah now it's updated  Smiley(btw I didn't press the update button)
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Actually it isn't. Because I have already posted few posts, but your system doesn't recognized those. Posts, genaral information and security/moderator logs are still not updated.

Yes it does. The update button allows you to click to update your profile.
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
even I was inactive for a long time I am still at #272. That made my day Cheesy
I've also been inactive for a few months in the past.

I expected my rank to drop, but it actually went UP to 2nd place!
I smell corruption within the system Wink

I don't recognise most of the members in the first few hundred. Maybe I should look around Bitcoin Talk a bit more. Also, I put nullius on ignore. I thought he was just here for a bit of ego massaging, and not for the benefit of the forum, but obviously I haven't read most of his later posts, so perhaps I misunderstood his motives.
I guess it's using statistics rather than actual viewpoints of the public. So the data is always going to be a little skewed.
Vod
legendary
Another great work by VOD and how do you find time to do this kind of things. I have banned(due to some misunderstanding) yesterday and unbanned today by "theymos", but still your data not updated and still shows that I'm auto-banned. My activity also not updating in your site. So is there any timeframe to update those details or those details are updating in real time? or if a person got banned, does the system got stopped for that user? VOD unban me from your webpage Wink

System is not finished yet, but once you are autobanned or nuked your profile will no longer be parsed.  UNLESS you go into your archive profile and click on "Unarchive this profile".  If there are new posts, then the Autobanned and Nuked flags should disappear.  
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2472
https://JetCash.com
You need to get an avatar jackg, so that we can recognise you. Smiley
copper member
Edit 2: (410+1000+1000)/3=803.333...? So I guess there's still an error?

Your recognition score is 803.333..... that does not put you in the top 1000 (recognition RANK)

Let me make some changes to the profile page to make this clearer.

Ah yes, I forgot people can get the same scores Smiley ...
Vod
legendary

Your recognition score is 803.333..... that does not put you in the top 1000 (recognition RANK)

Let me make some changes to the profile page to make this clearer.
copper member
Am I calculating wrong?

https://bpip.org/profile.aspx?p=jackg

(410+375+1000)/3=595?

I might be using the wrong statistics here but if not, I guess a lot of others might be wrong also...

Edit 1: Nevermind, I was using most posts instead...

legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2472
https://JetCash.com
I don't recognise most of the members in the first few hundred. Maybe I should look around Bitcoin Talk a bit more. Also, I put nullius on ignore. I thought he was just here for a bit of ego massaging, and not for the benefit of the forum, but obviously I haven't read most of his later posts, so perhaps I misunderstood his motives.
Pages:
Jump to: