Pages:
Author

Topic: How to avoid Dump after listing - page 18. (Read 53626 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 257
February 06, 2019, 11:12:57 AM
One thing project developers need to recognize is dt people need incentive to hold their coin. Nobody wants to hold if they will not be rewarded for holding, hence they dump. But when there are incentives, people might want to hold
I don't think the lack of incentives should be one of the reasons why a coin is dumped but I should agree that with incentives people will want to hold more and more of them.
Activity: 95
Merit: 1
February 05, 2019, 07:43:41 PM
One thing project developers need to recognize is dt people need incentive to hold their coin. Nobody wants to hold if they will not be rewarded for holding, hence they dump. But when there are incentives, people might want to hold
Activity: 1092
Merit: 67
February 05, 2019, 07:36:57 PM
If the project has really good working platform and active users, the dumping scenario will be avoided. But sadly, most of them have empty promises. They are created to generate funds for themselves. People should be very careful with their investments.
Activity: 304
Merit: 10
0x1b2d294ab6ca449e34F946B86540cd342cF49100
February 05, 2019, 07:33:52 PM
At the time of the listing after the end of ICO, the price often dumps. Why does it happen?
I think the reason is there is no buyer because of no demand for tokens since the ecosystem is not completed after the ICO.
It may be difficult because lack of funds, but I think the team should release a product like Dapps while running ICO to make token demand.
How do you think about it?
Dumping in crypto is always there and no one can avoid that because all that in the market is depending in the demands in the market. We as individuals we need to be careful to what we have in crypto, we need to be sure if need to sold what we have or not. Because we are who using crypto when we avoid to dump or not.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
February 05, 2019, 07:30:03 PM
That's because the bounty hunter immediately sells their tokens after getting their tokens. the solution is, pay them with USD, so it doesn't affect the tokens in the market if everyone dumps the token.

No not all bounty hunters are selling after they recieve their tokens because a real bounty hunter will hodl his coins until he achieve the best possible value for his assets  .    
Not really. For me a real bounty hunter may also be those who know how to trade it in any situation of the market for the sole purpose of accumulating more coins and make fortune in the future. Some of them may dump their coins just after a listing to purposely buy back at a much lower price.
Activity: 336
February 05, 2019, 07:23:43 PM
To be honest, it seems to me that the dump cannot be avoided, because there will always be clever people who will sell their coins at a low price!
There are also early investors who always sell, as for them always after the exchange price is very high , I think after the release of the price always falls and this can not be avoided, the main thing that the project was good and developed and then the price will recover quickly
Activity: 528
Merit: 100
February 05, 2019, 05:32:38 AM
It is inevitable so it is better if you will also sell it after it listed in an exchange. The bounty hunters and the whales are dumping a specific coin after it listed in an exchange. We can cut the losses if we will sell it quickly after it listed. We will experience losses if we will not sell it quickly after it listed in an exchange.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 267
February 05, 2019, 05:31:42 AM
I think because they stop marketing or business development moves (partnerships) when the ICO ends. It causes no demand from people who didn't contribute at tokensale. One of best way to avoid dump is to get listed on big exchanges as soon as possible. That will make bot contributors or bounty hunters belive that the token price will increase and they will decide not to sell their tokens.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
February 05, 2019, 05:25:46 AM
At the time of the listing after the end of ICO, the price often dumps. Why does it happen?
I think the reason is there is no buyer because of no demand for tokens since the ecosystem is not completed after the ICO.
It may be difficult because lack of funds, but I think the team should release a product like Dapps while running ICO to make token demand.

There are many factors, but hard cap is probably most important. If an ICO doesn't hit hardcap, then that means that supply exceeds demand - so prices should fall once the coin hits the market.

Another key factor is bonuses given to investors at ICO. I think these can be counterproductive. The higher the bonus, the higher I think the chance of dumping. If a coin gives 50% bonus at ICO, then just selling at ICO price gives an instant 50% profit... which must be tempting.

Bounty hunters dumping tokens I don't think would have much of an effect - except, crucially, when the market is very thin, in which case bounty hunters are perfectly capable of driving prices down.But prices in a thin market really can't be considered true indicators of the worth of the project.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 335
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
February 05, 2019, 04:48:50 AM
I think it's very difficult to avoid, even more so if there are many investors who sell their coins. but the team can improve the quality of their projects so that prices can return to normal. sometimes a good project will make the price return to normal, even higher.
actually token price depend on market sentiment too.like current condition , where all cryptocurrency price down alot and market strongly bearish.so when their ico coins listing in market they are in hurry selling their coins as fast as they can to avoid more dumping.
Activity: 658
Merit: 103
February 05, 2019, 04:31:53 AM
Most of the prices of ICO tokens are dumping after they listed in an exchange. It is the reason why it is now risky to make investment in ICO nowadays due to their low potential in the market. We can lose money by investing in a worthless ICO.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
February 05, 2019, 04:16:12 AM
I think it's very difficult to avoid, even more so if there are many investors who sell their coins. but the team can improve the quality of their projects so that prices can return to normal. sometimes a good project will make the price return to normal, even higher.
Activity: 350
February 05, 2019, 04:12:23 AM
To be honest, it seems to me that the dump cannot be avoided, because there will always be clever people who will sell their coins at a low price!
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
February 05, 2019, 04:04:17 AM
If post-ICO is worthless and its progress is very weak then you can not be surprised to see the price fall when everyone is selling.
Activity: 795
Merit: 108
February 05, 2019, 04:00:41 AM
~snip~
Prices will continue to decline if the development team leaves the project, but, when the developer takes action such as buying back, I think prices will rise again slowly and will even exceed the price of ico.

~snip
This makes sense too, because at the very least, if indeed they are running a real project, they must have initial capital before doing ico, and the role of investors is only to increase capital and not be used as the main capital to run the project. And investors must also be smart, they need to know the tokens they hold, whether useful in the future or not.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
February 05, 2019, 02:43:44 AM
That's because the bounty hunter immediately sells their tokens after getting their tokens. the solution is, pay them with USD, so it doesn't affect the tokens in the market if everyone dumps the token.

No not all bounty hunters are selling after they recieve their tokens because a real bounty hunter will hodl his coins until he achieve the best possible value for his assets  .

the solution is, pay them with USD, so it doesn't affect the tokens in the market if everyone dumps the token.

This is a good solution but unfortunately not all will do this  . what do you think is the purpose of the ico's tokens if they will use other crypto as payment ?   But let say they will use eth or btc as payment , these coins will still be dumped and this is more worst because other coins will be affected   
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
February 05, 2019, 01:38:02 AM

I guess that  is the pain when ICO launches, there are no working product. All of them are just words that describes on how they will become after it gets developed and the investor like the sound of it like it will work like magic. Even if they lack funds, if any investor see the great potential in their product then they will get a lot of funding.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
February 05, 2019, 01:09:22 AM

I think dumping would occur no matter what. It is more to the team managing the project to create strategies so that hodlers will only dump their crypto gradually. Some projects unlock coins gradually so there would be majority hodlers selling his coins. Some create staking campaign so holders will continue to hodl their coins in exchange for rewards.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”
February 05, 2019, 12:51:28 AM
Some based on my observation used airdrop with very small values which are spread unknowingly to some recipients. If the airdrop value is exchange to fiat, the recipient will only lose to mining fees which will not allow them to exchange it and thus holding for unlimited time occurs. I don't know how good this method is but this is what I have observed. On the other hand we should always note that the dumping cannot really be solved at a 100 percent level because there are so many varied variables to consider. These variables could range from various points like how the ICO has progressed, recent developments in the market for digital coins, current economy and so many other things. So it is really hard to control dumping of coins after ICO listing on exchanges.
Activity: 658
Merit: 106
February 04, 2019, 11:15:38 PM
Due to the current nature of the market, a dump is imminent, it's bound to happen. I think one thing that could be done is for the project managers to allow the tokens to dump far below the ICO price maybe 1/10th or even more than that, and thereafter they will gradually buy back from the market and lock the buyback of the team, then use some of the fund to trade to see how to grow the token so it doesn't look like a scam.
buyback token from market will make investors confidence and trust to developers team.they think this team serious trying give best effort to make their investors profits.and maybe another solution was buyback token from bounty allocation.this is win win solution for hunter, investors and also dev team.
Pages:
Jump to: