Pages:
Author

Topic: how to break teenage video game addiction - page 11. (Read 3315 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
November 12, 2017, 02:36:27 PM
what's wrong with that teenager playing? The adult life is ahead of him and many tasks and problems that he will need to solve...if he doesn't play enough in his childhood, he will play in adulthood - it's much worse...and if he see an example that there is entertainment not only in video games, but also outside of them - then he can also rest in other ways
Activity: 330
Merit: 10
November 12, 2017, 02:36:07 PM
Then you have to convert them. At first make something which teenage will love or motivate them for different sectors like tours, sports etc.
copper member
Activity: 420
November 12, 2017, 01:40:34 PM
You should take care from the very fast whether your teenager playing this games or not.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
November 12, 2017, 01:29:16 PM
by winning them Wink :p
Activity: 208
November 12, 2017, 12:27:57 PM
For many people struggling with addiction, the toughest step toward recovery is the very first one: deciding to make a change. It’s normal to feel uncertain about whether you’re ready to make a change, or if you have what it takes to quit. Undecided Undecided Undecided Kiss
One way to discourage teenagers from this addiction is to encourage them to engage in sports. Parents must also find time to bond with their kids to do away with this addiction
Activity: 700
Merit: 254
November 12, 2017, 10:24:43 AM
Games such as dota, dota2, csgo and much more caused the teenager addiction nowdays. How to prevent this things happen to our teenagers.

This is a difficult thing to do especially for teenagers. When I was a college student, I was a video game addict. I play for 5 hours after school and sometime I was absent at school because I wake up late because of computer games. It's always best to think of your future instead of getting addicted on video games.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
November 12, 2017, 09:24:54 AM
Games such as dota, dota2, csgo and much more caused the teenager addiction nowdays. How to prevent this things happen to our teenagers.

It is nearly impossible to prevent a teenager from playing video games. They are digital natives and they cannot resist appealing world of video games. Only one solution that i know is that not intrudicing the compiter games to teenager from the very first beginning.
Activity: 110
November 12, 2017, 06:40:13 AM

There is really now way to break it. No matter how much you scold the kid if he really wants to play, I’m certain that he will make ways. Although, my friend has an interesting way of totally eliminating games into his boys system. She just let her son play for as long as he could, and eventually, his son felt tired of playing. Hope it works for you.
Activity: 154
Merit: 16
John 3:16/John 14:6
November 12, 2017, 06:24:08 AM
Addiction is a choice, if we choose to stay the same then its a choice, I was addicted a video game before get out to class just to play video game, but I was so very addicted in pocketbooks since I was in high school until my First year, first semester in college, I spend my single peso just to buy new one, I spend my single minute just to read a story even inside the classroom I didn't listen and even participates in any activities, I got lower grades but then I realized if I will continue this kind of addictions I will suffer someday, then I stop and focus on studying, then I totally diminished my addictions. So I would say, Addiction is a choice its not a sickness.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
November 12, 2017, 05:59:20 AM
Good luck with this one. I think video game addiction is something that simply fades with age for the most part. It's hard to beat the immediate gratification video games provide. I'd say just talk to them about the importance of moderation, guide them, and let them make their own decisions.
Activity: 420
November 12, 2017, 05:44:09 AM
very difficult! because all teenagers today certainly not far from video games, gadgets or internet cafes, surely those who are under the age of 8 years and above they already know video games, we can prevent them from playing video games by giving games using objects or can we teach something new that can hone their brain skills so they can not start playing video games, but in my opinion it's also difficult, very difficult ..
Activity: 168
Merit: 11
November 12, 2017, 04:05:26 AM
simply,turn off the internet and wifi when there is homework and also at bed time. Maybe,you cannot even buy gadgets or just give a gaming limit of one hour.
Activity: 238
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
November 12, 2017, 12:50:42 AM
Their parents must be the first to break it. They should stop their children not to play video games because it's gonna be the reason of their failures in school so that parents first the one to stop their children...
Activity: 462
November 11, 2017, 11:08:45 PM
I think its hard to prevent the addictionnof the children now a days. I think to prevent it is to dont buy. PC and push him to play sports or do some exercise Smiley
Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
November 11, 2017, 10:22:31 PM
It is necessary to show children a lot of interesting games in real life. I'm sure that if a child shows how great it is to play tennis or volleyball, then he will not want to play video games.

i don't think so, i play basketball, volleyball and tennis back when im in high school, but up until now im still playing video games and sometimes play basketball too Smiley
Activity: 616
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
November 11, 2017, 09:29:30 PM
habit is hard to break much so in addiction but i believe its breakable as long as you have given them the option or choices to do so in life.. with proper guidance and right attitude they will realize the importance of what you are saying and want them to do..
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
November 11, 2017, 04:14:08 PM
I think the best way to leave the addiction of playing video games is improving the interaction with other people.
You can interact with more people by playing video games than you can by going out in the real world though.
Yes, We need to talk to them and tell them the disadvantage of video game addiction and will bring them to have a weak body. Encourage them to play individual or team sports like, Tennis, Badminton, Socker and Basketball.
You completely misunderstood my post. There is nothing bad about playing video games. It's actually better than most other activities that kids participate in.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 11, 2017, 09:42:49 AM
Well, the same way you break any addiction: forbid access to games, establish discipline, find an inspiring person to lead the detox program... and maybe find some other teenager that can become a love interest for the addicted one. So simple, yet so hard.
Activity: 306
November 11, 2017, 09:32:04 AM
Teenagers should be encouraged to do outdoor games. They should be given chances to realize the fun of being outside and the mental peace gained by being with friends and getting body exercise.
Activity: 76
Merit: 11
November 11, 2017, 09:07:06 AM
As a teen, I struggle to that addiction too. So my advice is that focus yourself to one goal and always remember that you can go back to that games after you finish your task, job, goal or what ever it is. Because at the end of the day gaming is all about past time. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: