Pages:
Author

Topic: how to break teenage video game addiction - page 13. (Read 3315 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 103
October 30, 2017, 05:42:20 PM
If the parents would throw the television out of the window, there would be the chance that teenagers will start to occupy themselves with physical things. Many teenagers are also busy with their mobiles and I honestly do not see any chance to get the teenagers away from online games as everything is focused on virtual content and activity!
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
October 30, 2017, 04:51:32 PM
A great topic! I'm really loved game.. But all things have a time .. And from ourselves that determines when to move from that time. And in my opinion, a spiritual approach and looking for something new is the good solution.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 30, 2017, 03:54:52 PM
Games are for me a means to be happy,  to forget the shitty world I live in.

Still better than drugs, so just let me play please. Thx
Activity: 304
Merit: 100
www.daxico.com
October 30, 2017, 03:53:37 PM
Games such as dota, dota2, csgo and much more caused the teenager addiction nowdays. How to prevent this things happen to our teenagers.
many online games that affect teenagers and even make them become addicted to the games.
my kids also love the online games, but I give them time limits when they play those online games, they usually play on holidays and only a few hours that we have set.
we just have to be wise in responding to our children's hobby of playing games and we must take time to accompany and monitor while they are playing the game so they do not become addicted to the game.
Activity: 34
October 30, 2017, 03:13:37 PM
Get them into an alternative activity like bitcoin and alt coin trading. If they are good they can make some spare cash Wink
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
October 30, 2017, 03:10:25 PM
It is so simple: just make them addicted to hard drugs such as heroin.
I don't think heroin would've been enough for me during my gaming days.

That's mah boi!

But seriously, video game addiction may look bad in parents eyes, but mostly it's not a big deal unless you're that guy: http://abc13.com/news/pokemon-go-player-stabbed-keeps-playing/1427078/
Lmao, I haven't read that one yet. And yeah, video game "addiction" can even be good in some circumstances. Most of the concepts that I came up with to increase my profits and performance ingame ended up being models taught in Mathematics lectures at university. Definitely wouldn't have learned those, even in basic forms, in school or getting shitface drunk every day. Tongue
Activity: 5
October 30, 2017, 02:51:29 PM

That's mah boi!

But seriously, video game addiction may look bad in parents eyes, but mostly it's not a big deal unless you're that guy: http://abc13.com/news/pokemon-go-player-stabbed-keeps-playing/1427078/
October 30, 2017, 02:28:19 PM
Activity: 5
October 30, 2017, 02:26:27 PM
October 30, 2017, 02:15:38 PM
Just to add, you may also try playing a very frustrsting game, ine thst you would rwally have difficulties playing until it frustrates you to the point that you would despise it. Worked for me when I was playing Pokemon Go as I got frustrated getting legendary pokemons until I got tired of playing it especially that it required a lot of effort from me.
Frustrating games just get me fired up and want me to clear them even more. The rush you get from completing something that seemed impossible is unparalleled.
Activity: 26
October 30, 2017, 02:15:32 PM
I've been there, and it's really just a matter of time.

I was a gamer for about 10 years, and I even joined competitions, too. It wasn't until college that I stopped playing. It happened slowly. I joined school organizations and even the student body, that along with my studies, I just didn't have the time to play anymore. Until the thought of playing just faded away.

I'm working now, and I installed a few games to cast out some of my free time, but there's no addiction. After a few hours of playing my mind just automatically stops to enjoy.
Activity: 182
October 30, 2017, 02:13:38 PM
Just to add, you may also try playing a very frustrating game, one that is almost impossible to finish and you would really have difficulties playing until it frustrates you to the point that you would despise it. Worked for me when I was playing Pokemon Go as I got frustrated getting legendary pokemons. Then I got tired of playing it especially that it required a lot of effort from me.
Activity: 182
October 30, 2017, 02:10:53 PM
Best way is to gradually lessen your gaming time until it is put to a minimum and then quit when you think that you are strong enough to do it or at least when you can control the urge. Then allot the time that you are usually spending playing into some other activity that is productive so you can divert your attention.
October 30, 2017, 02:04:51 PM
hi I am playing both game its fun and i play call of duty 4 its very fun  we no need break this we need balance a life its normal Cheesy

I've been playing games all my life and I don't think that it's an addiction. It's just a way of spending my free time. Some people watch tv, some read magazines and I play games. I wouldn't fight it as long as it doesn't influence you in a bad way. If it makes you angry, aggressive towards others, or if you don't do anything beside sleeping eating and playing games you should stop.
Agree with this. I've played one game excessively for ten years until about 2012 and it never caused any problems for me. I actually learned more from the game than from school and university combined.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1174
October 30, 2017, 01:12:31 PM
hi I am playing both game its fun and i play call of duty 4 its very fun  we no need break this we need balance a life its normal Cheesy

I've been playing games all my life and I don't think that it's an addiction. It's just a way of spending my free time. Some people watch tv, some read magazines and I play games. I wouldn't fight it as long as it doesn't influence you in a bad way. If it makes you angry, aggressive towards others, or if you don't do anything beside sleeping eating and playing games you should stop.
Activity: 121
Merit: 13
October 30, 2017, 12:51:40 PM
stopping teenagers, in my case the kids in my family, from playing video games is a wrong thing to do. Every teenager does what makes him happy and stopping him from doing that would only make it worse. He would maybe hide, play all night or maybe just do everything opposite from what you said. Let teenagers play video games cause they won't be forever young.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
October 30, 2017, 12:42:57 PM
I don't know if you'll agree or not, but, as we know, that internet spread all over the world, i prefer that children addicted to video game, than social media
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
October 30, 2017, 12:07:00 PM
Breaking teenage video game addiction is like taking away a bone from a dog but there are several ways you can do so:
Accept responsibility. The problem lies within the individual, not within the game.
Identify the impact. How many hours a day do you spend playing games?
Set Limits.
Active parental monitoring. ...
Add up the total hours played per week.
Request that your parents put you on a strict time limit for computer playing.
Find something else to do.
Activity: 387
Merit: 11
October 28, 2017, 07:05:05 AM
I think teenagers should engage in extra-curricular activities. I mean they should participate in various types of sports activities.It would redirect their attention.
Activity: 200
Thrive
October 28, 2017, 06:53:28 AM
Make sure they know that they are wasting their valuable time and help them find a more productive thing to do like learning a new skill ; )
Pages:
Jump to: