Pages:
Author

Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children - page 51. (Read 118019 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Explaining about bitcoin to children is a bit difficult, because they do not understand about finances and how to make money. Because they are used to asking for money to their parents. Teaching bitcoin in teenagers must be patient because of the many challenges.we have to do is to give the knowledge of bitcoin in a basic and simple way, do it continuously until they get used to the word bitcoin. Appear to want to know and start interested in bitcoin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 110
Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.
It takes time for them to fully understand what bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are so we need to explain them step by step. We can't just force them to understand when we try to explain it to them in one go. We first need to peek their interest about bitcoin so that it will trigger more and more questions from them and they will easily remember what you explained to them in bitcoin.
Activity: 110
Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.

In my opinion, teaching bitcoin to children or teenagers would be very challenging as its methods and origin are very complicated for them to understand. Instead of teaching them bitcoin when obviously they would learn nothing, you teach them the basics of investing or saving money. You teach them the right ways of money circulation, and its value around the world. You can also teach them how to save money for their future use and explain them the basics of inflation.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Indeed to provide an explanation of bitcoin to children or adolescents will require patience and need more serious guidance to be easily understood by them.
And of course very good if in adolescence has to have their own income through this bitcoin will certainly educate children to learn more independent life.
Activity: 704
Merit: 500
I've met teenagers who are well versed in bitcoin. Some of them will wind up advising some of us older folk. Don't underestimate them!
This is so true, teenagers have more time than us in these kind of things, surely if they want to earn some money without looking for a job bitcoin will be great for them and it is up to them how they're going to understand it, by simply doing some research they can earn bitcoin.
I think it is not so simple to teach about bitcoin to children because their minds are not so developed and it will be difficult to create interest.It is easier to explain to teenagers rather than to children because teenagers are mostly interested in computers and internet and more of digital stuff.When they get to know about earnings from bitcoin,it will be much more easier to convince them to join bitcoin.I personally think that when their children or kids start to earn money,it is a very proud moment for their parents.Parents will support this step of their children to join bitcoin and earn money.
Activity: 420
Merit: 119

On my side, bitcoin is not that complicated to explain, as long as you tell them that you can earn money with purely hard work, without investing anything. I think that sure give them a little bit of interest in knowing what is bitcoin. In my case, I was told by a friend about this bitcoin stuff, he told me that I can earn just by using faucets, so I did, I only earn 1usd back then, but because of my curiosity about bitcoin, I started researching and finally found this forum. And I'm really glad I've join, because of this, I can really earn extra money.
Activity: 224
In today's world most teenagers were looking for a part time job in order for them fill their personal needs what parents cannot provide for them. So I think this will be the reason on how to easily explain bitcoin as one source wherein they can have extra money to sustain their daily needs. This can help them also increase their financial literacy.
explain it to theme with a good examples and with good manners and right codduct
Activity: 378
Merit: 278
Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair
[https://medium.com/bitcoins-digital-currency/how-to-explain-bitcoin-to-a-7-year-old-a9a8c094feaf]
How to Explain Bitcoin to a 7-Year-Old

I’ve been explaining how Bitcoins work since 2010. Here is the simplest analogy I’ve discovered that explains transactions, anonymity, and coin production.

There’s a room that anyone can access. The room has security cameras that anyone can view, and every second of recorded footage is available online forever.

The room is filled with indestructible piggy banks made of transparent plastic. Naturally, these piggy banks have coin slots, and everyone can see which coins are in which piggy bank. These piggy banks can never leave the room.

Each person has a key that can open their piggy bank. Let’s say I want to buy a pair of alpaca socks, and you want to sell them.

First, you tell me which piggy bank is yours. Then, I walk into the room with a ski mask on. Anyone in the world can see me on the security cameras, but not my face.

Next, I unlock my piggy bank, take some coins out, then put them into your locked piggy bank. I leave the room.

Now, everyone in the world knows that your piggy bank has coins that were previously in my piggy bank. This is the case with every transaction, so everyone knows the history of every coin.

“So where do the coins come from? How did it start? Who got the first coins?”

There’s a robot in the room that runs lotteries. Every so often, this robot randomly chooses a piggy bank in the room, and puts 50 coins in it. When it first started, there weren’t many piggy banks in the room since nobody knew about it. Back then, it was easy to win the lottery. Today, there are millions of piggy banks in the room, so your odds aren’t very good.

“Ok, couldn’t someone make their own fake coins?”

No, because everyone has records of every coin in the room, and they know when the robot hands new coins out. If a fraud were to put fake coins into his own piggy bank, everyone would know that those coins were never handed out by the robot, and wouldn’t accept them.

“Who made the robot..?”

Supposedly it was a super genius Japanese man named Satoshi Nakamoto, but nobody knows for certain. Since the security camera footage is available from 2009, we can see that the robot was putting coins into a piggy bank since day 1. We assume it’s Satoshi, but that’s about all we know.

“… Crazy.”

From Tony Diepenbrock IV on medium.

Or you can also watch this excellent video:
bitcoin 101: https://youtu.be/Bhe61JaNFLU
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Well kids nowadays are really techy or should I say gadget pros. Of course they use to play games and socialize with their friends tru social media other than that they can't do anything. However if you teach a kid how to make money with bitcoin like just playing a game that would be a great idea. Kids are fast learners and they create their own ways on how to deal with new things. You can teach them to save money instead of putting it in the bank let them know that investing in Bitcoin is much more promising.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
It's a very difficult thing that explain bitcoin to teenagers or children.I think teenagers can be told about Bitcoin, to work hard. But it is impossible for the children to know about it.If I start to mean the introduction of a teenager to Bitcoin, he will be able to understand.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 500
It may be slowly land to teach teenagers or children, where they are sometimes very much different thinkers at the age of twilight. like us, think of the future, and they sometimes still think to play or have fun with their peers, so it's very hard to tell them directly or coercion, just one way people might be here to teach them to provide direction in advance ...
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
Children need not and are not interested in knowing what bitcoin is. And for teenagers it is possible to explain by means of pictures and on an example, as the classical system of transfer of the information through the centralized server works.

I would agree about this.  They are all in to have some fun and are too young to understand about Bitcoins, trading, freelancing.  Aside from that, it would be to the childrens best interest if we push their study than learning Bitcoin.  i believe there is always time for everything.  Like setting up educational foundation first before giving them extra info about things that they will not easily understand.
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY
Children need not and are not interested in knowing what bitcoin is. And for teenagers it is possible to explain by means of pictures and on an example, as the classical system of transfer of the information through the centralized server works.
Activity: 196
There might be a great YouTube video out there that really simplifies it - I haven't come across one yet. It's still important that people talk about Bitcoin in conversation. I think just taking it back to basics, first really simply as a digital currency, then going into it's value perhaps liking it to shares/gold, then depending on their grasp you can uncover more layers. 
Activity: 1792
Merit: 264
Bitcoin is very difficult to explain to people, especially those who do not understand the internet, because they find it difficult to access it. While with children, they do not yet understand about the economy. Therefore our task is to provide an understanding of both these (internet and economic) to them first.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
well, lets come to point.

Hold up a 100 dollar bill.

Point to the serial number on the bill and tell your children that whoever can guess that number first gets $100.

Eventually, they'll come to the conclusion that it's going to take a long time t0 guess that number, so you ask: "What could you use to help you guess lots of numbers really quickly?" Computers, right?

So you explain it as: Basically a bunch of nerds with lots of computers guess a shit ton of numbers really quickly and whoever guesses the nonce on the Bitcoin first gets to have it.
Activity: 490
Just say "It's your future currency, kids".

You have to admit them from an early age, but I think the same will come to them when they grow up. There is nothing to hurry because sometimes it can turn the other way. Do not rush.
Activity: 518
Just say "It's your future currency, kids".
Activity: 392
Merit: 100

well, you need to educate them first what is bitcoin. The history of it and how it works. you need to make sure that they understand it. but, the thing they want to know is how will they earn money from Bitcoin.well, just like a teacher you need to show or demonstrate them the Bitcoin. nowadays, teenagers will only believe you when you have proof.for them, to see is to believe. and make sure you are ready for any questions they might ask about bitcoin.you must have a convincing power.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
It is difficult for us as adults to explain this business to other adults because as they always say you cannot teach a new trick to an old dog but on the other hand I think it will be easier for us to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children because nowadays with the technology that we have they can absorb any information just like for example my 4 year old niece knows how to operate a PC.
Pages:
Jump to: