Pages:
Author

Topic: How to explain bitcoin to teenagers or children - page 87. (Read 118019 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 108
you need to explain first what's "money" and how it works.. than you can start to explain the blockchain and decentralizing things.. i hope they appreciate cryptocurrencies  Smiley
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Anyone have some good diagrams/flow charts that can be used to teach children about btc?
Anyone in here giving btc to their children???

There are some good videos on yoututbe, like this one for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo

But I think you should draw the diagrams by yourself because you know your kid better than anyone else and thus you can make him interested in learning.

If a person understands what bitcoin is, I think that he will easily be able to draw any schedule and tell others about this currency. But I'm not sure that children will be interested in stories about bitcoin.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
Anyone have some good diagrams/flow charts that can be used to teach children about btc?

There are some good videos on yoututbe, like this one for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo

But I think you should draw the diagrams by yourself because you know your kid better than anyone else and thus you can make him interested in learning.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is difficult to explain. I also felt difficulties in understanding bitcoin for the firs time. Let's share how to explain bitcoin to children of teenagers. In My country I can say 98% children don't know bitcoin. In fact, bitcoin can be future money. If the children not familiar with cryptocurrency or bitcoin, how can they face the digital era in the future.
I prefer to explain about bitcoin through some detailed video, so they immediately understand and do not have many questions. Smiley
Activity: 602
Merit: 259
It's good to know that your thinking about the future of children with crypto currencies. It's true that future may all end up with virtual world which runs on almighty internet and payments are also in the form of its virtue. Well the best way I could imagine is to introduce them to books which talks about the bitcoin or if they are too young then we can start establishing games which are dependent upon bitcoin itself. This will develop sense of crypto world into them and they might find it easy to work with once they understand the concept completely.

Activity: 290
Merit: 100
If we tell bitcoin to teenagers or children what it is of course they do not understand, I think the easiest way is to say bitcoin we can use to buy goods or equal money.

Don't explain it if they are not the one who is asking you about it first, because they might just ignore you after this, especially when they are going to find out that earning bitcoin is not easy compare on earning fiat, and if that happens, you've just waste your time on explaining it to them, besides, it will be time devaluation if you the one who is going to make the effort to help other people.

What is I'm saying is that, don't introduce bitcoin to everyone you knew, unless they are going to seek your help about this stuff.
Activity: 644
Merit: 263
I'm a teenager and I was dragged into bitcoin myself. I always needed money to buy stuff which was out of reach of my pocket money. So I decided to work with Internet and try to go for many ways of earning such as paid to click websites and survey filling. I usually failed on these platforms and then I came across bitcoin one day. Here I'm today with bitcointalk which gave me immense knowledge about it. I learnt everything slowly (still learning) and carving the niche of earning with bitcoin. :-)
Activity: 646
Merit: 252
If we tell bitcoin to teenagers or children what it is of course they do not understand, I think the easiest way is to say bitcoin we can use to buy goods or equal money.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
Children can be said that bitcoin is money that can not be seen. They exist in the fabulous Internet world. However, you can buy things for them.
Activity: 402
Merit: 101
Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands
You really say . About 98% of children in our country do not know about Bitcoin. They are not so difficult to teach because they are digital era. Technology is at their fingertips. Still parents show their Internet locations where they can learn about it. And they can easily understand the video about Bitcoin.
Activity: 713
Merit: 501
Maybe we can not directly explain bitcoin with complicated things. Many things we can use for the means of learning to children. For example we can use games that produce bitcoin so children understand first. Can not directly explain bitcoin clearly

I still don't understand how would a game that produces bitcoin will help kids understand bitcoins. The game itself probably doesn't teach about bitcoin because it's a game. In case that there's a dialogue in the game and it's about bitcoin, the player would probably just skip all that and proceed to the actual game. Now that the kid has a bitcoin, how did he learn bitcoin at all? If having bitcoin teaches you about bitcoin, then maybe you should have given him a bitcoin right from the start. This will save your kid from all the troubles of playing a nonsense game.

By the way, I just want to make it clear. Having bitcoin doesn't teach you what is bitcoin or how it works.

Obviously, you do not teach a child or a teenager directly the meaning of investing into bitcoins as it may be complicated for them to understand. One possible remedy that is available is to teach them first the value of money and the different ways of earning it. For example, you can teach your kid that if they want to buy a toy or something, they must first earn it by cleaning their mess or helping in the chores. Let me reiterate, the chores does not need to be complicated. By simply sorting their toys gives them the impression of the value behind money. You do not teach it to them directly but you let them learn it indirectly.

That is called positive reinforcement. It's not that bad, but things might go bad. Like when your kid start thinking that everything that he's going to do will have an equivalent amount of money. He can become greedy at a very young age. Let's say that his grandma comes over and she tries to ask your kid a favor then your kid asked for money in return of everything he is asked to do. That's really embarrassing and people would have the impression that you're raising a greedy child or that the child is a bad child.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 286
For me,it is hard to explain many things about bitcoin to a teenager. Although teenagers are technology inclined or they know many things about technology nowadays. It is hard to explain about bitcoin because there are many things need to understand like what is bitcoin,purpose and the process of earning it. Just like me,it difficult for me to understand when i was started asking about bitcoin. But i believe teenagers has its own talent of understanding. We should tell them whats good about bitcoin.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 789
Maybe we can not directly explain bitcoin with complicated things. Many things we can use for the means of learning to children. For example we can use games that produce bitcoin so children understand first. Can not directly explain bitcoin clearly

I still don't understand how would a game that produces bitcoin will help kids understand bitcoins. The game itself probably doesn't teach about bitcoin because it's a game. In case that there's a dialogue in the game and it's about bitcoin, the player would probably just skip all that and proceed to the actual game. Now that the kid has a bitcoin, how did he learn bitcoin at all? If having bitcoin teaches you about bitcoin, then maybe you should have given him a bitcoin right from the start. This will save your kid from all the troubles of playing a nonsense game.

By the way, I just want to make it clear. Having bitcoin doesn't teach you what is bitcoin or how it works.

Obviously, you do not teach a child or a teenager directly the meaning of investing into bitcoins as it may be complicated for them to understand. One possible remedy that is available is to teach them first the value of money and the different ways of earning it. For example, you can teach your kid that if they want to buy a toy or something, they must first earn it by cleaning their mess or helping in the chores. Let me reiterate, the chores does not need to be complicated. By simply sorting their toys gives them the impression of the value behind money. You do not teach it to them directly but you let them learn it indirectly.
Activity: 713
Merit: 501

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
I explain to kids about bitcoin,it is digital currency which is not handled by the any government and bitcoin belong to the cryptocurrency.Bitcoin used for direct transactions without any banks,this best investment plan.
honestly i never explain bitcoin to kids,but i have done to some teenagers,i just said it was a money coming from internet,just like paypal,but it better,can be mined and traded. i think explain to kids or teenagers are depending on how far that kids knowledge about technology. in my opinion,the simple way is "bitcoin is virtual money,come from internet,can be traded,can be mined,and no one control it"
That's good, because kids have several other requirements at these age. What they need is care and enjoyment, with teenagers the scenario is different. They were in need of money to make living more comfortable and enjoyable. Based on this its good to explain to teenagers rather than explaining to kids and making them attached to technology which is same as making them miss their childhood days.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
It's impossible i tried my level best to explain my kids about bitcoin and why we should save it and what makes them different from other currencies they are just not interested, they instead told me that i know everything so it's better i do all the things and don't bug them
I think that's just how they will react, they are just kids and they are not like us who are eager to make money. Kids can have money anytime because they have parents to support them but we matured people who have bigger need cannot just rely to our parents so we need to work and good thing bitcoin is here to help us on our financial needs but the result will always depend on how we perform the things we need to do to be profitable.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
Children should have a childhood, and teenagers may already be interested in the form of the game, but do not overload them with too much information. They must enjoy youth, and not earn money.

Your words look like they are right but in reality it is unclear what does it mean "They must enjoy youth"? Enjoying youth is a very loose concept. You can learn something useful and enjoy youth at the same time. On the other hand you can spend your life on a luxury beach and still hate it. So explaining bitcoin to children is a good thing imo.
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
It's impossible i tried my level best to explain my kids about bitcoin and why we should save it and what makes them different from other currencies they are just not interested, they instead told me that i know everything so it's better i do all the things and don't bug them
Activity: 345
Merit: 100
Children should have a childhood, and teenagers may already be interested in the form of the game, but do not overload them with too much information. They must enjoy youth, and not earn money.
Pages:
Jump to: