Pages:
Author

Topic: How to find if airdrop is fake - page 4. (Read 19766 times)

Activity: 383
Merit: 100
December 10, 2018, 04:20:15 PM
As for me, I participate only in famouse projects's airdrops. For example, now it is airdrop from Stellar and I participate in it. Sometimes earlier I participated in Aelf airdrop.
Activity: 262
Merit: 10
December 10, 2018, 04:02:28 PM
Airdrop is a very low income, which can not cover you even the commission for transfer to the exchange.
Take a better bounty campaigns. Buy a rank Cupper Member for a signature campaign. And you can also deal with those types of bounty, where there is no reference to rank on the forum.
Activity: 532
December 10, 2018, 12:10:14 PM
Do not waste your time participating in airdrops that asks your information like private key. Because that might be fake and its a scam. And do not also be fooled by airdrop that is saying listed im cmc already. Because that is their new tricks.

I do not understand how you can spend your time on participation in Airdrop? Much more efficient to spend it on participating in bounty campaigns. Learn how to shoot video reviews and translate texts. Now they pay for it best.
I am also very surprised that people are influenced by allplan air drop. Apparently no one reads information on Bitcointalk. Throughout the forum, I meet so much news and they are all negative with respect to this kind of activity.
Activity: 434
December 10, 2018, 12:05:48 PM
Do not waste your time participating in airdrops that asks your information like private key. Because that might be fake and its a scam. And do not also be fooled by airdrop that is saying listed im cmc already. Because that is their new tricks.

I do not understand how you can spend your time on participation in Airdrop? Much more efficient to spend it on participating in bounty campaigns. Learn how to shoot video reviews and translate texts. Now they pay for it best.
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
December 10, 2018, 11:49:16 AM
Honestly, I don't even know how to track if the airdrop is fake or not, for the reason that I always joined airdrops without any hesitation on myself. I do it because there is no investments of funds in signing the forms and I don't join on self drops because I don't want to lose some ether on requesting transactions. I know that there are lot of people who joins airdrop/s and they all want to know how to verify fake airdrops.
Activity: 715
Merit: 101
December 10, 2018, 10:34:05 AM
There have been many such airdrops, don't expect too much from airdrop, which is certainly like a bounty task, sometimes it can be deceiving, especially just airdrop that doesn't do anything. currently there is no airdrop that gives free tokens, to get paid more must do a lot of tasks, one of which is collecting refferall
Activity: 490
December 10, 2018, 10:19:15 AM
The easiest way to avoid airdrop scams is to never follow airdrop, why? Too much airdrop which only gives a little reward and is even worthless, 2. Waterdrop is a means of hype and soon after it will be destroyed and disappear 3. Airdrop now gives 5 dollars with excessive KYC
Activity: 1358
December 10, 2018, 10:18:08 AM
Airdrop these days are trash many coins giveaways, but no project to run just to scam people, to know the fake airdrop just go their website, their ann thread, the social media, the team if none of these it's a fake.
Activity: 434
Merit: 1
December 10, 2018, 10:09:42 AM
Honestly, I myself do not know how to determine a good airdrop from a bad thing, but if they then ask for the data, then I immediately withdraw from participation!
copper member
Activity: 322
Merit: 0
December 10, 2018, 10:01:30 AM
I think we can find out if it is a fake or not if we research first before joining because thats what a smart people do to avoid scams and lose of money. Same thing in investing your money, just give time to research and study about an ICO project before putting your money on in so you won't regret in the end.
Activity: 325
December 10, 2018, 09:49:35 AM
This TIP based only on my experience how to know if the airdrop is fake

Few months ago i encounter a fake airdrop using a TELEGRAM BOT.
An airdrop bot pretending as a real airdrop of a coin already listed on CMC

How i find out if they're scam or not?
First i search the name of coin on COINMARKETCAP from there i saw the legit website of that coin..
Second i search the TELEGRAM GROUP CHAT link from the WEBSITE of coin
Then i ask the ADMIN in TELEGRAM GROUP CHAT if the airdropbot i saw is legit or not and they said to me its not legit..the COIN that using airdropbot i encounter are using only the name of their coin.

Another FAKE AIRDROP i saw last month is BITAIR, BITAIR asking for selfdrop to buy their token
i search the BITAIR WEBSITE and i find it.i see the TWITTER account from there website
and i notice on there last post was november 2017 if im not mistaken, and bit air ico sale was ended last november.

Both of this type of airdrop are SCAM, I noticed they both collecting a member for their TELEGRAM CHANNEL and collecting FOLLOWER on their twitter account, And asking for selfdrop then dissapear after of ICO Sale.

I hope this post can help some NEWBIE to avoid to be a victim of airdrop with selfdrop SCAM SCHEME.

Any other tip on checking if airdrop is legit?
The post will really be useful for those who are constantly involved in airdrops, and there are a lot of such people. Yes, now unfortunately many such cases, which you described above. We must be more careful and better analyze.
Activity: 504
Merit: 23
Epsilon Omega
December 10, 2018, 09:39:12 AM
Using 2 different emails is a good idea to minimize the risk of being scammed there's any way scammer would do to get rid of your information.

That was I actually use to secure my account and information. Its very proven and tested. Just all you have to do is create 2 emails : 1 email for your important account such as social media like, facebook, twitter, bitcoin, eth, xrp etc. wallet an 1 email you'll be using for airdrops. From that strategy youre account will be prone for scammer and also hacker.

Just make your password different to your main email and make it more difficult to crack. Example : CrYpTOTaCtIC!?1232

It will take 1 zentillion years to crack that shit except you are trap in a phishing site. ROFL Cheesy
copper member
Activity: 92
Merit: 0
● ● ● CryptoMarketAds &#
December 10, 2018, 09:15:04 AM
Activity: 664
December 06, 2018, 03:09:23 PM
information is very helpful, most of it is fraud, but not all of it. I have participated in air drops but I never got a coin. in my opinion they only want to steal our identity or people who are trapped want to get a bonus from referral links, in my opinion we have to be more careful following the airway.
Activity: 150
December 06, 2018, 11:22:22 AM
Most airdrops now are fake, It's really very difficult to distinguish between a legit airdrop and a fake airdrop. I have filled lots of airdrops and gotten nothing or the ones I get don't worth anything. I stopped for a while now. To know a fake airdrop, most of them use telegram channels not groups.
10c
Activity: 658
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
December 06, 2018, 11:04:30 AM
Best thing is to ask about airdrops in their telegram channels. Most of the time you will get a correct answer for those. Even the airdrop is a legit one, the rewards you get will be very very small.
if they come at all this is good. because I know that 80 percent of air drops are a scam. for data collection
Activity: 196
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
December 06, 2018, 11:01:23 AM
This TIP based only on my experience how to know if the airdrop is fake

Few months ago i encounter a fake airdrop using a TELEGRAM BOT.
An airdrop bot pretending as a real airdrop of a coin already listed on CMC

How i find out if they're scam or not?
First i search the name of coin on COINMARKETCAP from there i saw the legit website of that coin..
Second i search the TELEGRAM GROUP CHAT link from the WEBSITE of coin
Then i ask the ADMIN in TELEGRAM GROUP CHAT if the airdropbot i saw is legit or not and they said to me its not legit..the COIN that using airdropbot i encounter are using only the name of their coin.

Another FAKE AIRDROP i saw last month is BITAIR, BITAIR asking for selfdrop to buy their token
i search the BITAIR WEBSITE and i find it.i see the TWITTER account from there website
and i notice on there last post was november 2017 if im not mistaken, and bit air ico sale was ended last november.

Both of this type of airdrop are SCAM, I noticed they both collecting a member for their TELEGRAM CHANNEL and collecting FOLLOWER on their twitter account, And asking for selfdrop then dissapear after of ICO Sale.

I hope this post can help some NEWBIE to avoid to be a victim of airdrop with selfdrop SCAM SCHEME.

Any other tip on checking if airdrop is legit?
thank you for writing this! this will be really important for newbies and for experienced ones too, we can never learn enough. i like the way you use social network to investigate airdrop, wise!
Activity: 334
December 06, 2018, 10:50:14 AM
The study of all aspects of present and of well-placed airdrop will take very much time.If you compare the time spent on this business and the potential profit in my opinion it is better not to do it at all.
Activity: 59
October 16, 2018, 02:38:00 PM
I suppose that just like bounty, read spreedshit and enter the site, but airdrops realy is a waste of time
Activity: 868
Merit: 16
October 15, 2018, 05:25:30 AM
Bounty campaign is the best part to get altcoins. Just to get altcoin, you only have to see a credible manager's bounty campaign. At least by choosing a bounty campaign manager you will avoid from scam projects. At this time, I am not sure that any project airdrop will give someone a profit, most of those who have taken part with several airdrops end in regret. So, love your time and stay away from a few things that only give a hope.
Pages:
Jump to: