Pages:
Author

Topic: How to find if airdrop is fake - page 8. (Read 19766 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 333
August 18, 2018, 09:21:24 AM
Many ways to find out if the airdrop is fake or real: The ICO should be listed on iconench with good rating, must have verified team members and bitcointalk positive profile, also check their social media profiles amd support over telegram. If all these aspects are positive, then you can say their airdrop isn't fake
sad to say but airdrops are particularly not launching their ico, but there are some ico project who started launching their airdrop to increase the number of their community. but originally, airdrops start's without having their ico.
Activity: 924
Merit: 511
August 18, 2018, 09:17:22 AM
Many ways to find out if the airdrop is fake or real: The ICO should be listed on iconench with good rating, must have verified team members and bitcointalk positive profile, also check their social media profiles amd support over telegram. If all these aspects are positive, then you can say their airdrop isn't fake
Activity: 223
Merit: 11
August 18, 2018, 09:16:44 AM
You can detect if the airdrop is fake when they promise that is too good to be true. They make an attractive website, they pay big for your small work. It's just a waste of time in joining airdrops.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
August 18, 2018, 09:16:22 AM
I want to try this out sooo badly also!
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
August 18, 2018, 09:15:26 AM
This tip based only on my experience how find if the airdrop is fake

few months ago i encounter a fake airdrop using a telegram bot.
An airdrop bot pretending as a real airdrop of coin already listed on CMC
first i search on coinmarketcap from there i saw the legit site..
second i search the telegram group chat
and ask the admin there if its legit airdrop or not and they said its not legit an airdropbot using the name of their coin

another fake airdrop i see last month is bitair also asking for selfdrop to buy their token
i search the bitair website and i find it.i see the twitter account from there website
and i notice on there last post was november 2017 if im not mistaken,
and bit air ico sale was ended last november.

both of this type of airdrop scam i noticed they both collecting a member for their telegram channel and collecting follower on their twitter account.and asking for selfdrop

i hope this post can help some newbie to avoid to be a victim of airdrop with selfdrop

any other tip on checking if airdrop is legit?
Check the telegram or other social network of the token. If there are airdrops, they will report to all media. If it is not, then it is the fake airdrop to attract user information
Activity: 130
Merit: 1
August 18, 2018, 09:11:13 AM
I only join airdrops if it's from known bounty platform like tokendrops but if not I will not waste my time to participate on those airdrops.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
August 18, 2018, 09:05:43 AM
Well, there are a lot of fake airdrops. Especially if the website or the form that you have filling up needs to pass requires private key then, we can safely assume that it is a scam airdrop. Also if you give eth to this address something like that.
Activity: 392
August 18, 2018, 09:03:19 AM
The best way to determine if an Airdrop is fake is to check how much tokens are they giving out and its estimated value. If it exceeds the usual amount that is about $15 to $20, you can already have second guesses. Always check the website of the ICO and check their project, team and the actual progress made.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
August 18, 2018, 09:02:41 AM
No one can tell you that in fact, the short task is meaningless and wastes time. You should help time on the transaction, and only the transaction can make money.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1
Base.protocol
August 18, 2018, 08:59:26 AM
If you search very well you might not get an answer to this question, because a lot of factor determines what happens . some you might think won't do well, end up leaving you with a good some of money. I advise just run the ones you mind tells you

Activity: 476
Merit: 10
August 18, 2018, 08:54:53 AM
We must be careful in choosing the airdrop that will be followed. It is better to check in detail about their project so we are not trapped in a fake airdrop. Some scamers try to commit fraud by holding fake airdrops to steal all your data.
Activity: 163
August 18, 2018, 08:48:58 AM
Well, I have participated in so many  airdrops and didn't really to differentiate between the real and fake ones.
In my own view, only a fake airdrop will ask for Wallet's private key.
Activity: 140
August 18, 2018, 08:37:22 AM
Some go as far as creating fake website and ask for your private key, anyway these scammers are issued to steal your personal data, your social account or cryptocurrency. You should treat any airdrop as possible scam and protect yourself 
Activity: 1736
Merit: 121
August 18, 2018, 08:23:00 AM
I do not have any means to know fake airdrop, I just get on their telegram from that point I can make a conclusion for myself what the team is up to.
Activity: 566
Merit: 26
August 18, 2018, 08:15:44 AM
This TIP based only on my experience how to know if the airdrop is fake

Few months ago i encounter a fake airdrop using a TELEGRAM BOT.
An airdrop bot pretending as a real airdrop of a coin already listed on CMC

How i find out if they're scam or not?
First i search the name of coin on COINMARKETCAP from there i saw the legit website of that coin..
Second i search the TELEGRAM GROUP CHAT link from the WEBSITE of coin
Then i ask the ADMIN in TELEGRAM GROUP CHAT if the airdropbot i saw is legit or not and they said to me its not legit..the COIN that using airdropbot i encounter are using only the name of their coin.

Another FAKE AIRDROP i saw last month is BITAIR, BITAIR asking for selfdrop to buy their token
i search the BITAIR WEBSITE and i find it.i see the TWITTER account from there website
and i notice on there last post was november 2017 if im not mistaken, and bit air ico sale was ended last november.

Both of this type of airdrop are SCAM, I noticed they both collecting a member for their TELEGRAM CHANNEL and collecting FOLLOWER on their twitter account, And asking for selfdrop then dissapear after of ICO Sale.

I hope this post can help some NEWBIE to avoid to be a victim of airdrop with selfdrop SCAM SCHEME.

Any other tip on checking if airdrop is legit?
Pages:
Jump to: