Pages:
Author

Topic: How to find if airdrop is fake - page 7. (Read 19766 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 0
August 18, 2018, 11:22:19 AM
You can't really know. The only thing you can do is a throrough research like read whitepaper, look at the team behind it. But we can't really know if it will be a scam or not.
Activity: 602
Merit: 259
August 18, 2018, 11:18:40 AM
Airdrops which ask you your private keys are the #1 fake airdrops. They claim to give you airdropped tokens equivalent to your ETH in your wallet and for this they state that you must share your private keys so that they can give you those airdropped tokens. But that is not any fork where you need to share the private key and hence it is scam and dont even ask anything, just move away from such sites or person. Another strategy that is used to fake peoples with airdrop is to ask for money! They state that for the confirmation it is mandatory to send some ETH to check valid addresses and thus get your ETH and these are obviously fake one.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
August 18, 2018, 11:14:12 AM
This tip based only on my experience how find if the airdrop is fake

few months ago i encounter a fake airdrop using a telegram bot.
An airdrop bot pretending as a real airdrop of coin already listed on CMC
first i search on coinmarketcap from there i saw the legit site..
second i search the telegram group chat
and ask the admin there if its legit airdrop or not and they said its not legit an airdropbot using the name of their coin

another fake airdrop i see last month is bitair also asking for selfdrop to buy their token
i search the bitair website and i find it.i see the twitter account from there website
and i notice on there last post was november 2017 if im not mistaken,
and bit air ico sale was ended last november.

both of this type of airdrop scam i noticed they both collecting a member for their telegram channel and collecting follower on their twitter account.and asking for selfdrop

i hope this post can help some newbie to avoid to be a victim of airdrop with selfdrop

any other tip on checking if airdrop is legit?

One way for me to spot if an airdrop is fake is if there are many details about the project is missing or not disclosed. Also, the details about the team running the project is important. Check if they have a telegram group and see how active the team, not the manager, in answering inquiries and answering questions about the project.
Activity: 644
August 18, 2018, 11:05:40 AM
If they give you a google form then inside it there is a link that directs you to myetherwallet that ask you a verification code that your public key is legitimate, then stay out of it because it is 100% FAKE. It is hard to find legit paying airdrop nowadays since even cyber hackers are taking advantage of people's interest on collecting altcoins through airdrops.
Activity: 126
August 18, 2018, 10:58:31 AM
First of all, I look at the award. If it is too big - this is definitely a reason not to trust this project. Usually, I do not participate in airdrops, where you just need to follow a telegram channel, and where they offer $20 for this manipulation. When a group is filled to 100 000, its name and theme changes. Airdrop is over  Grin
Activity: 866
Merit: 10
August 18, 2018, 10:52:36 AM
in my opinion airdrop is the safest and most protected from scams is airdrop which has a bounty or ico ... if only airdrop does not have a team and community that is very strong in telegram then in my opinion it is an airdrop scam
Activity: 112
August 18, 2018, 10:41:02 AM
Thanks for the information mate, i hope it helps to those newbies and to those who experience to be scammed, i think if i can add i will just add that before doing or entering anything just do some studies and research first because if you are knowledgeable enough about this matter you can easily find those legit and scam ICO.
Activity: 415
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
August 18, 2018, 10:34:56 AM
Maybe checking the contract address of this airdrop is a good way. Sometimes you will find that there are no tokens or other tokens in their contract address.If they don't even show us the contract address, then don't join them.
Activity: 840
August 18, 2018, 10:33:24 AM
The only thing I know on how do you spot a fake project, airdrop is that they are asking for payment (ethereum most is most common). But I think you'll probably know if you read things like the whitepaper or ask for the experts' advice.
Activity: 184
Merit: 1
August 18, 2018, 10:21:42 AM

and ask the admin there if its legit airdrop or not and they said its not legit an airdropbot using the name of their coin

another fake airdrop i see last month is bitair also asking for selfdrop to buy their token
i search the bitair website and i find it.i see the twitter account from there website

both of this type of airdrop scam i noticed they both collecting a member for their telegram channel and collecting follower on their twitter account.and asking for selfdrop

i hope this post can help some newbie to avoid to be a victim of airdrop with selfdrop

I no longer want to follow airdrop because it will only waste time and the prize doesn't match my expectations, so I avoid airdrop and follow the bounty only.
Activity: 82
Merit: 1
August 18, 2018, 10:20:27 AM
Its hard to determine if the airdrop is legit or fake because some are looks like a legit because they make imitation like real airdrop so my advice to some airdrop fanatics do your own research about the airdrop you are going to participate to avoid scam.
Activity: 449
Merit: 102
Binance #Smart World Global Token
August 18, 2018, 10:18:07 AM

I dont have enough knowledge to know if the airdrop is legit or scam, but as long as it is free, and the only thing you need to do is to sign up and become part of their community is fine by me.
Activity: 421
August 18, 2018, 10:04:53 AM
I think we can find some suspicious situations from their telegram group. They may ask investors to send Ethereum through a place other than the website, and always ask you to recommend it to your friends and promise high returns.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
August 18, 2018, 09:33:17 AM
Well generalize them all as fake. It is gonna be your standard to judge whether that airdrop is just gonna be a load of crappy spams in your email throughout the day. It is like gonna be your curse to become part of it. That curse won't work or will always favor your way. If you are that type of ignorant who would just keep waiting for the airdrop to email you and click it immediately whatever link they've provided then you're gonna obviously screw yourself big time. I had received a lot of emails redirecting me to a MEW site and I am truly aware that the MEW site is pure BS. I wonder how many people fell for that type of crap though.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
August 18, 2018, 09:46:23 AM

Don't get offend with my opinion I think most of Airdrops are dump and wasted! You know why because they are irrelevant in the sense of how could you convert it with that amount. besides most of the time it has not more than $10 in value maybe if you hold it for years and hoping that the value will reach $100 dollars someday. but that's not a reality the truth is Airdrop was created to gain Followers for the specific ICO community or to create and Artificial Hype.  
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
August 18, 2018, 09:30:07 AM
I think you guys shouldn't waste time to find out the way to look for good airdrop Smiley. Cause I think it's impossible Smiley. For now, to find out a good bounty campaign or ICO project to join or invest is really difficult while number of good airdrop is much lower than bounty and ICO so I think although you guys know the way to find but it's impossible to find out any good airdrop at the moment Smiley.
Activity: 14
August 18, 2018, 09:28:27 AM
Thanks for sharing, even though I wish there is a more legit way of just knowing that a certain airdrop or project is fake, it can really save us a whole lot of resources and time
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
August 18, 2018, 09:27:56 AM
Yup that have happened with me many times. This is specifically happening with the telegram groups only. The telegram airdrops are more or less dangerous because well they can be fake with the bots that are made to deceive the people. Many times these bots will pretend as authorised one and will pretend exactly the same as if they are real ones. Be sure to ask the official admin whether it is true or not and only click on the links and bots which are provided by their official group. That is the best way to avoid scam.
Also, many airdrops which are associated with the bounties and ICO's which are failing at their roadmap should not be participated because they will turn out to be scam later for sure.
Activity: 420
Merit: 11
August 18, 2018, 09:26:03 AM

Your information is very helpful, you are very careful in choosing airdrop.
I have been following the selfdrop 4x and indeed after I checked it turned out to be a fake airdrop.
safe tips for choosing airdrop that we must be very careful. that's all in my opinion.
and what you wrote above is enough to help choose airdrop.
Activity: 434
August 18, 2018, 09:21:48 AM
I don't think it is necessary to choose airdrop, as a lot of them and recorded in each, and choose something with the best of them will take a very long time.
Pages:
Jump to: